CM Punk's legacy is...

Wrestling fans are fickle. Most of the people making fun of him now were sucking his dick in 2011 as the smart wrestling savior. If he stayed retired from pro wrestling and never did the UFC stint everyone he's looked at differently(like how they kept chanting his name at WWE events) but like Harvey Dent said "you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

There will be a lot of interesting Dark side of the ring episodes with him in the future. Extremely talented promo skills, polarizing figure, his athleticism and backstage attitude is obvious the biggest weakness but not to the point where it stopped him from being a top tier guy but it lowered the ceiling for him. All this said he's been massive influence on some current wrestlers sort of like how Piper/Stone Cold was influencing a next generation.

o2pat2f55ad71.jpg

Defiant and unafraid. The massive amount of self belief he has makes others jealous.

Main eventing Wrestlemania fewer times than the Miz. <Lmaoo>

only thing he ever did that impressed me was bagging aj lee. but he will always be his biggest fan

Overachiever.
Premadona.
Lockerroom cancer.

I don’t follow wrestling closely enough to say for sure. I was a mark for him after the pipe bomb but he's been a huge bust since. Nobody complains more. And I think HHH absolutely buried him and was right when he said that Punk's idea of business being good is when, and only when, it's good for Punk.

Last edited:
The first guy ever to successfully shoot himself into a work. Also, successfully got WWE to view fan reactions with scepticism (if not disdain) ever since.

I remember AJ Lee confirming many years ago that Jay Lethal took her virginity. She also said after Lethal she dated Trent Beretta and that Trent was her first true love. I wonder if that ever bothered Phil seeing Lethal and Trent in the AEW locker room.

Imagine having to work with both guys who were the first and second person to ever bang your wife. <Lmaoo>

I remember AJ Lee confirming many years ago that Jay Lethal took her virginity. She also said after Lethal she dated Trent Beretta and that Trent was her first true love. I wonder if that ever bothered Phil seeing Lethal and Trent in the AEW locker room.

Imagine having to work with both guys who were the first and second person to ever bang your wife. <Lmaoo>
Trent is pretty cute tbf

A fluke loss in UFC plus a no contest because of fighting a druggy opponent.

Back