Media Colby Covington responds to critics after Dana said he is next up for a title shot

Forgot to mention: If Leon or Masvidal is at the top, it'll be an easier time coaxing Conor to a super fight. Colby, as the wrestler he is, not so much. So not only is Colby the lesser star here, he's the lesser potential for superstardom.
It will be if they pay Colby off not to wrestle in exchange for a bogus title shot + red panty night.

literally no one likes him. he’s not a heel, he’s the opposite. no heat whatsoever, we’re all just bored of his gimmick.
You'd be surprised how many right wing chuds exist, sadly.

Even from a business perspective, it’s weird. Colby is unknown to most casual fans, and most educated fans know he probably isn’t the most deserving contender, especially after he’s already had two chances in the past few years. So how does this generate more buys than any other challenger would?

Then again, the UFC is doing the exact same thing at heavyweight….

Colby is not a needle mover.
So it's politics

It would be funny if Colby's words backfire on him if Masvidal pulls out a win in a few weeks and Leon picks him instead.

That fight is instantly a bigger draw than Colby.

It will be if they pay Colby off not to wrestle in exchange for a bogus title shot + red panty night.
07kimbo-vs-petruzelliimg_1196.jpg

approves.

"This isn't a sport" Colby Covington.

Dude hasn't had a quality win his entire career, every ranked win this man's ever had was over a fighter 37 years or older. And he's rewarded for it.
RDA was his only good win, and it was half a decade ago, Colby is irrelevant from a competition standpoint, beating a washed Jorge who should never have been ranked as highly as he has been means nothing.
You'd be surprised how many right wing chuds exist, sadly.
Chud is a term used by people with double digit IQs, and further proof that leftists lack the capability to meme.

Not true of Belal at all, Brady and Luque weren't washed or old fighters. Usman you cannot say the same about either, his wins over Colby twice alone prove that but Burns wasn't 37, he was 34. Colby is a far worse case than Belal or Usman but I'll give it to you, this era of WW has sucked and was filled with aging past generation WWs and undersized LWs moving up to achieve an easy ranking.
Belal already had a chance to look completely outmatched against Leon. He has no case other than a winning streak built on the bottom of the ladder.

Belal already had a chance to look completely outmatched against Leon. He has no case other than a winning streak built on the bottom of the ladder.

Very stupid response. Belal had a chance but got fouled in the first minute of the 2nd round by Leon to where he could no longer see, so that's Belals fault? Wasn't that a 5 round fight and we're going to conclude after the first round he had no chance? A strong pressure fighter like Belal? Regardless, Belal is 8-0-1 and has beaten several top 10 guys. Colby has already gotten and lost two title shots, has no winning streak to speak of and mostly feasted on beating old men.

“I definitely have a say,” Edwards said. “Listen, he ain’t getting a title shot next fight. Look at the road I had to take to get there. There’s no way you’re getting beat twice by the guy that I just beat twice, went out and beat Masvidal, and then sit out for a year and a half, not even tweeting or nothing, just go missing for a year and then randomly pops up at the weigh-ins and it’s like, ‘OK, he’s fighting for the title next.’ It makes no sense at all, so let’s see how it plays out. He has to go out there and earn his way like I had to do.

“Khamzat [Chimaev] and me were calling each other out for years. This is a guy that I got matched up with three times in a row. I took the [Chimaev] fight and [Covington] didn’t take the fight and he’s getting rewarded for not taking the fight. When it was me, I got removed from the rankings. So ‘Dana White privilege’ is definitely real.”

Very stupid response. Belal had a chance but got fouled in the first minute of the 2nd round by Leon to where he could no longer see, so that's Belals fault? Wasn't that a 5 round fight and we're going to conclude after the first round he had no chance? A strong pressure fighter like Belal? Regardless, Belal is 8-0-1 and has beaten several top 10 guys. Colby has already gotten and lost two title shots, has no winning streak to speak of and mostly feasted on beating old men.
Would Belal open as a favorite against Leon?

There's your answer.

Back