Conor has become underrated and it will help his comeback

2015 - champion
2016 - double champion
2017 - boxed the best boxer of all time and won several rounds unlike many actual pure boxers
2018 - lost a bout in the jocksniffing championships only because of his loyalty to his bum gym
2019 - pursued a rematch but his opponent went running, decided to finally move on
2020 - McGregor era returns

Cup the balls. Work the shaft.

I’m not a huge Conor fan but man that guy will fight anyone. Even if he loses. He wants to fight.

2015 - champion
2016 - double champion
2017 - boxed the best boxer of all time and won several rounds unlike many actual pure boxers
2018 - lost a bout in the jocksniffing championships only because of his loyalty to his bum gym
2019 - pursued a rematch but his opponent went running, decided to finally move on
2020 - McGregor era returns

Hilarious. Conor, Mike Perry and Colby got absolutely fucking destroyed in their last fights...
Don't kill yourself, dumbass.

Conor got figured out. Hes done at the top. He has a chance with Cowboy because Cowboy is a drunkard. The elite will push his shit in just as hard as Floyd and Khabib did.

He put himself on the shelf in the most vicious game in the world, maybe he can come back

but everyone else has been grinding while he’s been doing blow and fighting old men at the bar, doesn’t really bode well usually

Also people are seriously sleeping on Cowboy. I mean sure he's coming off two losses, but it's not like he lost to bums. He lost to the the number 2 Lightweight world just behind the champ, Tony, and arguably the hardest hitter at Lightweight Justin Gaethje. Cowboy is still a beast, and don't forget the fight will be at 170. So Cowboy won't be cutting as much weight as he does when he fights at 155.
This is a really tough fight for Conor, and anyone who doesn't think it is are seriously disrespecting Cowboy.

Saying Conor is underrated is like Saying Peyton Manning is underrated if he came back to the NFL today. They both used to be great, but 2016 was the last year either of them accomplished anything of significance.

There is no recent evidence to under or over rate Conor.

Conor lost one fight against the worst possible matchup when he was like 29, Manning aged out of the league and retired after a long career. Not comparable at all.

Conor is 31 and facing a chinny journeyman who folds in big fights. It doesn’t get much more gimme than this. I have no idea how a guy losing a fight against khabib and losing in a different sport against the best ever makes people think he’s washed up.

He is a .500 fighter since he left FW. That is a FACT. And I am pretty damn sure that he isn't dropping back down since he is even avoiding the cut to LW now.

But I fully expect him to beat Cowboy. Call it like it is. He chose to fight a 36 (almost 37) year old fighter coming off of 2 straight TKO losses instead of the guy who just TKOed Cowboy and who is riding a 3 fight streak of 1st round TKO/KO finishes.

this is a make it or break it fight for conor.
if he demolishes cowboy in the 1st round, makes a good story about how he has found himself again and get the hype train in full motion again the sky is the limit for his next fight.
anything else and his stock will keep on declining.

Disclaimer: I don't like Conor's actions outside of the octagon. He has made big mistakes and the bus incident was disgraceful.

Conor is one of the most talented MMA fighters ever in the cage. His rise to popularity brought out the worst in people and many couldn't wait to see his fall. Anytime someone does something great, others crave the fall. Conor only seeded these resentments with his bullshit outside the cage. Jon Jones is similar, however Jon hasn't lost yet.

Conor is a little crazier than Jon though and less strategic with his opponent choices. Conor has fought at three different weight classes at this point and though Dana constantly lies, he is right that Conor will fight anyone. Jon has been much more strategic which may has benefited him. Jon is no bitch though and fighting guys like Thiago and Cormier proves that, but his reluctance to go up to heavyweight has GSP vibes (I'm Canadian but I know GSP cherry picked a ton).

Conor will always win some and lose some but he always delivers and I think the fact now that people think he is washed up, money drunk, or not as hungry as he used to be will only work to his favor. Cowboy knows that he is in for a hell of a fight and that's why I think this will be a competitive match but McGregor is the better striker and Cowboy has the advantage on the ground.

Khabib is the only person to really pose serious problems to Conor. Inb4 Nate Choke Gif.

This thread is in response to all the threads talking about Conor like he is some kind of burnout/trash fighter when that is just not the case. Do you agree that he is one of the best fighters in the cage out there or do you genuinely believe he is a bad fighter an washed up? So many scrubs are hating on him right now while it's easy.
it's not if fans underrate him that matters, it's how he himself takes the fight seriously

I'm sorry but one thread on this matchup doesn't convince me that he hasn't had legions of haters like any successful person in the history of forever. I also don't use sherdog as my only source of data and analysis. Cowboy is capable of winning the fight because on a good day, he is also one of the best standup fighters in the game and has strong BJJ as well. All I'm saying is people should analyze fighters based on their technique and composure inside the cage and disregard everything else. not "OMG blah blah blah"
You are completely missing the point.

He has legions of haters and also legions of nut huggers.

The point is that part of the reason for the extreme hate is a backlash against the ridiculous level his superfans took it to.

I mean, there were people who actually thought he was going to knock out boxing's greatest of all time in his pro boxing debut. It got that out of control.

He is a .500 fighter since he left FW. That is a FACT. And I am pretty damn sure that he isn't dropping back down since he is even avoiding the cut to LW now.

But I fully expect him to beat Cowboy. Call it like it is. He chose to fight a 36 (almost 37) year old fighter coming off of 2 straight TKO losses instead of the guy who just TKOed Cowboy and who is riding a 3 fight streak of 1st round TKO/KO finishes.
2-1 in title fights.

He's not the best LW right now, but he's also not a ".500 fighter". At worst he's in the next group behind Khabib & Tony.

Conor lost one fight against the worst possible matchup when he was like 29, Manning aged out of the league and retired after a long career. Not comparable at all.

Conor is 31 and facing a chinny journeyman who folds in big fights. It doesn’t get much more gimme than this. I have no idea how a guy losing a fight against khabib and losing in a different sport against the best ever makes people think he’s washed up.

Peyton retired after winning the Superbowl. Though he looked like shit doing it. There are a couple Quarterbacks in the NFL within a couple years of Peytons current age doing just fine.

I do not think anyone is saying he is washed up. But he should not be ranked. The last time he won a fight in MMA was in 2016. That was over 3 years ago. Name one other fighter that would still be ranked in the UFC having not won a fight in 3 over years.

The fact is there is no evidence to rate him as a fighter today. He last fought in MMA 13 months ago and was prison raped. His last win was 2 years before that. The Mayweather fight means nothing. Floyd carried him and toyed with him.

I will assess him as a fighter when he gives me something to assess.

You've just compared Conor to Jon Jones?

<30>
<JonesDXSuckIt>

I mean, Jones won 4 title fights since Conor's last win... and that's after he defended his title 8 times in succession...

Back