News Cody Garbrandt vs Deiveson Figuereido is set to open UFC 300 Early Prelims

Right matchup to open the UFC 300 event?

• Total voters
I’d put Nickal/Brundage, Andrade/Rodriguez, Lopes/Yusuff, and Miller/Green below. I guess the idea is to start off strong but I prefer cards to feel like they’re building. Whoever does the order nowadays makes odd decisions every card.
I think they did this to get more viewers to tune in earlier and not skip the first couple fights

Yea, but it's not really correct placement. It's better than like 4 other fights

Bout order isn't about how good a fight is, it's about how much appeal to casuals a fight has.

Fights that have very little appeal to casuals, such as the tiny weight classes, go as early on the card as possible. Hardcore fans watch all the fights, so the UFC doesn't consider what they want. The UFC is worried about casual fans seeing extreme manlets on their screen and changing the channel.

I’d put Nickal/Brundage, Andrade/Rodriguez, Lopes/Yusuff, and Miller/Green below. I guess the idea is to start off strong but I prefer cards to feel like they’re building. Whoever does the order nowadays makes odd decisions every card.
Exactly. The cards can never get any momentum (which is concept people can't grasp when they say bout order doesn't matter) because the order is always completely and utterly fucked, and has been for years

Maybe prelims main fight
but not early Lims

The UFC higher ups succeed despite their poor judgement. It’s annoying.

It's a mixture of negotiating brilliance, understanding early on that the market had changed and some pure dumb luck. It just doesn't matter any more that the quality of the program has decreased and less people watch it - same for WWE.

The insatiable demand for streaming content has suddenly turned a lot of pre-existing commodities that were no longer generating much money into suddenly hot property again, without people having to do anything.

Had Endeavor been running the company like this while ratings and PPVs still mattered, the UFC would have been fucked.

Reactions: Yep
It’s actually smart, start off with a fight people will be interested in so they tune in earlier rather than skip a couple fights
I was going to say the same. It’s a great business decision and quite frankly you can watch it after if it’s too early and you’re not worried about spoilers.

Looks like Cody gets to take a nap before he watches the main card.

That means Bo Nickal vs Cody Brundage will be higher in the bout order than two former champions who’re fighting each other.

I mean you do know thats the point right? To have the card open with a fight like that to get people not only in the door but people watching from the first fight instead of skipping a few like alot of people do.

That's annoying as fuck.

I don't have fightpass and the service I watxh cards on doesn't always air the early prelims.

Hopefully they make an exception for 300.

that’s a really good fight. starting strong might actually be a good decision.

Back