Colby wants Wonderboy next, how does this guy still have any fans?

He was gifted an unearned title shot last month. His 2nd not earned, 3rd total. It's time he gives back and fights young hot top fighters without being a diva, like other failed title contenders have done in Gaethje, Poirier, Whittaker, Holloway and many others.

There should be no special treatment for him.
Sounds like you do want special treatment for him, just especially negative treatment. You think he owes you poor career decisions to "give back"?

Holloway fought Volk 3x in 5 fights and has now moved up to LW, Dustin took 2 big money fights with semi-retired Conor to get his 2nd shot, then beat Michael Chandler and is now taking an up and comer because he's coming off a KO loss and ran out of other options. Gaethje took a year off after both of his title shots and is also avoiding grapplers.

I'm sure Colby would take Belal or Shavkat if it got him another title, but not for no upside other than to "give back" and be a stepping stone.

I mean at least he would of earned it this time, the last two he got it off beating an old ass Woodley and Jorge who were both on the decline/losing streaks
Tbh I do agree that Colby shouldn't be getting Shavkat, but I'd rather that over Colby/WB which makes less sense IMO. WB just shouldn't be getting top five opponents anymore and should have to fight down again.

Colby vs Sean Brady would be pretty good tho
The likelihood of him fighting for a title again is pretty slim, so it's not exactly a mystery why he'd just want whoever is the biggest name for a few fights before retiring.

Colby vs Ian Garry
Thompson vs Rinat
Usman vs Brady
Ian Garry is actually probably the best fight for him. If he gets past Neal, he'll probably take Wonderboy's spot in the rankings, there's a ton of material for Colby to talk shit and melt the dude in the presssers, the style matchup suits him.

Sure on the other 2, but Colby/Garry is a great matchup.

No. Shavkat. He fought enough 38 years old.
Colby does not deserve that match up. why is everyone hell bent on giving him a number 1 contender match up? he should have to win atleast 3 before we discuss titles.

this fight would put him on the short list with a win.

He should have to fight someone ranked outside of the top 7, Rather than keeping him in the mix.

Colby only called him out because WB drove right past him in his van.​

Colby does not deserve that match up. why is everyone hell bent on giving him a number 1 contender match up? he should have to win atleast 3 before we discuss titles.

this fight would put him on the short list with a win.

He should have to fight someone ranked outside of the top 7, Rather than keeping him in the mix.

Because he's a name. He'll look good on shavkat record. He got 3 title shot now his only usefulness is get destroyed by young up and comers.

You're just afraid of what Shavkat would do to him

Sounds like you do want special treatment for him, just especially negative treatment. You think he owes you poor career decisions to "give back"?

Holloway fought Volk 3x in 5 fights and has now moved up to LW, Dustin took 2 big money fights with semi-retired Conor to get his 2nd shot, then beat Michael Chandler and is now taking an up and comer because he's coming off a KO loss and ran out of other options. Gaethje took a year off after both of his title shots and is also avoiding grapplers.

I'm sure Colby would take Belal or Shavkat if it got him another title, but not for no upside other than to "give back" and be a stepping stone.

The likelihood of him fighting for a title again is pretty slim, so it's not exactly a mystery why he'd just want whoever is the biggest name for a few fights before retiring.
Colby just said he's the best WW in the world 3 days ago. Why would fighting Shavkat be negative treatment then ? Because we all know without shred of a doubt that Shavkat runs him like a train ?

Colby just said he's the best WW in the world 3 days ago. Why would fighting Shavkat be negative treatment then ? Because we all know without shred of a doubt that Shavkat runs him like a train ?
Huh? I already asked you if Colby should get a title shot if he beats Shavkat and you said no. Fighting Shavkat wouldn't be negative treatment if here was an upside to doing it, it is if you're asking him to do Leon's job of beating contenders for him with nothing to gain.

Because he's a name. He'll look good on shavkat record. He got 3 title shot now his only usefulness is get destroyed by young up and comers.

You're just afraid of what Shavkat would do to him
I don't think he deserves to fight shavkat.

When everyone said he should be fighting khamzat, I was saying he should fight shavkat.

But now Shavkat does not make sense.

you only want him to fight shavkat, because you think shavkat will win. I don't think Colby should be fighting anyone in the top 5. When shavkat was outside of top 5, before he fought neal, I was asking for that match up.

Post from 1 year ago, To remind everyone that it's you who is full of shit and most certainly not me.

1707421688147.png

Last edited:
Huh? I already asked you if Colby should get a title shot if he beats Shavkat and you said no. Fighting Shavkat wouldn't be negative treatment if here was an upside to doing it, it is if you're asking him to do Leon's job of beating contenders for him with nothing to gain.
He's pretty brain dead. He just wants to see Colby lose. So much so, that he'll give him a number 1 contenders fight he doesn't deserve. (ONLY because he thinks colby will lose)

It's funny because i made a post earlier in this thread, reminding folks that only colby haters want to give him no.1 contenders fights.

Colby should not even be given a chance to take the short road. He should be taking a 3 fight road to the Title, MINIMUM.

I don't think he deserves to fight shavkat.

When everyone said he should be fighting khamzat, I was saying he should fight shavkat.

But now Shavkat does not make sense.

you only want him to fight shavkat, because you think shavkat will win. I don't think Colby should be fighting anyone in the top 5. When shavkat was outside of top 5, before he fought neal, I was asking for that match up.

Post from 1 year ago, To remind everyone that it's you who is full of shit and most certainly not me.

View attachment 1028442

Shavkat deserve to fight Colby because he's a big name in the top 7. End of story

It's good for Shavkat resume

he has haters, which means he still gets an emotional response. + you morons won't shut up about him. you will pay, you will watch, just to see him do things you hate and to see him lose. so thats why he wont just go away anytime soon.

Coming off a loss and an injury, and he's supposed to go right back into fighting a number 1 contender? What is he supposed to say about his abilities? "I'm not that good, a lot of guys can probably beat me"???

If Wonderboy can't learn to grapple after all this time, that's his problem. Adesanya could handle a strong wrestler like Brunson early in his MMA career, what's with this weird thing where people just give a guy a pass for having shit grappling?

Colby haters are just contradicting themselves constantly, on one hand they say he sucks and isn't elite, but on the other hand they complain when he doesn't fight the absolute best fighters available, which one is it then? If he sucks so much, what's wrong with fighting Wonderboy? If he's too good to fight wonderboy and clearly beats him, then he doesn't suck..?

@RockyLockridge here's your Colby fan in the flesh. I've seen many of these people making excuses for him, although they are a bit quieter since his loss.

Woodley fought Burns after losing a title fight. Usman fought Khamzat after losing a title fight. Masvidal fought Colby after losing a title fight when Colby was ranked number 1 in the division. Gaethje fought Fiziev after losing a title fight. This guy and others like him want Colby to continue to get special privileges by only facing old fighters on losing streaks that are stylistically favorable.

Colby being Colby and making absolutely no sense in a recent interview on Submission Radio. He talks a big game about how he is the best welterweight and will fight whoever the UFC puts in from of him and do whatever it takes to get back in title fight. Then goes on to call out Stephen Thompson who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights and hasn't beat a grappler in 8 years:

“I think ‘Wonderboy,’ guys, makes the most sense. The ultimate nice guy vs. the ultimate bad guy. He came on this show, Submission Radio, and had a lot of things to say. ‘Oh, Colby’s going to get knocked out. Oh, I’ll knock out Colby.’ Oh, all these things. He’s No. 6 in the world, I’m No. 5 in the world right now. That fight makes the most sense.”

This is literally the worst and most pointless fight to make. We all know how Wonderboy vs a grappler goes, we've seen in 3 times in the past 3 years (Burns, Rahhmanov, Muhammad). If Colby is such a great and fearless fighter, why doesn't he call out one of the otehr contenders like Muhammad or Rakhmanov?
Well he's groomed his fans well. If they stuck around for nerds and virgins and his endless witless lies and goofy schtick, and if they stuck around for his 19 title shots after sitting on the couch, and if they stuck around through his causing conflict in camps and dissing families and calling cops on guys who attack him for it, they are hardly going to start complaining at this point in his career, right?

Colby fans are baked in at this point. So deep in the pie they don't even feel the heat from the oven.

What's to prevent Colby from getting another unearned title shot after beating yet another favorably stylistic matchup against an old guy on a losing streak? At least let him earn it this time. If he isn't going to face top contenders now then when? Keep in mind he only fights once a year. And you want to waste 2024 on the type of matchup he's already gotten, over and over. Boring and played out.

@RockyLockridge here's your Colby fan in the flesh. I've seen many of these people making excuses for him, although they are a bit quieter since his loss.

Woodley fought Burns after losing a title fight. Usman fought Khamzat after losing a title fight. Masvidal fought Colby after losing a title fight when Colby was ranked number 1 in the division. Gaethje fought Fiziev after losing a title fight. This guy and others like him want Colby to continue to get special privileges by only facing old fighters on losing streaks that are stylistically favorable.
Baked in, exactly. His fans are not going anywhere anytime at all. They are permafans. And loyalty has its rewards.

Back