Coker should capitalize on a big opportunity (UFC 233 cancellation)

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
He Has Bellator 214 that looks like this now:

upload_2018-12-13_14-14-7.png

While this is not bad, but he has one more slot in the main card.

How about signing this guy?

mark-hunt-ufc-fight-night-136.jpg

And maybe let him fight this guy:

chael-sonnen-061014-ap-ftrjpg_166nvzc98l2221f8tpmipei74u.jpg

Freak show? Aye.
But Coker loves freak shows, and at the current state of both this fight is actually competitive.

yeah hunt is a guy they should look at. im surprised vitor hasnt signed anywhere yet. but both of those guys can end up somewhere else like in japan or in ONE.

yeah hunt is a guy they should look at. im surprised vitor hasnt signed anywhere yet. but both of those guys can end up somewhere else like in japan or in ONE.

Vitor-Sonnen or Vitor-Tito will suit as well!

But they have to move fast, not much time left until the event.

Vitor-Sonnen or Vitor-Tito will suit as well!

But they have to move fast, not much time left until the event.
yeah vitor fits right in with their legend fights they got going on at LHW and even HW. he's got history with wand, and with tito like you said. he never fought rampage before, thats a new matchup they can do. he can also fight chael.

yeah vitor fits right in with their legend fights they got going on at LHW and even HW. he's got history with wand, and with tito like you said. he never fought rampage before, thats a new matchup they can do. he can also fight chael.

Actually now when I think of it, Vitor is probably even more available because Hunt will probably be under matching clause from UFC.

Question is , again - how bad Coker would want to capitalize on it? To make a brave move and make it fast?

Actually now when I think of it, Vitor is probably even more available because Hunt will probably be under matching clause from UFC.

Question is , again - how bad Coker would want to capitalize on it? To make a brave move and make it fast?
Has to be financially possible as well. Not sure how bellator has done this year. The viewership is down but they’ve seemed to gain some momentum with the HWGP and now the WWGP. I like the direction they’re going

how many more people would tune in to see mark hunt fight that wouldn't already be watching fedor, mousasi, pico?

I agree that they could use one more really good fight on the main card

They added Archuleta vs Bandejas

how many more people would tune in to see mark hunt fight that wouldn't already be watching fedor, mousasi, pico?

Those who watched Hunt in UFC recently and got used to see him, and intended to see UFC 233?
Those who like Hunt more than abovementioned guy?
Those who like Sonnen?

Nice additional fight. Now hopefully it goes to prelims and Coker does something to make Bellator 214 substantially more interesting.

Hunt was getting $800,000 to show for the Lesner & a few fights after that, you've got to assume he'll be looking for $400,000 at least and he's not a massive draw.

Exactly. Hunt isn’t a draw this day in age. He was getting paid $800k in the UFC which is just insane. He might bring in some viewership interest from the Australian/New Zealand market, but I don’t see his presence on the card doing anything to boost the live gate.

Only people Bellator can put on the card to increase the live gate as of now are Tito or Mr. Sonnen.

Exactly. Hunt isn’t a draw this day in age. He was getting paid $800k in the UFC which is just insane. He might bring in some viewership interest from the Australian/New Zealand market, but I don’t see his presence on the card doing anything to boost the live gate.

Only people Bellator can put on the card to increase the live gate as of now are Tito or Mr. Sonnen.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

So maybe Tito AND Mr. Sonnen? One more time?

I think why you don't see someone like Vitor or Hunt(hasn't been free agent very long) sign yet is these guys are waiting for that stupid call. The call from some moron promoter in Russia or where ever that will pay them 500K+ for one off fight. They aren't looking for multi fight deals for 150K a fight.

Bellator is trying to stay in business and build the org. They seem to have moved on from these one off things they tried a few years back.

I would much rather see Hunt vs Sergei or Hunt vs Mittrione, or Hunt vs Kongo or Hunt vs Minakov(I think I heard he's coming back). Bellator can make some pretty intriguing match ups at HW.

I think why you don't see someone like Vitor or Hunt(hasn't been free agent very long) sign yet is these guys are waiting for that stupid call. The call from some moron promoter in Russia or where ever that will pay them 500K+ for one off fight. They aren't looking for multi fight deals for 150K a fight.

Bellator is trying to stay in business and build the org. They seem to have moved on from these one off things they tried a few years back.

It's a smart move, they need to keep growing gradually. Hunt can definitely get a 6 figure deal from Bellator but he's not going to get 500K+ per fight. I think Vitor could get a 6 figure deal too but probably more like 100-200K, Hunt might be able to get a bit more.

I'll always watch/support Hunto!!!! Although damn man he is getting old and been in some WARS....

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

So maybe Tito AND Mr. Sonnen? One more time?

The promotion behind the fight would be good. Chael would be running around for the next month screaming that Tito tapped first.

This, probably the final main card fight.

Also Hunt probably has exclusive negotiating period with UFC so unless UFC waived it he will likely have to wait a few months before signing with another org.

Back