Conjugate Doesn’t Work for Raw Lifters

https://www.elitefts.com/education/12-week-conjugate-program-for-raw-powerlifting/

On week 10 of this now and I can say I’ve made no appreciable gains despite following the program to a T. Switching exercises may make training more fun but when it’s time to ME that lift again, don’t expect a PR. Also all the boards, bands and whistles are dog shit unless you’re equipped. Wholly disappointed in this experience. Sorry I ever betrayed you, Father Wendler. 5/3/1 I’m coming back, baby.
Conjugate can work for raw lifters if you know what you're doing. I ran conjugate for my last meet prep and had pretty good success with it. The chains, bands, and boards also work well if you know how to use them in your training. The biggest mistake I see lifters make is adding the chains and bands when they're not ready for them. You need to be proficient in the sbd before you start messing with accommodating resistance.

In general 5/3/1 is too little volume for an intermediate to advanced lifter.

I’ve had luck running the same block 32 back to back. I’d like to pivot to some bodybuilding though. So I’m trying to figure how to balance those things.
Have you seen garrett blevins skynet ai or the juggernaut ai programs? Around $30 a month and gives check ins/autoregulation. The skynet has a powerbuilding option.

Conjugate can work for raw lifters if you know what you're doing. I ran conjugate for my last meet prep and had pretty good success with it. The chains, bands, and boards also work well if you know how to use them in your training. The biggest mistake I see lifters make is adding the chains and bands when they're not ready for them. You need to be proficient in the sbd before you start messing with accommodating resistance.

In general 5/3/1 is too little volume for an intermediate to advanced lifter.
I was following someone else’s program rather than writing my own. He addressed his sticking points which could have been the opposite of my own for all I know.

Back