Comments/Suggestions on The New Site - Post here!

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Good:
The flow seems smoother and more modern.
Can edit the title now, rather than just the content.

The Bad:
Platinum users have no more belt status.
No more animated avatars.
Post options don't include bullets, numbering.
Drop down for "more formatting options," is like Windows 11. It just creates more work.

(Note: As somebody who has designed websites myself, all of these are solvable, over time. In other words, though there may be some unwelcome changes/limitations, they can all be overcome as people notice them and report them. Therefore, rather than just call it "shit," maybe creating a thread topic with "constructive suggestions" will enable developers to continue to respond with ongoing solutions. I'm sure this software platform has more futuristic options than the older one.)

Maybe continue to post ideas here or on a dedicated thread?

Last edited:
Within a week or two nobody will even remember the old site. This has happened repeatedly over the years. Site upgrades, everyone flings shit bombs over it, then everyone accepts it and somehow likes it more than the next upgrade, which will also be labeled shit. Change F's people up.

The upgrade is still on going and would continue in the coming days. This isn't the final form.

Agree, what you can do is post your suggestions for improvement and the bugs/glitches that you encounter and we'll escalate them to tech/main site to have a fix.

Maybe post them in this thread as the TS mentioned.
<Irene2>
Thanks TS and just chill out everyone.

The upgrade is still on going and would continue in the coming days. This isn't the final form.

Agree, what you can do is post your suggestions for improvement and the bugs/glitches that you encounter and we'll escalate them to tech/main site to have a fix.

<Irene2>
Seconding this

We’ve been watching the team work on this behind the scenes, and there’s a lot more good stuff coming

On mobile, the posts themselves (the text). have become massively crowded by everything going on around them. Everything seems to get equal priority to the detriment of readability. There's too much jammed in. The old version had better, more relaxed spacing and gave much more priority to the posts. It was far smoother and easier to read.

<Irene2>

You bet.

Not many people realize what a monumental task it is to create a website, database, etc. It's literally incalculable.

There are always bugs, hangups, etc.

When viewing a building, it's a lot easier to "point out a crack in the building" ... than it is to design, create or build a better tower yourself <45>

Only through use are problems and limitations discovered.

Rather than cry, "Boo-hoo!", it's a lot more constructive just to point out the limitations/problems, and have the developers address them as they progress.

Truly appreciate the effort, because it's not easy.

I found out you can change your username through your account details page.
That was cool until I learned it goes to a mod for approval.... wish I didn't try that now.
You never responded to my message on your prior about Jeremy renner, so your fucked

Mobile version looks awful to me, reminds me of the black berry days when the browser itself tried to format the site into a "mobile version" instead of the sites having an official one.

Brother what on earth do you think you are doing with this postiive and thoughtful post?
This is an outrage and the OG's of sherdog are not going to take this lying down

bfbbb3c9a1fda0832a1cb49d03a60d1b066a5092.gif

Mobile version looks awful to me, reminds me of the black berry days when the browser itself tried to format the site into a "mobile version" instead of the sites having an official one.

A complaint like this really has no value.

How is anyone going to understand what "looks awful to you" actually means?

Viewing a site on a mobile phone is okay, but actually typing anything meaningful on a phone is a waste of time and thumb activity.
Even if you use voice-text, "phone software" voice recognition pales in comparison to dedicated professional software for this purpose.

Every time I try to respond to something here, on my phone, there are like 200 mistakes. It's a waste of time trying to correct them.

IMO, phones are only good if you're browsing, but for posting they will always be a clusterfuck compared to a desktop.

Maybe it's better that they continue to look like a clusterfuck, because that's what they are?

Just put the symbol and the number. The word makes it cluttered.

for mobile users, when you click "like" it brings up options to choose and the actual "thumbs up" ("like") option is all the way to the far left, while the "hate face" is right where your finger is, ie to the right.

Can this arrangement please be reversed where the "thumbs up" option appears and hovers right above the actual "like" button instead of all the way to the left?

it'd be less fiddly for mobile users.

ETA: truth be told, I would prefer just a plain old like feature without all the other emoji options. thx.

Last edited:
for mobile users, when you click "like" it brings up options to choose and the actual "thumbs up" ("like") option is all the way to the far left, while the "hate face" is right where your finger is, ie to the right.

Can this arrangement please be reversed where the "thumbs up" option appears and hovers right above the actual "like" button instead of all the way to the left?

it'd be less fiddly for mobile users.

This is the kind of mature, thoughtful "constructive suggestion" that will help continue to repurpose the site to optimal usage.

Back