Elections Clinton vs Trump Polls thread (Clinton's Bounce Larger than Trump's)

Prediction on Win Margin for Election Night (Electoral College)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Clinton leads Trump by just 3 points in new poll
By Rebecca Savransky

Hillary Clinton holds just a 3-point lead over Republican front-runner Donald Trump in a national head to head matchup, according to a George Washington University Battleground Poll.

Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, has 46 percent compared to Trump's 43 percent, a more narrow margin than other polls have found.

In the RealClearPolitics average of polls, Clinton has a larger 8-point lead over Trump, 48.8 to 40.8 percent. Fellow Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders has a 15.3-point lead over the Republican front-runner, 53.3 to 38 percent.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...oll-clinton-up-3-points-over-trump-nationally

__________________________________________________________________________________

Alright FBI director Comey, why not just make this easy on the Super Delegates, and remove Clinton from the equation, and save the Democratic party from itself?

Mod Note: GE Polling will be merged here. Try to keep discussion primarily to polling oriented discussion
Use RCP to make your own election map to help with poll decision.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/create_your_own_president_map.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait for the debates!

She'll continue to drop in the polls.

Polls don't mean shit anymore.

I heard that, funny enough when she was leading Bernie by a large margin, it is all her supporters could talk about.

"Bernie can't win, he is losing by 20 points nationally"

Fast Forward

"Polls don't mean shit"

General election hasn't even started yet, and Trump is making crazy runs to draw even.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he won in a landslide, come election time.

I heard that, funny enough when she was leading Bernie by a large margin, it is all her supporters could talk about.

Fast Forward

"Polls don't mean shit"

Bernie bots do the same thing - disregard polls when they are against him and favour them when they shine positive thoughts on him.

How about we wait until both Clinton and Trump are officially the nominees before you start fumbling a narrative on head to head polls.

Weren't you a Trump supporter last week?

Fast Forward

"Polls don't mean shit"

First, most people don't even have or use landlines, which is how these polls are conducted still.

Statistics are what matters, an average of polls, not the individual polls, especially averages of individual state polls. Right now, it's still too soon. That data hasn't been collected.

The only polls now that are close to relevant are the likability polls, even then not so much.

Trump has crushed the record on unlikability, which is actually pretty spectacular.

General election hasn't even started yet, and Trump is making crazy runs to draw even.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he won in a landslide, come election time.
LMAO neither has the Clinton campaign started. Bill Clinton alone campaigning will bury Trump because people remember good times with him at helm..not to mention all the other crap Trump has said which will be played ad nauseam.

At the end of the day there is not enough angry white males to elect a Republican president again. 3% wont mean shit. Electoral college will and Clinton leads by over 150 pts in the real race

LMAO neither has the Clinton campaign started. Bill Clinton alone campaigning will bury Trump because people remember good times with him at helm..not to mention all the other crap Trump has said which will be played ad nauseam.

At the end of the day there is not enough angry white males to elect a Republican president again.

You keep thinking that. A month ago, Trump stood no chance, because of "the polls". He's nearly pulled even in a ridiculously short amount of time.

You're making a mistake in thinking that people really care about the crazy shit Trump has said. That's half of his appeal.

This is laughable:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dont-worry-about-the-electoral-college-math/

Do you realize what's going on? Trump is SO WEAK among the general electorate that even though he has already secured sole claim to his party's nomination, he can't even defeat Hillary in a general despite that her current GE popularity is stunted by her still (theoretically) potential opposition. She's +4 in spite of this.

It's unreal. I think Silver's 25% chance for Trump is too great. He's not even winning worst-case scenarios.
You keep thinking that. A month ago, Trump stood no chance, because of "the polls". He's nearly pulled even in a ridiculously short amount of time.

You're making a mistake in thinking that people really care about the crazy shit Trump has said. That's half of his appeal.
Trump hasn't once established a lead even at the peaks of his momentum. Hillary has never fallen below him even in her troughs.

He doesn't stand a chance. But have fun. It doesn't matter at this point. The GOP electorate made its bed.

This is laughable:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dont-worry-about-the-electoral-college-math/

Do you realize what's going on? Trump is SO WEAK in a general electorate that even though he has already secured sole claim to his party's nomination, he can't even defeat Hillary in a general despite that her current GE popularity is stunted by her still (theoretically) potential opposition. She's +4 in spite of this.

It's unreal. I think Silver's 25% chance for Trump is too great. He's not even winning worst-case scenarios.

Trump hasn't once established a lead even at the peaks of his momentum. Hillary has never fallen below him even in her troughs.

He doesn't stand a chance. But have fun. It doesn't matter at this point. The GOP electorate made its bed.

Bookmarked for posterity.

Bernie bots do the same thing - disregard polls when they are against him and favour them when they shine positive thoughts on him.

How about we wait until both Clinton and Trump are officially the nominees before you start fumbling a narrative on head to head polls.

Weren't you a Trump supporter last week?

Adelson gave him 100 million. Deal breaker for me. I still view him as the lessor of two evils, but can't in good conscience vote for him now.

First, most people don't even have or use landlines, which is how these polls are conducted still.

Statistics are what matters, an average of polls, not the individual polls, especially averages of individual state polls. Right now, it's still too soon. That data hasn't been collected.

The only polls now that are close to relevant are the likability polls, even then not so much.

Trump has crushed the record on unlikability, which is actually pretty spectacular.

And in a close second on record unlikabilty is Ms. Clinton, with plenty more bad headlines to come.

I can't wait for this election to be over so I can collect all my winnings. So many of my coworkers are stupid enough to take action on Trump, he's not even sniffing the GE win. Locking up 30% of a party's crazies will not translate into national success.

Adelson gave him 100 million. Deal breaker for me. I still view him as the lessor of two evils, but can't in good conscience vote for him now.

You Change your support more than a woman changes her mind on a place to eat dinner.

And in a close second on record unlikabilty is Ms. Clinton, with plenty more bad headlines to come.

It's not a close second.

Clinton’s average “strongly unfavorable” rating in probability sample polls from late March to late April, 37 percent, is about 5 percentage points higher than the previous high between 1983 and 2012. Trump, though, is on another planet. Trump’s average “strongly unfavorable” rating, 53 percent, is 20 percentage points higher than every candidate’s rating besides Clinton’s.

Clinton would have the record in recent years if Trump wasn't absolutely on a different field in terms of unlikability.

What actor is going to play trump after he wins.

It's not a close second.

Clinton’s average “strongly unfavorable” rating in probability sample polls from late March to late April, 37 percent, is about 5 percentage points higher than the previous high between 1983 and 2012. Trump, though, is on another planet. Trump’s average “strongly unfavorable” rating, 53 percent, is 20 percentage points higher than every candidate’s rating besides Clinton’s.

Clinton would have the record in recent years if Trump wasn't absolutely on a different field in terms of unlikability.

Oh I see, well if it is strongly unfavorable.......................

In the polls that alot of different polling companies do, where they ask favorable, or unfavorable, she is polling about 6% in front of him last I looked, which is by definition a fact that this makes her the second most unfavorable candidate to ever win a nomination, only behind Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brady12Gronk87
Back