Media Colby exposed for eating well done steak

I hear people describe their steaks like this and every single time all I can think is that they don't like the taste of steak at all. They just love butter and herbs.
How thin is your butcher cutting your steaks?
And then you have an almost-moist, flavourless steak. Sounds like a plan!
The tenderizing process would allow the butter, salt, garlic, herbs, etc... to penetrate the meat better.
Also coating in oil (or better beef tallow) beforehand definitely makes up (a bit) for the higher internal temp.

Of course, cuts with good marbleization are going to hold up best.

That said, I personally don't like going past rare.

Reminds me of my friend's engagement party at a supper club. We were having several courses and when the risotto arrived, one high school female friend rolled her eyes after tasting (it wasn't amazing but it wasn't anything bad either - it was standard for an upscale establishment) and said "honestly, I feel like walking down the road to get a quarter pounder".

I got up, tossed the table over onto her, grabbed some risotto from the floor and rubbed it into her face, screaming "here's your quarter pounder, Miss Basic-McDonald!" Unfortunately, the bride to be was on that side of the table. Along with many other women. I was disinvited to the wedding.

Anyway, the first paragraph was entirely true. The rest kind of warped into what I was thinking at the time.

Wisconsin?

I'd actually imagine the reason to have the steak more well done during fight week is to cook out as much extra fat and juices from it as possible to help with making weight.

Which becomes rather ironic if he did that while complaining about guys cutting weight while he doesn't.

Have we ever gotten verification that he doesn't cut; or is it another aspect of the "they were gonna cut me on a 5 fight winning streak?"

rare steak is for classless baboons and inbreds
well done is the way to go

Have we ever gotten verification that he doesn't cut; or is it another aspect of the "they were gonna cut me on a 5 fight winning streak?"
He's probably abusing the term in that he's not 20-50lbs above his weight class like others while out of camp. He's instead just in the same ballpark of 170 that across all the extra work in camp gets him down to it "naturally" without needing to overhaul his diet and do a water cut too.

At least that's my take. Photos of him out of camp aren't vastly different to suggest he's blowing up like others, but his jawline definitely sharpens up at weighin so he's obviously loses some fat/water in between to actually hit 170.

I will buy a rib roast. Separate the Rib Cap from the eye. Cook the rib cap separate, to medium temp. Because there is so much fat marbling, needs a little more time to render, medium rib cap is my favorite. The rib-eye I will cook closer to medium-rare.

Man, what kind of meat are you eating that you can't eat a medium rare steak without worry of it harming you?

Is this a thing in America? That you might be at a restaurant where you can't trust a medium rare steak not to poison you? I live in Canada, and over here this is patently NOT a thing.

Never had an issue here in my life so no, not a regular thing here.

Only the real ones remember Bigg Rigg Steakhouse (PERMANENTLY CLOSED)
I mean when you use paper plates at a restaurant, and you're a fighter trying to start a restaurant, cmon, that what destined for failure. A hilarious failure at that. And he bought that truck he could NOT afford. All the guy had to do was balance his diet. that's it, for millions of dollars, but decided being gluttonous was better, imagine.

He's probably abusing the term in that he's not 20-50lbs above his weight class like others while out of camp. He's instead just in the same ballpark of 170 that across all the extra work in camp gets him down to it "naturally" without needing to overhaul his diet and do a water cut too.

At least that's my take. Photos of him out of camp aren't vastly different to suggest he's blowing up like others, but his jawline definitely sharpens up at weighin so he's obviously loses some fat/water in between to actually hit 170.

He seems like he stays in great shape (hence his cardio) as opposed to blowing up out of camp.

Hopefully I'm not the first to point out that the steak is not anywhere near well done?

Lmao.
Never thought I'd rather eat a puck until now sir.
If you're gonna do it, now is the time. Those teeth aren't getting any younger or more robust, ya know.

So I guess guys like Colby give up steak when they're older because they can't chew it anymore, lol.

i don't care where the meat comes from but if it's beef i always eat it well done, except poultry and fish; that tastes like sawdust if overcooked. you muricans love to eat beef that moos when it's cut down.

Back