Cody Garbrandt vs Muay Thai

Cocakillbana

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How does he do? It would be interesting to see how his boxing does against the kicks and knees of the Muay Thai stylist. He trains at TAM with Master Thong who used to train Buakaw, so that tells us his kicks are not something to be underestimated. Thoughts?

He would probably do pretty well considering how well Dustin Poirier did.

How does he do? It would be interesting to see how his boxing does against the kicks and knees of the Muay Thai stylist. He trains at TAM with Master Thong who used to train Buakaw, so that tells us his kicks are not something to be underestimated. Thoughts?

He already defeated Brazilian muay thai legend Thomas Almeida bro. Boxing >>> Muay thai proven.

All that boxing means nothing when it can be shut down by the clinch.

Send him to Bangla Patong or Max Muay thai Pattaya.

I wonder what would happen if you put Dominick Cruz against the best guys of Bangla stadium.

Putting the MMA guys in 8-10oz gloves and having them fight in may thai rules, they'd get slaughtered

Put them against any top level thai fighter in MMA rules and the odds fall more in their favor. With the small gloves, boxing and sheer punch power matter much more than in the Muay Thai ring. One well placed punch can change the dynamic of the fight. Possible in MT rules but less likely

Putting the MMA guys in 8-10oz gloves and having them fight in may thai rules, they'd get slaughtered

Put them against any top level thai fighter in MMA rules and the odds fall more in their favor. With the small gloves, boxing and sheer punch power matter much more than in the Muay Thai ring. One well placed punch can change the dynamic of the fight. Possible in MT rules but less likely

if you remove grappling and use small gloves and fight in the cage ( like caged muay thai ) i think the MT fighter still win, there are huge gap when it comes to MMA vs High Level Striking.

but of course, in MMA rules, the MMA fighter takes the MT fighter down and beat him easily.

What the fuck is this horseshit? This guy runs a Muay Thai site and he's that clueless? He didn't name a single current stadium fighter in that pile of shit article.
Its some other guy, not sean :eek::eek::eek:an

Its some other guy, not sean :eek::eek::eek:an
Well that Jabroni let him post that on his site so that's on him. Those were the kind of arguments we see when some MMA fan meanders his way into this sub forum.

Well, he already beat the great Thomas Almeida, one of the best Thaiboxers on the planet and in the UFC.

I mean, he was 21-0 until he ran into Cody's fists. How many fights does the average Thaiboxer even have? Like 10?

I'd say he eats Saenchai and Jomthong alive.

if you remove grappling and use small gloves and fight in the cage ( like caged muay thai ) i think the MT fighter still win, there are huge gap when it comes to MMA vs High Level Striking.

but of course, in MMA rules, the MMA fighter takes the MT fighter down and beat him easily.

the difference in level of skill is very vast but I meant that the chances of the MMA fighter winning goes up with small gloves, regardless if grappling is allowed or not. In 8/10oz boxing gloves, the chance is nearly non-existant

the difference in level of skill is very vast but I meant that the chances of the MMA fighter winning goes up with small gloves, regardless if grappling is allowed or not. In 8/10oz boxing gloves, the chance is nearly non-existant

Yeah of course, especially with if the fight happen in the cage, even in MT rules, MMA fighter still has some changes.

but with the grappling, is no hope for the MT fighter.

Yeah of course, especially with if the fight happen in the cage, even in MT rules, MMA fighter still has some changes.

but with the grappling, is no hope for the MT fighter.
The Muay Thai fighter can get a KO in mma. Mma fighter can also get a KO in a caged muay thai fight.

Both not likely but its possible

When I watched the Cage Muay Thai Series of John Wayne Parr most of the Fighters Striking looked better than most Ufc Fighters,Crisper and not so hesitant. I don't believe the small gloves are a problem for MT Fighters.

what do you think of dutch kickboxers vs mma fighters with small gloves? i dont think dutch style works with small gloves

Back