• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coach/friends elderly parents passed away. What is a nice thing to do?

Romulas

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So my MMA/kickboxing coach's elderly parents both recently passed. They were in their late 80's and weren't doing well for the last two years. I'm trying to think of something nice that I can do to commemorate them.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

If they were religious, a donation to their church

Memorial plaques and flowers for their funeral home

Money.
Ask your friend what kind of expenses he expects and offer to cover some.
Decide how much you want to spend and cover some.

Offering cash is ok too. Some may think it uncool, but, fuck that shit. When a close one dies, cash becomes an issue, always.

Sorry to hear about your loss... let me know if there is anything you or the family are needing...

Leave out the last part.

Alcohol would be a good gift. I drank like crazy last time I lost someone important.

I would say "Primi moju sucut". Take my condolences. Though sucut is a religious word. Basically I remind people of God and wish them well in a religious way. Only God strengthens you on these losses. Money doesn´t mean anything now. So use your personal or his religious style of expressing your condolences. My friends dad passed I texted him with that sentence and also like to add praying hands and a emoji with a pigeon holding a olive branche. It represents peace and belief. The whole thing is I mean it when I tell my condolences to people. In the end we´re dependent on God no matter how educated, rich or anything else we are.

Money.
Ask your friend what kind of expenses he expects and offer to cover some.
Decide how much you want to spend and cover some.

Offering cash is ok too. Some may think it uncool, but, fuck that shit. When a close one dies, cash becomes an issue, always.
He's pretty well off. Coached 2 top 10 HW boxers and had a lighter guy who fought Manny and won some titles. Had about a dozen guys in the UFC. He's not hurting financially.

I was actually thinking a memorial tree or something like that.

He's pretty well off. Coached 2 top 10 HW boxers and had a lighter guy who fought Manny and won some titles. Had about a dozen guys in the UFC. He's not hurting financially.

I was actually thinking a memorial tree or something like that.
Idk then. You know him better, so you're better equiped to figure out what will be meaningful to him.

Food. If they live close by cook up something they can warm up for a few days or something convenient for them. If they live in a different city get them some gift cards to delivery places.

Find out from the coach/friend if they have a particular charity or cause they were passionate about, and donate something in their memory.

Bottle of crown royal and a nice card. Not food. Everyone brings food and you end up with way too much food and have to throw most of it out.

So my MMA/kickboxing coach's elderly parents both recently passed. They were in their late 80's and weren't doing well for the last two years. I'm trying to think of something nice that I can do to commemorate them.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?
Flowers and a respectful visit at the funeral.
Goes further than you think sir.

R.I.P

A portrait of his parents would be a good gift if you're able to get a hold of any pictures.

I
A framed montage with him & his parents, showing the good times & just offer to be there if they need anything. Always good to know someone has got your back.

My sincere condolences.

RIP
1705216326604.png

Get together with him, roll a blunt with weed and their ashes and smoke it with him. They did that with Tupac I believe.

Back