Confirmed: Mcgregor and Ronda's boxing both about the same level, ask Tyson

Yeah he is tough to rank.. There are HW's in the top 10 I think he beats though.

Like If you have Dempsey top 10 for example style wise Tyson KO's him badly..
I don't know about Joe Louis?
But Ali, Lewis, Holyfield, Wlad, all did beat him or would..

Joe Frazier I don't know? That would be quite a fight..
Well you can only compare fighters to their peers

Hypotheticals don't make sense when ranking all-time greats

Louis has a much better resume than Tyson, even though Tyson would probably knock him out head-to-head

Literally not his fault he was in a weaker era.

Ill take Foreman's word on not wanting to fight Mike and thinking he's one of the best HWs ever than some random on a karate forum.

Did you watch that? Foreman says he could beat Tyson.. That Tyson was short, and his style was made to be hit by him. He basically says he was scared Tyson would bite him. Not that he was scared of his boxing..

If you had any clue about boxing or its history, calling him a top 10 HW would be the ban-worthy opinion

Only faced three HOF caliber fighters in his career, and was finished by two of them.

The lone win he has is over a decrepit Larry Holmes, absolutely laughable.

He's hard to rank because he had a short prime derailed by Prison. It's a tragedy IMO..

Well you can only compare fighters to their peers

Hypotheticals don't make sense when ranking all-time greats

Louis has a much better resume than Tyson, even though Tyson would probably knock him out head-to-head

Yeah I pretty much agree. Just saying guys in the top 10, I would pick Tyson to beat.. And his prime was just short because of so much BS.. Don King really fucked him over, and all that time away in Prison..

He's hard to rank because he had a short prime derailed by Prison. It's a tragedy IMO..
He falls somewhere in the 11-15 range for me

Clearly behind Ali, Louis, Holmes, Foreman, Lewis, Marciano, Frazier, Holyfield

In the same class of fighters such as the Klitschkos, Dempsey, Tunney, Liston etc.

He falls somewhere in the 11-15 range for me

Clearly behind Ali, Louis, Holmes, Foreman, Lewis, Marciano, Frazier, Holyfield

In the same class of fighters such as the Klitschkos, Dempsey, Tunney, Liston etc.

That's fair.. Tyson and Liston had a lot in common... Hugely intimidating, they scared the hell out of people.. But also bullies that did not like to be stood up to..

People forget to factor in that Tyson was a short guy compared to these huge heavyweights. Him destroying guys like he did was impressive. Tyson was a world beater.

Just lol at people buying into Tyson with his 'comback' talk and also hyping up Mcregors boxing.

<Lmaoo>
Dude is broke, but has enough savvy to know how to use his rep to make some dollars and he sees $ signs when he butters up Mcregor and his fans.

He only said that he was coming back to do exhibition fights for charity.

All of this other stuff about him fighting legit contenders in boxing or doing MMA or fighting in BKFC came from parasites who are trying to use him to promote themselves.

...and he ain't broke. He obviously doesn't have the kind of money that he used to, but he's doing fine these days and has many streams of income from his various media/entertainment gigs.

MMA fans are amazing. Cried for years about not getting respect from the boxing establishment. Now, we've got idiots shitting on hall of fame boxers for being diplomatic and saying nice things about MMA fighters.

This is the worst fucking fanbase on the planet.

You realize Lennox Lewis is older than Tyson? It wasnt prison and Tysons boxrec shows it all. Other boxers came back from far worse. Before prison he could have fought better opposition but choose Ruddock which still was a very good win. The Foreman fight fell through because of Tyson.
Ruddock was imo his best. But after prison he either got his clock cleaned or fought very low level fighters on and on. No other top fighter had that many bums.

Tyson wasnt old, he just was never good enough to compete vs. the likes of prime Holy, Lennox, Bowe..etc.
Had Tyson fought guys like Tua, Mercer..etc his record would have been a lot worse.

Reality is that he was pushed like no other fighter in history and had an exciting fighting style. But thats it. I highly respect his technical ablities but He isnt even Top20 HW alltime (which still is a fantastic achievement!)

One thing Tyson fans can talk endlessly is the excuses why he lost.

Literally not his fault he was in a weaker era.

Ill take Foreman's word on not wanting to fight Mike and thinking he's one of the best HWs ever than some random on a karate forum.

Agreed

He made fighters look worse

Ruddock, Tucker, spinks, Thomas and even bruno were not bums

The level of competition was pretty good, it was just Mike was so much better

A decade earlier was the greatest era, so of course historians would say it wasn't as good

Also 80s was the time of great lighter fighters

Benetiz, Ray leonard, Duran, Hearns, Pryor, hagler to name a few

Tyson was a great fighter, but it could have been greater had he stayed on the path he started

You realize Lennox Lewis is older than Tyson? It wasnt prison and Tysons boxrec shows it all. Other boxers came back from far worse. Before prison he could have fought better opposition but choose Ruddock which still was a very good win. The Foreman fight fell through because of Tyson.
Ruddock was imo his best. But after prison he either got his clock cleaned or fought very low level fighters on and on. No other top fighter had that many bums.

Tyson wasnt old, he just was never good enough to compete vs. the likes of prime Holy, Lennox, Bowe..etc.
Had Tyson fought guys like Tua, Mercer..etc his record would have been a lot worse.

Reality is that he was pushed like no other fighter in history and had an exciting fighting style. But thats it. I highly respect his technical ablities but He isnt even Top20 HW alltime (which still is a fantastic achievement!)

One thing Tyson fans can talk endlessly is the excuses why he lost.

Yeah he is tough to rank.. There are HW's in the top 10 I think he beats though.

Like If you have Dempsey top 10 for example style wise Tyson KO's him badly..
I don't know about Joe Louis?
But Ali, Lewis, Holyfield, Wlad, all did beat him or would..

Joe Frazier I don't know? That would be quite a fight..

Not really a Tyson defender. Just think he is tough to Rank because of a short prime, that got wrecked by Don King, Prison, and obviously Tyson himself. However in 87 and 88 he was a fucking beast.. And guys like Dempsey and Rocky I think he wrecks.. In terms of the Tyson level of opposition. Hell Joe Louis at one point what did they say about him? "Bum of the Month Club" So there ya go..

If you had any clue about boxing or its history, calling him a top 10 HW would be the ban-worthy opinion

Only faced three HOF caliber fighters in his career, and was finished by two of them.

The lone win he has is over a decrepit Larry Holmes, absolutely laughable.

Go ahead and produce legit top-10 HW lists that don't include Tyson.

From what I've seen from anyone who is close to the sport, they tend to list him somewhere in the lower half of the top 10.

Explain why you think different mate
Go watch a few of his fights... not everything is as cut and dry as it looks on paper.

yeah theres been 10 guys who have had better overall careers. I still wouldnt put a dime on them against Tyson in 1989.

Tyson never reach his full potential for many reasons. That said, dude still became the youngest heavyweight champion in history. He was beating grown men at 20 years old. Also, he was doing that at 5’10, fighting bigger dudes for the most part. Unfortunately, he couldn’t control his demons and didn’t become what he should’ve. But there’s no denying his skills and those are not overrated. I’ve watched all prominent heavyweights from the Ali era to now. His boxing skills are on par with anyone, but he made a mess of his life.

Yeah, it was how small he was compared to other heavyweights that was really amazing. And he was just destroying them. But if they listed him at 5’10”, he was probably more like 5’9”.

Ill take Foreman's word on not wanting to fight Mike and thinking he's one of the best HWs ever

All these retired boxing celebrities are just fluffing each other during media appearances because they know it's what their uneducated audiences want to hear. There's no way Foreman would have said that if he and Tyson were active at the same time, and he would have most likely destroyed Tyson had they fought prime for prime.

Well add career vs career in youre argument instead of changing the goalpost.

I always thought discounting fighters, because of their era, is pretty dumb. Its not their fault. Its still an accomplishment for Jack Dempsey to finish an opponent who outweighed him by like 45 pounds, for example, or for Tyson to kill nearly everyone he's faced.

Foreman hits harder than Tyson, maybe even Shavers did but Id say Tyson is more accurate and if he finds the button, night night Ali. Remember Tyson was fundamentally one of the best defensive fighters and he got on the inside without taking damage against bigger men, when he was younger, Id sure as shit say he could land a few to sleep Ali.

There is literally no way Mike Tyson sleeps Muhammad Ali.

There’s nothing to suggest that that is in the realms of possibility.

Back