Colby “I think a fight with Masvidal gets me right there”

Colby trying to get matched up against another old geezer. His “pace” doesn’t work against prime fighters. Both overrated fighters that would get finished by unranked Shavkat Rakhmanov. Forget about Khamzat, he destroys both in the first round

Colby trying to get matched up against another old geezer. His “pace” doesn’t work against prime fighters. Both overrated fighters that would get finished by unranked Shavkat Rakhmanov. Forget about Khamzat, he destroys both in the first round

Nonsense

Colby trying to hype up an easy win for himself as a big win, winning against Jorge does not put him in title contention.

Even if he beat someone like Edwards, Burns or Luque who are at the top of the divisions ranking and talent pool, I still think he would need 1 more win to seal it.

Colby would eat Jorge alive and spit out the bones. He can't beat Kamaru but against a journeyman he will perform.

While I am a fan of Colby… no way does this get him a title shot.

I think he needs 2 wins to fight again for the title

He always refers to him as a journeyman lightweight. Why would beating a journeyman lightweight get you back to the title shot.
He said why in the interview. You guys rate him so highly so why shouldnt it - quote was something along those lines

While I am a fan of Colby… no way does this get him a title shot.

I think he needs 2 wins to fight again for the title
He needs way more than 2 wins to get a title shot against Usman, he has to wait until Usman loses or retires for him to have any chance at a title shot.

Would LOVE to see that fight, if only for the bad blood!

Buuuut after two losses to the current champ, he’s gonna need to string together a bunch of wins and be more active in order to get another title shot.

His last win was against a guy who got beat in combat by a Youtuber. I say have him fight Hasbullah and winner gets another chance to stare at Usman after talking smack.

Dana has already established that beating Diaz or Masvidal is worth getting a title shot (unless you're Edwards then you need to beat both) so why wouldn't he take the easier fights

He always refers to him as a journeyman lightweight. Why would beating a journeyman lightweight get you back to the title shot.
Maybe he just wants to punch Jorge in the face.

Back