College Students Go Wild After Learning Tuition Is Covered

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This old lady is awesome to do this for these students.

(The roar from the crowd can be felt through the screen. The excitement, as one can imagine, is uncontainable as students studying to be doctors at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine learned tuition moving forward will be free.

An unprecedented donation of $1 billion was made by Ruth Gottesman, the chair of the Einstein Board of Trustees. The money was left to her by her late husband. Inside Edition Digital has more.)

Jews are pretty fricking awesome.

Sometimes.

84a0b074-38d6-4962-b929-14d8bfe7c7f4_text.gif

I thought she was just paying the tuition for the current students, but the video makes it sound like the school will be tuition-free forever.

Maybe they're going to invest the billion and use the returns to pay all the tuition every year so the money never runs out?

I thought she was just paying the tuition for the current students, but the video makes it sound like the school will be tuition-free forever.

Maybe they're going to invest the billion and use the returns to pay all the tuition every year so the money never runs out?
You'd hope so with a billion.

Good for her and good for the students. They sounded like they really appreciated that kind gesture.

Awesome! Curious how much annual tuition is and how many medical students they have each year.

Edit: Tuition cost below. Looks like they just enroll 32 students per year so probably around 128 students enrolled total each year. Assuming they just cover the tuition part (~$71k/year) x 128 students. If I round up it's about $10 mil per year. So it makes sense that it can cover tuition and more from interest alone off that 1 billion. Every 1% interest is already $10 mil. A few more is enough to pay faculty.
1709407259413.png

Last edited:
I don't know why other states won't do what FL and GA have done for like 30 years now (program that covers tuition at a public school as long as you maintain a certain GPA and it's funded entirely by the state lottery).

This old lady is awesome to do this for these students.

(The roar from the crowd can be felt through the screen. The excitement, as one can imagine, is uncontainable as students studying to be doctors at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine learned tuition moving forward will be free.

An unprecedented donation of $1 billion was made by Ruth Gottesman, the chair of the Einstein Board of Trustees. The money was left to her by her late husband. Inside Edition Digital has more.)

This is awesome. Money well spent in my opinion.

Awesome! Curious how much annual tuition is and how many medical students they have each year.

Edit: Tuition cost below. Looks like they just enroll 32 students per year so probably around 128 students enrolled total each year. Assuming they just cover the tuition part (~$71k/year) x 128 students. If I round up it's about $10 mil per year. So it makes sense that it can cover tuition and more from interest alone off that 1 billion. Every 1% interest is already $10 mil. A few more is enough to pay faculty.
View attachment 1032472

Thank you for sharing this.

Back