Cody Garbrandts next fight should be against a guy with no KO power

I disagree. Cody has very good boxing, Luke's is shit. Cody gets pissed and he starts trading. He abandons his boxing when he gets emotional. Luke abandons his boxing before the bell rings. Both are chinny though. Cody's is stronger but getting weaker by the fight.

I do not know - Cody is quicker but his boxing is sloppy/reckless and his chin is gone......
ElegantDisloyalHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

TJ-Dillashaw-Vs-Cody-Garbrandt-GIF-Best-Moment-2.gif

GroundedFearfulLabradorretriever-size_restricted.gif

Jimmie Rivera, Cody Stamann, or John Dodson would be good for him next.

Garbrandt vs. font seems fair

I disagree. Cody has very good boxing, Luke's is shit. Cody gets pissed and he starts trading. He abandons his boxing when he gets emotional. Luke abandons his boxing before the bell rings. Both are chinny though. Cody's is stronger but getting weaker by the fight.
Cody has always had a glass chin. When he was trying to say tj had a glass chin I laughed. Like dude, you got knocked out by a part time mma fighter who works at dairy Queen while the was knocked out by a world class fighter.

SpiffyThickFlyinglemur

you mean like luke rockhold vs jan blachowicz, chuck liddell vs rich franklin, edgar vs maynard 3, dj vs benavidez 2, etc.
tumblr_n6vgiybbgI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

these guys are trained killers and anyone can get caught, especially when they don't respect the power and accuracy of the opponent

If Sterling just beat Pedro after Pedro knocked the fuck out of Cody, Sterling shouldn't have to go backwards to fight him.

Knowing the UFC, they want to do the Faber fight as soon as possible. Now, I think Yan is slightly closer to a title shot than Sterling but concede they're very close and at least Sterling is a bit known, so they could do Cejudo-Sterling, and do Faber-Yan for next. Faber can immediately legitimize himself for a title fight with a top win or the rightful contender Yan can get some attention to his name with a win over the mini-legend that is The California Kid.

In the meantime, Moraes and Cruz should fight for the immediate bounceback from title losses, which would be exciting, and Cody and Assuncao compete for the chance to rebuild their top contendership. Assuncao fights a former champ and Cody fights a tough guy without a lot of the KO fear. The winners of those would likely fight each other for the next shot after Yan/Faber

In the meantime, Joe B sits in the corner on Megan Olivi's lap, despising his old coach for returning.

That chin is forever cracked, Epollashaw ruined his career, he should just take fights with grapplers with no stand up and cash some checks while he can.

I've been saying ths for months now but... they should do Garbrandt vs Sergio Pettis next.
Pettis is a decent name and recently moved up to 135 lbs. He doesn't pack significant KO power and its an upside for both fighters if they win and put on a good show.
<WellThere>

He needs to start sparring with headgear
And study his opponents more. He did that very good with Cruz

I don’t think cruz was cruz in that fight. I think he had a string of good wins and at the elite level, that brawl style that he likes to rely on, is backfiring. Id say he either heavily cleans his boxing up and his approach to fights depending on his opponent, or he’s going to be retired by the end of next year.

Agree.

Or he should just fight Barao so at least one of them can get a win.

hahaha would love to see no belt go up against Faber. His career will have come full circle jerk

I wish his next fight was against Ngannou. Glass chin CoGar can take a hike with him neck tat

But it’s so fun to watch him get knocked out. Marlon Moraes needs a tuneup bout

Back