Media Chris Weidman compares Alex Pereira to Ben Askren: ‘It’s such a deficiency in what we’ve seen so far’

10 years ago when I said I wasn't sold on teh Chris 'cuz his wins were kind of flukey, people got mad as hell and said I didn't know what I was talking about. Nowadays the Chris hate is just out of control and he's the ultimate can...LOL the mean streets of sherdog

Never liked Weidman tbf.

Is Max a cheater too since he eyepoked Justin twice in one minute
Max's looked unintentional. Chris landed an eyepoke combo ffs. Also no Max isn't a cheater for 2 accidental eyepokes but Gaethje is for poking Poirier 2x and headbutting him 2x. Poking Barboza and Fiziev. Headbutting MJ. Illegally a 1 armed dude 2x. Poking Guillard 3x and hitting him after the bell. Poking Firmino, soitting his mouth guard out 4x and grabbing the cage 3x etc...

Watch Gaethje vs Poirier 1, he was literally atempting headbutt eyepoke combos lol.

I think he just needs another concussion to set him straight again.

MV5BYzUzZjdkYzAtYzQxZS00OWMyLTgwYmEtNDRhN2Y5OTI2MGJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE0MzQwMjgz._V1_.jpg

bing-bam.gif

Can't lie, I love watching this guy lose. Just one more knockout and I'll be satisfied, well maybe two....

Good job performing that eye exam on Bruno, but now it's time for a step up in competition Chris <{yearp}>

Small chance, Alex is a bit stronger than Chael, TDD would be fine, Alex is weighting 220-230lb.

Blahovic gave it all in first round to be able to hold Alex down, and was done. But would be interesting to see Alex vs some wrestler, just not sure who is there in LHW/HW.

Prime chael’s double legs were relentless, he had great chain wrestling. He says it on his podcast often, the first takedown attempt is just to get you in, the 3rd move is what will put him down. Jan’s wrestling is levels below chael’s. Decades of muscle memory…. Alex won’t be able to stuff Chael’s takedowns just like chael wont be able to KO him with a left hook.

alex pierra last 6 fights in the ufc has been against guys that were champions.

Weidman is one of the dumbest ufc fighters on the roster. And if he has some cte as well, it is further bringing down his genetic low IQ.
All strikers

Delusional Weidman strikes again, the guy is a glorified CAN and run his mouth about a legend like Pereira, Weidman really needs to STFU after that terrible cheating performance vs Silva

Link: https://www.mmamania.com/2024/4/24/...uch-a-deficiency-in-what-weve-seen-so-far-ufc

“It’s hard for me to get fully behind Pereira, because I do see such an opening with the wrestling, and he hasn’t really fought wrestlers who will take advantage of that,” Weidman said on Believe You Me. “It’s hard to deal with, but it’s so crazy and it’s such a deficiency in what we’ve seen so far.

“It’s almost like Ben Askren coming into the UFC and being able to just become a multiple-time champion with no hands,” he continued. “It’s like a striker looking at Ben Askren and thinking, ‘How the hell is this guy the world champion?’ He was able to do it in Bellator, he was able to do it in ONE FC. The guy had an unbelievable MMA career and had no striking at all. It looked awful but he was so good at wrestling he was able to do it.
Weidman was a great fighter at one point

Calling him a can is pretty disrespectful to his prime days.

I shouldn't as he accomplished a lot, but I feel sorry for Weidman.

I used to get triggered by him because of what he did to brazilians, but after his first few brutal losses I just dont hate him.. he comes off as desperate.

Did he not save or make enough money to act this delusional or is it CTE?

Chris's career is over he needs to talk to stay in the media.

Delusional Weidman strikes again, the guy is a glorified CAN and run his mouth about a legend like Pereira, Weidman really needs to STFU after that terrible cheating performance vs Silva

Link: https://www.mmamania.com/2024/4/24/...uch-a-deficiency-in-what-weve-seen-so-far-ufc

“It’s hard for me to get fully behind Pereira, because I do see such an opening with the wrestling, and he hasn’t really fought wrestlers who will take advantage of that,” Weidman said on Believe You Me. “It’s hard to deal with, but it’s so crazy and it’s such a deficiency in what we’ve seen so far.

“It’s almost like Ben Askren coming into the UFC and being able to just become a multiple-time champion with no hands,” he continued. “It’s like a striker looking at Ben Askren and thinking, ‘How the hell is this guy the world champion?’ He was able to do it in Bellator, he was able to do it in ONE FC. The guy had an unbelievable MMA career and had no striking at all. It looked awful but he was so good at wrestling he was able to do it.
The tiny hint of truth in this quote is all but completely obscured by the Ben Askren analogy.

Pereira may not have been sufficiently tested against an elite wrestling based game plan, but his ground game is miles ahead of Askren's striking. It isn't even close. The only place where light creeps through is that Ben did get sent out against a series of strikers, with bad intentions, whereas Pereira did not. But is is not also the case the the top of the division is not particularly wrestling heavy?

The tiny hint of truth in this quote is all but completely obscured by the Ben Askren analogy.

Pereira may not have been sufficiently tested against an elite wrestling based game plan, but his ground game is miles ahead of Askren's striking. It isn't even close. The only place where light creeps through is that Ben did get sent out against a series of strikers, with bad intentions, whereas Pereira did not. But is is not also the case the the top of the division is not particularly wrestling heavy?
Shhhh, let them pretend that Alex methodically dodged 8 of the top 10 who were all NCAA/ADCC level grapplers at MW and LHW like...uh...uhhhh...Marvin Vettori?
bing-bam.gif

Can't lie, I love watching this guy lose. Just one more knockout and I'll be satisfied, well maybe two....

Good job performing that eye exam on Bruno, but now it's time for a step up in competition Chris <{yearp}>
Anderson fans finally drinking up the 11 year vintage haterade they've been storing up
<nonemybusiness>

I was expecting for Chris to say how he plans to take the title from Alex. Like when he moved up to get knocked out effortlessly by Reyes and said he is comming for Jones.
"I know what I'm capable of..."

As much as people want to shit on his opinion, I kind of agree with it. I imagine someone with good takedowns, wrestling, and grappling, would be able to control Alex and show how weak he is in that area. We're almost back in the STAND AND BANG era and kickboxing bouts.
When has there ever been a stand and bang era in the UFC?

Back