Television Clean Humor Rocks

a lot of comics dont do clean humor because it's really hard to do. Adding profanity, sex, those are comedy hacks, and because they're not well done or thought out, they come off cringe because they are cringe.

Jon Pinette was the very first that came to mind, and it sucks I missed him when he performed here.

Jeff Foxworthy live is actually much funnier than a lot of his specials I have seen. Jimmy Carr and Jim Gaffigan don't swear very much, if at all.
Jimmy Carr swears all the time

I still watch old school comedies like I Love Lucy and the Dick Van Dyke show. It is great writing and comedy. Not everything needs to be raunchy and foul. I agree.

LOL Norm opened his show in San Francisco by saying the town was known for men fucking and sucking each other
Norm is savage...My favorite clip is when he told those broads on the view that their friend Bill Clinton is a Rapist

This is a short clip from a set I had never seen from Rodney.

“Before I got married there was plenty of girls I could have married, this one girl wanted to marry me I remember her, she said we should get married she said “we think alike, we like the same things” I told her i don't like to suck dick what the hell are you talking about?!”

Turns out he would curse in non-televised stand-up shows lol.

I always appreciated Mitch Hedberg for this (I'm no hardcore comedian expert so please correct me if I'm wrong).

"I saw a commercial that said 'Forget everything you know about slip covers' so I did. It was a load off my mind."

He’s one of my favorite comedians and I thought of him in regard to clean humor but looking back at his catalog he would say “fuck” and “shit” frequently.

70 times combined out of 275 jokes I found.

Still the subject of his jokes was mostly clean and were easily adapted to a family friendly medium and he would substitute or omit those words.

Out of 275 I only counted 1 joke with a sex reference, 1 with a drug reference, and 5 with an LSD reference.

This is a short clip from a set I had never seen from Rodney.

“Before I got married there was plenty of girls I could have married, this one girl wanted to marry me I remember her, she said we should get married she said “we think alike, we like the same things” I told her i don't like to suck dick what the hell are you talking about?!”

Turns out he would curse in non-televised stand-up shows lol.

He’s one of my favorite comedians and I thought of him in regard to clean humor but looking back at his catalog he would say “fuck” and “shit” frequently.

70 times combined out of 275 jokes I found.

Still the subject of his jokes was mostly clean and were easily adapted to a family friendly medium and he would substitute or omit those words.

Out of 275 I only counted 1 joke with a sex reference, 1 with a drug reference, and 5 with an LSD reference.
Nice to know, thanks for that. I first learned his material from audio recordings of his comedy sets and then after a while saw some videos. From my recollection of the audio performances they were much smoother, and his timing wasn't rushed, and I don't remember cursing in the body of the jokes. However after watching some videos he would add in an "F" or an "S" kinda in between jokes but not necessarily right in them.

But yeah you're right that even if it's in a joke the crux of it is generally family friendly.

An example (paraphrased) I remember (been years since I listened to the material I knew if him):

"Sometimes I really crave rice. Bot bevause of the flavor, but because I want to eat a few hundred of something"

Also btw your new nickname is Rain Man :cool:

*edit*
Also that Dangerfield joke is so damn funny, very simple and universally relatable

Back