News Clay Guida vs. Leonardo Santos added to December 4 ESPN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmadna.nl/ontmoeting-tussen-veteranen-clay-guida-en-leonardo-santos-op-4-december/

SIR

Meeting between veterans Clay Guida and Leonardo Santos on December 4

Lightweights Glay Guida and Leonardo Santos will face each other on December 4, during a UFC Fight Night, at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Guida announced on social media. Both fighters lost their last match.

Clay Guida will be in action for the third time this year. In February, “The Carpenter” took on veteran Michael Johnson. Guida won the fight by unanimous decision. In his most recent fight, Guida faced undefeated Mark O. Madsen in the octagon, which he lost by split decision.

In March, Leonardo Santos saw his eight-fight UFC undefeated streak come to an end. Of these, the Brazilian managed to win seven, one fight ended in a draw. Grant Dawson ended that streak by knocking Santos out in the final seconds of their meeting.

Leo Santos is an underrated OG, he made his pro debut in 2002 vs Gomi!

Hated to see him get KO'd last second against Grant Dawson in his last fight, and the judges fucked up scoring round 1 anyway by scoring it for Dawson.

Hopefully he can bounce back vs Guida here. Crazy that Santos is actually a year older.

DeterminedNearFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Really like this fight, battle of old-timers who still have something left in the tank. I'd probably go for Santos, submission.

Reactions: G10
It's a shame Santos wasn't able to do more in his career. The guy is/was really tough, but it seemed like injuries and maybe other issues kept his activity so low. Not sure if he would've been able to become a champ or top contender, but going on that type of streak at LW is super impressive.

Leo Santos is an underrated OG, he made his pro debut in 2002 vs Gomi!

Hated to see him get KO'd last second against Grant Dawson in his last fight, and the judges fucked up scoring round 1 anyway by scoring it for Dawson.

Hopefully he can bounce back vs Guida here. Crazy that Santos is actually a year older.

DeterminedNearFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif
He was like... "what are you waiting for, are you punching me or not?" Textbook over extension.

Guida has a habit of winning fights he should lose, but I would be shocked if he won this. Santos has the way better standup, and did not get bullied at all by Dawson.

Santos should be a sizeable favorite here.

Guida has a habit of winning fights he should lose, but I would be shocked if he won this. Santos has the way better standup, and did not get bullied at all by Dawson.

Agreed, I think Santos just does whatever he wants, decision for sure though.

Agreed, I think Santos just does whatever he wants, decision for sure though.

The guy who destroyed Anthony Pettis before it was cool
MRsyEGRs2hn93Xx7YG0-c5-IIxfumzGB2PwKdlVSqFtGFMZ3OmrPgoawpNCoXwxv_A8HPG32C18kGrmPhXLfn_zhmcDc-tTp

Lol at destroyed. That fight is the definition of lay n pray with Guida doing nothing except shoulder strikes and defending sub attempts. He would take an L under today's updated rules.

Back