Conor does have a claim at FW GOAT

Undefeated as UFC FW
Defeated Aldo
Defeated Holloway

Not a Conor fan, but hard to argue he has the credentials at FW
I’m a Conor fan but now a bigger Holloway fan. I have to say that his win against Holloway isn’t worth much today. Not only was that a long time ago when both fighters weren’t what they are today, but both had injuries and Conor wrestle fucked a boring decision. Suffice to say that fight would go much differently, and one thing for sure is that Conor wouldn’t be able to take max down.

Lol. Poirier wasn't even close to being a "big name" when Conor beat him. He was coming off wins against two bum TUF alums. And who were the "2 big names" aside from Aldo?
  • Mendes? Nah, he was one of Aldo's opponents so you already called him "subpar".
  • Max when he wasn't even CLOSE to being a "big name" and was off a loss to Dennis Bermudez? Nah.
  • Denis Siver? Lol.
The irony is I AM a Conor fan. He's my second favourite fighter to watch after Jon Jones. My third is Max Holloway.

That doesn't mean I can't recognize a shite argument against the insanely impressive career of the CLEAR FW GOAT Jose Aldo when I see one.
Agreed , body of work would qualify Aldo as goat

Conor is the better fighter but becuase lack of body of work would make him disqualified , hall of famer though

gVbRtra.gif

No shit Sherlock. Aldo was the number 1 FW in the world for 6 years and defended his belt 9 times.

Edit: I miss-read the OP, no, Conor isn't the FW GOAT, he doesn't have the wins or longevity to be a divisional GOAT.

Last edited:
The best version of Conor at 145 did beat a "not in prime but not terribly faded" Aldo, and a young version of Conor beat a young (albeit, very young) version of Holloway. I think it's difficult to argue that he wouldn't have a *reasonable* chance at beating Max even now, in terms of style matchups in 2019.

He's obviously not close by *resume*, but in terms of who would beat who...he has an argument.

2013-2014 Conor is either a FW contender or champ right now. rookie Holloway had nothing for him, maybe he'd have something for him now.

But 2016+ prime Conor > Champ Max
Stop posting

and 2 thing makes a fighter more GOAT than title defenses :

1. 2 division champ
2. moving over to boxing and making 100+ million against p4p best boxer

hard to defend your little guy belt when you move up a weight class and then take that belt too and then move over to boxing and fight the p4p best of all time and make 100's of millions.... yeah he should of stayed in the UFC and defended his FW belt instead lol
Manlet Conor fan detected

Im a conor fan but come on. The dude won the belt and then went on vacation and held the division up.

Him getting stripped was well deserved. I hate when champs dont defend.

Undefeated as UFC FW
Defeated Aldo
Defeated Holloway

Not a Conor fan, but hard to argue he has the credentials at FW

He beat a young Holloway who was not exactly highly ranked at the time.

Not much claim at all. Especially given the nature of his title "reign."

Nope

Gotta defend the title if you want to be GOAT at any weight class.

The thing about defending your title, it proves you are the best as you can no longer choose your fights (as you may have on your way to the title)

Forget about 50 year old Siver, 2 week Mendes, you get that belt and you're fighting whoever is next. This is why GSP is so revered. So many defences, all losses avenged in a dominant fashion.

Conor is more like the JDS of FW. Won the belt then thats it.

Hahaha idiots arguing semantics. "But he has zero title defence. But but... no he didnt defend."

He beat your boy, and moved on to bigger and better things. Accept the truth. LOL.

He doesnt need to defend shit. He beat both max and aldo, on his way to the top. He doesnt need to stay there, he proved his point and left. But you guys are still harping on semantics. If Aldo or Holloway wants to avenge their losses, easy, move up.

If Khabib had the gonads, he would move up a weight class. No one is going to argue if he is or is not the best LW, because on his way up, he was undefeated. And if he moves up to welterweight and loses, are you going to question his LW efforts and accolades? Of course not.
d12b54479d5db99d76bb840f018b054d_crop_exact.jpg BBO2C5J.jpg

Come on man one of those defenses was against Dom Cruz, a great fighter sure, but not a true featherweight. Don't be salty McGregor had a better career. Compare mutual opponents and it's pretty clear Conor is the superior fighter.

Except that ain't how GOAT talk has ever worked. We're talking totally different eras and new generation of fighters have lots more opportunities and examples to learn from compared to past fighters. You can't just plop Conor today in the featherweight division a decade ago with all the advancements in modern training and say how he'd do. Without guys like Faber putting the division on the map McGregor wouldn't even have the chance to become what he is. He'd still be fighting at cage rage or rage wars or whatever donkey show he used to fight at while on the dole.

Now, you throw him back in time fifteen years or so as a kid such that he has to learn fighting in the same primitive era as Faber did and see how good he gets because my money is on a one round sub by the California kid in that scenario.

See, you just haven't considered enough variables. Lack of imagination, but that's okay cause I'm here to help you out. When yiu talk GOAT you have to look at how a fighter did compared to the level of the competition at the time they were fighting. Nobody asks themselves if Ali would beat Tyson or Rocky before calling him HW GOAT, they look at what the man did in his own time. Faber dominated the division for years. Conor didn't. Nothing is going to change that.

Yeah he got Aldo and a green max

But never defended the title, never gave Jose his rematch that he deserved

And the road that title was about as easy as the UFC could have made it.

yes, they are stupid, they get lazy and aren't cautious like when they began. There are many ways to cheat. Is someone that injects his one Blood a cheater? A normal human has like 6 L blood, what if you injekt 1 Liter more... you can cary faster blood to your Muskels, your Muskels have more blood, so you are stronger... Who knows what Champions are doing to be way above a mortal human.
Its for sure not just training.
It's called blood doping and yes it is illegal and can be tested for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back