Concealed sword

That was way more interesting than I thought it would be.

I want to be there for the 'concealed sword' certification course.

Wow.... I want one. Although it must be as uncomfortable as hell to wear all the time.

I want to be there for the 'concealed sword' certification course.

Methinks they would want to organise that in the closed lobby of a good hospital with several microsurgeons on standby.

Seems impractical to me. You'd need room to use it effectively. And if you're in a state that allows concealed weapons (here in FL it's a concealed weapons permit, not limited to pistols like some states) you could just carry a pistol instead.

Sword is more badass though, I'll give them that. Imagine trying to mug someone and the dude pulls a fucking SWORD out of his pants. If he pulled a gun I would be scared, if he pulled that thing out I'd probably shit myself. And hope I could run faster. But you run faster with the knife. Everyone knows you run faster with the knife.

Sword is more badass though, I'll give them that. Imagine trying to mug someone and the dude pulls a fucking SWORD out of his pants. If he pulled a gun I would be scared, if he pulled that thing out I'd probably shit myself. And hope I could run faster. But you run faster with the knife. Everyone knows you run faster with the knife.

So much win.

I agree way cooler than I thought it would be. It seems like something one would have to own to fully understand the practical application of it.

That's interesting but it looks like a solution in search of a problem.

Also, I question the guy in the black shirt's "expertise." He's got all the right qualifications and he might have experience in concealing weapons, but I don't think he's got experience in using edged weapons, nor do I feel that he's spent much time with people who have actually used edged/stabbing weapons on each other.

The notion of an air marshal whipping one of these out is beyond preposterous. In fact, I can't think of a worse weapon for the circumstance.

Outside of a few isolated circumstances, I doubt these people have ever used an edged weapon against another person nor do they have much experience in what happens and how people react when they're stabbed, cut, or hacked at with a knife or machete. I think they have some vague notions, but don't really know what it takes to immediately incapacitate someone with a blade. If they did, I think they'd quickly realize how absurd this notion is.

That said, that's a pretty cool blade.

The guy is the black shirt is the Provost of ARMA. He is an expert in 15-16 century european combatives and, I believe has sparred with fully sharpened weapons. Has he ever seen or participated in a lethal encounter with edged weapons? Beats me. But given his SWAT background, who knows.

Cool but I can carry my a 9mm and an extra magazine way easier

Cool but I can carry my a 9mm and an extra magazine way easier

The guy is the black shirt is the Provost of ARMA. He is an expert in 15-16 century european combatives and, I believe has sparred with fully sharpened weapons. Has he ever seen or participated in a lethal encounter with edged weapons? Beats me. But given his SWAT background, who knows.

I'm not deaf. I heard his credentials the first time, before I made my post. I just don't think they mean much.

I like what those ARMA guys do. I think if you give those guys real swords versus any modern Japanese weapons art practitioner, the ARMA guy wins. That entire Western martial arts reconstruction community is very impressive.

That said, this "experience" doesn't mean much to me when the talk turns to using bladed weapons outside of the historical context. None of these guys have ever cut or stabbed someone in anger and have probably never been there first hand to see the incident or deal with the aftermath of the wounds.

I think these guys might have better ideas about how it would work in a real life situation than the average Joe, but I don't think they actually have much first hand knowledge about killing and nor much knowledge of what it actually takes to kill a person with an edged weapon. If these guys had any idea of what it takes to chop through a man's natural defensive posture when he's being hacked on by a sharp machete, they'd know exactly how absurd this "weapon" is for some of their potential purposes they themselves bring up in the video.

And no, taking some stabs and hacking at sides of hanging sides of beef doesn't count. If that's as close as they've gotten and are extrapolating from that, as I've seen many of these knife/bladed weapons "experts" do, then they really have no clue.

Seriously, SWAT? Is that a joke?

Here's another way to conceal a sword.
umbrella_sword_cane_540.jpg

I prefer to conceal my handguns but find this thread interesting to say the least.

They had stuff like that on Kung Fu Theater in the 70s when I was kid. It was more impressive then.

Back