Claudia vs Andrade =

Wow, that was impressive. Andrade's hand defense isn't that good, but she has a hell of a chin. Her (improving) footwork isn't that good, but she keeps up the pressure and puts you on your heels. Her head movement isn't that good, but it's good enough to roll with the best shots and get her opponents to wear themselves out. Mix that with her tenacity, toughness, strength and power and she is a MOTHERFUCKER. Heck of a win over a game Gadelha

That was disgusting, watching that level of damage taken to a fighter due to cheating... in all fairness Claudia is also clearly on the juice but Andrade has taken it to another level.
giphy.gif.cf.gif

And I'm on double yellow? You fucking kidding me?

Fight of the night for me, respect to both the woman, I said it in another thread, Andrade was a tank tonight, one of her best performances, Claudia also gets a ton of respect for staying in it. Andrade's ground control to me was beautiful, her work on the body was very smart, punched out Claudia's gas tank. Claudia gets points in my book for trying to sink in slick guillotines lol.

Action from start to finish. A victory for WMMA tonight <GinJuice>Showing the fans they know how to go out there, throw hands and <{JustBleed}>

Andrade is a beast. She layed the smack down for 3 rounds and still had energy to go more.

Yep. Claudia looked good in the first, after that mini she-hulk smashed.

Yeah, Claudia had a great start in the 1st rd, landed some super hard shots that unfortunately didn't faze Andrade at all .. Andrade herself has said that she has a granite chin and walks easily through strikes, so no surprise there.

That said, Claudia got FUCKED UP!!!. This is the match that I wanted to see since before Andrade fought for the title. I knew that Claudia was technically better everywhere, but I also thought that she might run into trouble against someone she could not physically bully, since much of Claudia's games relies on her exceptional physical strength for this division ...

Andrade was clearly the physically stronger girl, and it was mind blowing to see Claudia so helpless from her back. I also knew that there was a good chance that Andrade's superior conditioning would pay dividends for her.

Andrade was clearly the physically stronger girl, and it was mind blowing to see Claudia so helpless from her back. I also knew that there was a good chance that Andrade's superior conditioning would pay dividends for her.

It definitely exposed more of her weaknesses. No one's ever tried to grapple Claudia and put her on her back since she's usually the one taking everyone else down, we never got to see her wrestling & grappling defence. Andrade was the first one to go for takedowns on Claudia and boy was that ever interesting, Jessica has a sweet DC style takedown with the way she transitions from the single to the crotch lift slam and Claudia had no answer for it. She got flipped & slammed with Jessica getting a dominant position straight of the slam every time, she couldn't block or float out of it the way Joanna did.

Really nice work by Andrade on the ground too, she stayed heavy and beat the crap out of the body to gas Claudia out then went body head to keep busy and give Claudia no chance to recover. I think Claudia's mistake was allowing Jessica to get her position set instead of trying to scramble out right away, problem is she was out of gas and didn't/couldn't keep moving as soon as it hit the ground, she sat still a few moments too long and lost the opportunity to scramble out.

Interesting fight, Andrade went in and did her usual thing, and we found out more about the limitations in Claudia's skills and how to beat her.

A nice surprise on a shit card. Easily top 5 WMMA fights imo.

i personally don't like riod up fighters but since they both juiced in the past i was okay with seeing them clash.
it was the best wmma fight i have ever seen. real dope. i respect them both a little more.
way more entertaining than any of joanna's fight.

Normally I just find something else to do when WMMA comes on, but that was awesome. Both girls are tough as hell, and Andrade looks like a machine.

Back