Media Chris Weidman's finish (technical decision win) GIFS

Lol, not only do they not DQ him, but they don't even give him a point deduction.

Looks like teh Chris and his camp still clinging to their shadiness. The Mousasi stuff, then Aljo with the knee, now again with the eyepokes.

That isn't how rules work in an incidental foul.

TS is materially wrong calling this a "TKO" as it was formally announced on the broadcast the commission recalled the stoppage and judged the fight a decision win for Chris - at this point you can only call a decision up to the foul. Even with a point deduction, Silva still lost the first two rounds.

incidental? He literally landed a left right combo of fouls...and it wasn't even the first pokes. Should be a DQ

I actually think that Chris was right and Bruno was trying to play up the last one to get a point deduction and paid for it

This should have been a No Contest. I like Weidman, but this is just a terrible ruling.

TS is materially wrong calling this a "TKO" as it was formally announced on the broadcast the commission recalled the stoppage and judged the fight a decision win for Chris - at this point you can only call a decision up to the foul. Even with a point deduction, Silva still lost the first two rounds.

"Incidentally" eye poking egregiously multiple times, lmao. Your honor, I was incidentally speeding for the 5th time, it wasn't intentional!!!

Some of you guys are clueless. That's one of the most obvious DQ worthy events you'll see.

This should have been a No Contest. I like Weidman, but this is just a terrible ruling.

I love how they didn't even bother asking him about it in the post-fight interview.
They asked that Uzbek fighter Nursulton about his marginal eye contact though.

Pathetic.

American fighters, especially White Americans, have been getting preferential treatment since day 1.

blah outcome, he was winning but 2 pokes sours it. They distracted him enough that the back of the ear landed. Yucky win but so it goes.

Hmm, so if you're ahead on the scorecards you should poke the shit out of your opponent's eyes and you'll get the decision win

Just make it look "incidental" by poking him in such a flurry no one can tell what happened

This should be overturned to a No Contest for blatant fouling

Why cant you use replay to see that not 1 but 2 blatant fouls were made in sucession? That should merit a DQ because you couldnt stop the fight for the 2nd foul point deduction given it happened rapidly. Its a DQ in my mind no doubt

In the fantasy land that lives in your head - yes.

In linear reality where the commission doesn't work that way, what happens is they reviewed the footage and revoked the TKO. Since the fight was already stopped, they had to score it a decision up to that point. Chris thus won by decision.

It is unfortunate and I think its a bummer this happened. I've been watching MMA for 20 years and had no idea that foul happened in real time watching the broadcast in HD, particularly because Bruno CRUMPLED TO THE GROUND like he got dropped. I don't think its reasonable to blame the referee.

Unfortunate sequence of events. Chris doesn't have a history of fouling despite a long body of work. He won the first two rounds and most of the third, so even with a point deduction he still wins this fight.

The Chris, Karma is around, never forget that. Your second hit is coming

In the fantasy land that lives in your head - yes.

In linear reality where the commission doesn't work that way, what happens is they reviewed the footage and revoked the TKO. Since the fight was already stopped, they had to score it a decision up to that point. Chris thus won by decision.

It is unfortunate and I think its a bummer this happened. I've been watching MMA for 20 years and had no idea that foul happened in real time watching the broadcast in HD, particularly because Bruno CRUMPLED TO THE GROUND like he got dropped. I don't think its reasonable to blame the referee.

Unfortunate sequence of events. Chris doesn't have a history of fouling despite a long body of work. He won the first two rounds and most of the third, so even with a point deduction he still wins this fight.
Yeah bud your wrong but thanks for taking the time to write a pointless argument

Back