CM Punks UFC Career Summed Up in Gifs

I'm all for bringing new fans to the sport but what sporting organization with any self respect would stoop that low to do it? If you made fighters earn their place then inevitably fans would come. What we’ve got here is a model for the hype-thirsty casual. The NASCAR fan who's just waiting for the crash. A fan that will leave or tune out if their guy isn’t fighting. Not a fan of the sport. But perhaps you’re right. Maybe he did turn on a few kids, fans of WWE who want to watch MMA now. Who knows.

Shamrock definitely did that for MMA back in 2000-2005 or so. Difference is he was already established, and even though he was beginning to decline he still had some good fights.

Anyway, don't blame Punk for the spectacle. That's on the UFC, and it's just status quo for them. There's no real ranking system or or objective system for determining who fights whom, at what slot on the card, etc. Some of that is rightly based on what "feels" right, but the UFC has always been about hype and spectacle. Was before Punk and still is after him.

Roufus and company obviously knew it was a Trainwreck and shouldn't happen. But there a lot of money to be made. "CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all
Kenny Florian

Lol so many armchair warrior fighting academics taking a bite and posting to defend their as yet undocumented testicle size. This goober has stepped into the cage and proven his, delusional or not, when he doesn't need the coin, and got his ass handed to him in front of the world. If he did that to try and prove something to himself and failed dismally, well welcome to the storyline of the majority of peoples' lives. He's utterly useless in the cage and i hope we never have to see or hear of him again, but credit where credit is due. Just harder to give to someone you consider such a loser if it makes you consider where you sit in that equation

CM Punk thought he could fight because he watched it on TV. That isn't brave, that is narcissism and delusion.

I wonder if Rener Gracie played a part in it. He was , if I remember correct, the first to stroke Punks ego about being such a great BJJ artist despite only little practice. Something like "he has only a blue belt but the ability of a brown to black belt". Regarding Rener Punk had practiced BJJ for years before starting mma training. I remember people thought he would be at least competitive regarding bjj.

i feel like thats some egomaniac coaching. like im such a good coach, i could coach anybody to not get killed.

Roufus is an egomaniac but imo its much simpler. He knew Punk would never succeed and did not even bring the necessary work ethic to the table but he got lots of money and name recognition. I kinda get why he took him in. He even tried to stop Punk from taking the Gall fight.

He had a go and was far from competitive. His training camp were blowing smoke up his ass so they get that $$.

I wonder if Rener Gracie played a part in it. He was , if I remember correct, the first to stroke Punks ego about being such a great BJJ artist despite only little practice. Something like "he has only a blue belt but the ability of a brown to black belt". Regarding Rener Punk had practiced BJJ for years before starting mma training. I remember people thought he would be at least competitive regarding bjj.

Rener Gracie: CM Punk's MMA potential has 'no limit'
"With the little time he’s had with me spread out over so many years, he’s made remarkable progress. There’s no telling how successful he would be if he devoted himself full time to the training...He can go get some fights, knock some fools out and choke some dudes...If he dedicates himself full time, there is no limit, he has the intangibles."

Typical Rener marketing talk. Anything to bring attention to the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu™ brand.

But if you read between the lines, you can actually find the truth: CM Punk did NOT train with the Gracies for years. He trained SPORADICALLY for years. Rener even says CM Punk's actual cumulative training time has been "little" spread over "many years."

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a similar case at Roufus Sport. Sporadic training, not dedicated training.

If he's a celebrity at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and only has a blue belt, even Rener noticed how bad he was.

Don't they all have alteast purple?

CM Punk doesn't have balls or guts, or whatever. Literally any one here would gladly get taken down and beat up by the two worst UFC welterweights for a million dollars.
CM Punk should stayed in the WWE instead of pursuing an MMA career

Rener Gracie: CM Punk's MMA potential has 'no limit'

Typical Rener marketing talk. Anything to bring attention to the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu™ brand.

But if you read between the lines, you can actually find the truth: CM Punk did NOT train with the Gracies for years. He trained SPORADICALLY for years. Rener even says CM Punk's actual cumulative training time has been "little" spread over "many years."

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a similar case at Roufus Sport. Sporadic training, not dedicated training.

Exactly this^^

You can tell from his body movements, they're not ingrained and subconscious like they would be if he even trained 2x a week for a month like every newb at the gym. They all move with much better grace than him, even the least athletic 400 lbs gamers and soccermoms. They get my respect, not ConMan Phil. He lied hardcore, none of his movements were even 1-month proficiency. Everything he did was awkward and overly self-conscious, even in his "training footage."

Last edited:
If he's a celebrity at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and only has a blue belt, even Rener noticed how bad he was.

Don't they all have alteast purple?

CM Punk competed in a jiu-jitsu tournament as a blue belt last year.

It's possible he has dedicated himself to training and earned his purple belt since then. But I doubt it.

CM Punk first started dabbling in BJJ and MMA nine years ago, through Rener's wife Eve Torres.

CM Punk's current level of ability shows that he really hasn't gone beyond dabbling in his training.

I know guys who have progressed from white belt to brown belt in nine years. They have way more skill than CM Punk, and they're just hobbyists with average or below average athleticism. The difference is: They are dedicated to training. 3 or 4 times a week like clockwork.

Pro-Wrestler are not a monolith group, they are not all athletes and CM Punk falls into the not category. Also he refused to shake Galls hand at the weigh-in, he claimed MJ was a can, he said he was 3 wins away from a title shot in the UFC, he said he would be a champ in a regional promotion.
He thinks he is Lesnar at least Brock was wrestling in the NCAA before moving to WWE and then i think after 3 years from leaving WWE he fight 1 time in Dynamite USA before he was signed by the UFC then he lost his Debut against Mir then he won his next fight against Herring then the UFC give him a chance to fight for the HW title and he WON it at least Brock is an athlete Unlike CM Punk who is Just an actor in the WWE

To be fair to him he’d probably kick most of our arses and had the balls to step into the cage in front of millions to fight.

yes he sucked, like seriously sucked but he gave something he wanted to do a shot. At least he won’t go through life with “what if” he got his answer.

Bullshit...half of sherdog would beat this goof without even training. He has zero athleticism.

He got paid well to take a beating. Most people on here would do it for that money. That is just asinine. Have him do it for for 10k/10k then get back to me.

Train your fat, lazy, anonymous ass, get in the cage and take your beating for whatever money you can make, then get back to me.

Imagine what Mickey Gall would do to the majority of posters in this thread lol

Train your fat, lazy, anonymous ass, get in the cage and take your beating for whatever money you can make, then get back to me.

Imagine what Mickey Gall would do to the majority of posters in this thread lol

I put my body through hell in 8 years in the Marines for a lot less money and I’m still suffering the consequences 11 years later, so fuck off. Training to go get paid 800k is not impressive. If they told you train for a year for 800k and take a beating, you wouldn’t do it?

Back