Media Colby Covington wants to fight Charles Oliveira, says he has "better jiu-jitsu"

Has the same wins as Usman and had 2 competitive fights with him despite being a small WW
He fought Usman's opponents after they were damaged goods. As the champion, Usman fought every challenger when their momentum was at their highest. With the exception of the 2nd Masvidal fight, Usman's common opponents were riding a winning streak whereas Colby fought them while they were in the middle of a losing streak. The last time Colby fought someone coming off a win was against RDA back in 20fucking18.

He fought Usman's opponents after they were damaged goods. As the champion, Usman fought every challenger when their momentum was at their highest. With the exception of the 2nd Masvidal fight, Usman's common opponents were riding a winning streak whereas Colby fought them while they were in the middle of a losing streak. The last time Colby fought someone coming off a win was against RDA back in 20fucking18.
That’s not how that works, Colby fought them literally right after. Their skill didn’t diminish at all lol.

You can’t say they were washed or old if Colby was literally their next fight. Plus Usman fought old masvidal twice and Colby who’s supposedly a bum twice and struggled. That must mean Usman is super overrated

what a pathetic man this is, wants to fight a smaller man and is not ashamed

I'd like to see them add a weight class 165 and move welterweight up to 175. Having a 15 pound gap between 155 and 170 is too much IMO.

Not that I like Colby, but a 165 class would be better for him.

Covington speaking nonsense again to place himself in a spotlight fight…

It’ll probably work too.

Reactions: lsa
lol, the more the guy is universally disliked the more i become a fan of him.
Oliveira has missed weights more than once and by a large margin sometimes so there's not even that much of a difference.

lol, the more the guy is universally disliked the more i become a fan of him.
Oliveira has missed weights more than once and by a large margin sometimes so there's not even that much of a difference.
In case you missed it, Charles has missed weight at featherweight which is 145, now Colby wants to fight him at 170.

But Yeah, I’m all in, let’s see a grappling match at UFC fight pass invitational. Also Caio Borralho wants to test his jiujitsu, let’s see him against Felipe Pena at the same event. And Smith vs. Pereira!

LOL. Oliveira should take that fight.

He is by far the best striker and for sure he would find that neck.

Book it you fucking Dana.

i hope he fights oliveira and then gets a shot at Leon again. This would be the best possible outcome for everyone.

I've been calling for this fight since Colby lost to Leon. I think it's a great fight for both but Oliveira is so much more dangerous, I think he taps Colby.

I know it doesn't make sense but I want it to happen just so I can take credit for manifesting it lol
It would suck to waste an Oliveira fight against Covington. But I also think he finishes him. Colby isn't beating Charles while I'm alive *unzips pants*

It would suck to waste an Oliveira fight against Covington. But I also think he finishes him. Colby isn't beating Charles while I'm alive *unzips pants*
If he finishes Colby, which I also agree with, his star power will be completely rejuvenated if not newly peaked. Yeah Colby lost to Leon but people wanted to see him get finished, & many would celebrate if this came to fruition.

It's classic babyface vs heel booking

If there's any way in hell he could make 155 it might be worth it to try. He would probably be given a top guy and could talk his way into a title shot if he could pull off a win. I don't think Oliveira is the right match up and I don't think he will ever make the move anyway.

Back