Confessions of a mittologist

^Theres some very serious Gung Fu practitioners out there. I've been suggesting so for years, it hasn't been met well on internet.

^Theres some very serious Gung Fu practitioners out there. I've been suggesting so for years, it hasn't been met well on internet.

Yeah, on this point, I personally think the answer is somewhat a grey area.

Much like looking at those in Boxing or any fighting art, its about the ......"PRACTITIONER".........!

You can teach techniques all day long to someone or group, but to put it all together and express it in a way that is functional and inspirational to watch is difficult, if the chemistry is not there, they either freeze up and are not able to mentally or physically do what is required in the moment applying the learned technique.

Its also about good genetics and body mechanics (skeletal and muscular) as much as it is mental awareness.

So whats actually missing is that natural talent in the individual that puts it all together and makes it look like magic, someone that can interpret movement, fast, strong, agile technical but stylistically a genius.

Some of the great's are.........
  • Huo Yuanjia
  • Yip Man
  • Bruce Lee
  • Roy Jones Jnr
  • Floyd Mayweather
  • Mike Tyson
.........So on to illustrate the point, the internet is full of people that would like to be but are not, the ones that are just do it and it becomes fact.

There is nothing wrong with any fighting system already founded and proven around the world, but only how its expressed in the individual, that is a hard thing to do.

Not many strive to reach that pedigree or status of an elite fighter, its also hard-work and many hours of repetitive practice.

You got to want it as well and go the distance, these elements are the missing difference between what makes good martial artists.

Last edited:
Back