Concerts - your first, your last, your favourite, your least favourite

First: Guavaween at Ybor City - Type O-Negative, Butthole Surfers, Killer Kona Buds. Peter Steele hucked a pumpkin out into the audience and some dude tried to catch it, knocked himself out cold, haha.
Best: Toss Up between the Guavaween show, King Diamond/Behemoth/Black Dahlia Murder/Nile at the Masquerade in 04, or King's X. Sadly, X falls behind, because for some ungodly reason when the opening act pulled out via sickness, the venue brought in an ICP label act called Zug Island that didn't mesh with the crowd at all.
Worst: As much as I hate to admit this being terrible, Queensryche at the House of Blues Orlando. Band was on point, but Tate was being a massive prick and really killed the energy. Ended up leaving halfway through the set.
Last: Just saw Primus and The Sword at Universal Orlando a couple of months ago. Primus covered the entirety of Rush's "Farewell to Kings" album, along with a large chunk of their own stuff. The Sword was pretty awesome on their own as well, didn't really know them before then.

Yep the last days of Tate-led QR were pretty bad. Was also my worst due to the disappointment.

First and favorite: Limp Bizkit
Last and least favorite: Linkin Park

I still kick myself for missing out on seeing Rush back in 84. I was going away for the weekend and when I came back my buds couldn’t stop praising the show. F@ck
I'm mad at you for missing that too. I saw them three times but the one I missed was the final tour. I didn't know it was the last at the time of course, but still.

First official (not some public fest) was Iron Maiden World Slavery Tour (Calgary, AB stop) in 1984. My cousin was older and took two of us younger ones to see it. Twisted Sister opened for them.

Last, 2018 The Gaslight Anthem 10yr The '59 Sound anniversary tour (Saw both nights in Toronto). Was supposed to go see Brian Fallon April of 2020 but the Pandemic shut that down.

Would like to fly to Denver later this month and see The Bouncing Souls, Face to Face and the Suicide Machines but my x-mas time off doesn't coincide with that date.

I just bought tickets for the Menzingers and Hot Water Music in April.

Favourite - I'm going to say Rancid and AFI (plus a local band from Calgary called) Out Come the Wolves Tour 1996 or The Gaslight Anthem April 2009 (with a couple of friends).

Least Fav - only because of the crowd and venue - was Rise Against with The Gaslight Anthem supporting, I was there to see The Gaslight Anthem but most of the crowd was there to see rise against who attract the bonehead crowd. I was still drinking at the time and my buddy and I were in line for beer and some moron came running through and spilled beer all over me.

Last edited:
update on the next gig i was going to,nightwish has been postponed due to covid,again!

First - Ozzy Osbourne 2002, Ozzy could still sing. Zack Wylde is the motherf'n man on a guitar.

Worst - Blink 182 and The Used (NOT my choice to go) 2004. Just not into the music, but it looked like they tried to put on a good show. I had just seen Iron Maiden and Judas Priest like a month or two before, and Rush a month after, and those three shows were superior for so many reasons. Most bands would pale in comparison, but I don't think my opinion would change regardless of when I saw Blink and The Used.

Best - Sars Stock in Toronto - Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Guess Who, Rush, and a bunch of others (The Tea Party and Sam Robert's were way lower on the billing) 2003....but just individual bands, maybe Springsteen at Skydome in 2003

Last - Tool or Foo Fighters in 2019. I can't remember which one was last because Foo Fighters got rescheduled.

Nightwish is great. Wish I could have seen them back in the day.

Still need to see them. I caught on to them during the Annete years, then discovered Tarja...now want to see Floor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back