Coan-Phillipi Deadlift Routine, Week 5
Top Set: 180kg x 3 x 3

Speed Deadlift
150kg x 3 x 3 (120 secs between sets)

Bench Press
95kg x 5 x 5

Facepulls
15kg x 5 sets of 10 reps

Looks like if you want to keep deadlifting, you'd better get yourself a pair of shinguards (I've used the RockTape ones) - or a pain of neoprene knee sleeves to be used as shinguards.

I will likely use my rehbands.

So been adding a little weight each workout to see if I have any pain. Deadlift feels ok. Might still be in this.

What do you all do for cardio? Need to replace jogging.

I don't. But if I did, I'd use an Airdyne.

Older ones are cheap as fuck on Craigslist and they have a reasonably small footprint.

I jump rope as my warmup. Other than that, I don't do any cardio anymore. I find that I can still run a 5k pretty comfortably without doing much for cardio.

Swimming, sprints, sled drags/pushes, rower.
Can't do sled push now, I think. Not a bad idea. Sprints are something I should do. Even have a perfect hill directly across the street. I'll map out something with that. How do you tolerate swimming? I've tried to make myself like it since it is about perfect for cardio and low impact. Swimming headphones?

Going to start waking more as someone else stated above. Morning walks before work make the most sense. I've been waking up at around 6 without my alarm. Might as well use it

How do you tolerate swimming? I've tried to make myself like it since it is about perfect for cardio and low impact. Swimming headphones?

You don't like being in water? I would swim everyday if I could.

Well looks like I can deadlift ok. Not sure if I tried to max or rep max if that would not be the case. Have made it all the way back to 545 for an easy double. Stopped there. Think I'll fiddle around some more and figure out a plan around that. Maybe since 545 wasnt painful stop there and do some rep work around that. Unsure about bench. 225x5 no issues. Don't want to push that at all. Probably a while before I do any work there. Can't squat though. Can't hold the bar. Lame. I was really going to focus on those. Doing smith machine squats with my right arm down. Finally found a use for this thing

Deadlift
560x2

Speed pulls w/bands
340x2x6

Sldl
335x8
355x8x2

Lat. Pulldown
160x8
175x8
190x8

Gm
155x8x3

Bor
185x8
205x8
225x8

Deadlift: practiced hook grip on warmups and first set of 435.

315x5
405x3
497.5x4
435x4(3)

Wound is healing up really well.
I hope to start Deadlifting again by next week!

In the meantime I start Benching tonight.

My deadlift plan is to get my squat up, work on grip and just hail mary this mofo.

Back