Ciryl "Back of the Head" Gane

again, brain bleeds happen for all kinds of reasons. no evidence that rabbit punches caused that specifically. even if there was, that’s one case ever in hundreds of thousands of fights.
- Asks for an example
- Gets an example
- “That’s just one example in thousands of fights”

- Asks for an example
- Gets an example
- “That’s just one example in thousands of fights”
except you didn’t give an example. the only unique damage the back of the head can receive is to the brain stem, you guys cited a brain bleed, which you can get from strikes to any part of the head.

You expect me to have off the cuff examples of fights where the only strike ever thrown was to the back of the head? Ready to go in case a meathead decides he knows better than the doctors that spend their lives researching this?
if you’re going to feel passionately enough to cry on a forum about back of the head strikes, yes, i would expect you to be able to explain why they are uniquely dangerous. also if they are so dangerous, why is it a-okay to hit the back of the head accidentally?

again, brain bleeds happen for all kinds of reasons. no evidence that rabbit punches caused that specifically. even if there was, that’s one case ever in hundreds of thousands of fights.

Right, but none of that matters. You asked for ONE fighter who suffered from back of the head shots explicitly. You got your name. If you want to amend your argument to suit your perspective, no skin off my nose. But don’t be intellectually dishonest.

Right, but none of that matters. You asked for ONE fighter who suffered from back of the head shots explicitly. You got your name. If you want to amend your argument to suit your perspective, no skin off my nose. But don’t be intellectually dishonest.
plenty of fighters have been hit in the back of the head. i’m looking for a case where damage unique to the back of the head caused irreparable, or at least unique damage. yes prichard colon took a dozen-plus rabbit punches in that fight. he also took hundreds of other punches. i’m sure there’s been an errant rabbit punch in every boxing tragedy, my argument is quite clear.

He does this every fight. A lot of his shots are dangerously close to the back of the head or on the back of the head. Sometimes the ref calls it, maybe not so much in his home country. Either way tired of seeing it go un-challenged. Its part of his repertoire where he actually goes after the vulnerable parts of the head

62056875-11179783-image-a-214_1662341959241.jpg

ciryl-gane-illegal-strikes-tai-tuivasa-junior-dos-santos.jpg

230902gane.jpg

The primary reason for the rule is the risk of paralyzing injury. Just a few punches to the head or neck can cause deterioration of motor skills and paralysis. It can also cause serious spinal cord injury, and even detach the brain from the brain stem, which is fatal.

Illegal_Striking_Zones_PIC_large_medium.jpg

Gane seems like kind of a dumbass and just keeps doing it.

He’s got no power, so he needs to do what he needs to do to eek out standing TKO’s…
Exactly. His striking isn't actually that good, just his speed and foot work are. And he has no serious grappling. His loss to Jones was pathetic but predictable. Nobody is going to close easily on Jones, the master of distance.

He does this every fight. A lot of his shots are dangerously close to the back of the head or on the back of the head. Sometimes the ref calls it, maybe not so much in his home country. Either way tired of seeing it go un-challenged. Its part of his repertoire where he actually goes after the vulnerable parts of the head

230902gane.jpg

The primary reason for the rule is the risk of paralyzing injury. Just a few punches to the head or neck can cause deterioration of motor skills and paralysis. It can also cause serious spinal cord injury, and even detach the brain from the brain stem, which is fatal.

I noticed this myself. Once again he is throwing hammerfists when opponents are covering up to defend from more traditional attacks. I don't think any shots on Spivak were illegal but they were close for sure.

He’s got no power, so he needs to do what he needs to do to eek out standing TKO’s…

Him and Lesnar have shoulders wide as barna, and Gane has striking skills to boot. . . but they just can't seem to generate any power in their punches, and love jack-hammer mini-hammer-fisting.

Not his fault his opponents have to turn and duck tail when he’s whipping their ass. Notice a common theme, every time that back of the head nonsense is called is when Gane has his opponent badly hurt and they’re force to turn away from his striking.

230902gane.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

At least show an illegal strike that happened in the Spivak one, that photo you posted doesn't show that.

Back