Conor McGregor decimates the Nurmagomedov family on Twitter

That's fair.

Now, again, I'm not trying to shine any light away from the Russian bullshit. I only jumped in on you cuz something in the argument of opinion just had a bit of fact that needed to be corrected or clarified (the same way I've jumped in on Mark and D1, the notoriously awful posters they are). Between you and GSG, I'm on the side of being incredibly suspicious of Russian athletes, and every claim needs a microscope and fine comb to work through the details, but otherwise, y'all are arguing opinion points on fair levels of suspicion, and that, I'm not gonna speak on shit I don't know, like Zuba and Ruslan's case. I only know 2 things, a lot of Islam's case, and that none of the positives were quote, unquote, steroids.

I'm one of the "cheaters should face permanent bans" crowd, but in the system we're already in, broken as hell it may be, the only reason I feel necessary to draw the distinction between steroids, an obvious no-no, vs some other substances is when those substances can, even if probably rampantly abused as a loophole, be for medication purposes. So when there was another argument someone made about innocuous shit like adderall or ritalin getting the same kinds of punishment that Usman is getting, so we can draw parallels to guess the kind of 'permissible' tier of substance he popped for, jumping to steroids there is probably off the reservation.

Cool?
We are cool, but I'm not going to play games regarding the whole PED/Steroid semantics.

If we're being technical, SARMs are not steroids. So none of them took steroids. But regardless this entire argument is fucking stupid.
I agree. It is.

Why are we still giving this loser attention?
maybe because in his prime he was a 2 division champ
hes a showman
a comedian
an actor
an entertainer
a MILLIONAIRE

and speaks some truth that enrages the nurmagomedov fanboys?

hes a comedian at this moment
seriously dont tell me u didnt laughed when he announced
in new years day his next fight
we all love to be entertained

This whataboutism is irrelevant though, steroids or just regular old PEDs, that whole camp is cheating on the regular, and thats what you and others in this thread are trying to obfuscate.

That statement invalidates whatever it is you have been constantly claiming to saying or not say depending on what suited you at the moment. You spent so much time splitting hairs on who is playing semantic games only to expose yourself with a completely unfounded blanket statement declaring a whole camp as cheaters that you couldn't possibly support with any degree of reasonable proof. I would love to hear what "whole camp" you are actually talking about considering the Nurmagomedov's are very well know to be part of the AKA training camp which is a pretty wide net to be casting.

Can you also please stop repeating the word obfuscate? It is extremely annoying and only makes you sound more stupid, thanks.

That statement invalidates whatever it is you have been constantly claiming to saying or not say depending on what suited you at the moment. You spent so much time splitting hairs on who is playing semantic games only to expose yourself with a completely unfounded blanket statement declaring a whole camp as cheaters that you couldn't possibly support with any degree of reasonable proof. I would love to hear what "whole camp" you are actually talking about considering the Nurmagomedov's are very well know to be part of the AKA training camp which is a pretty wide net to be casting.

Can you also please stop repeating the word obfuscate? It is extremely annoying and only makes you sound more stupid, thanks.
<YeahOKJen>

Go obfuscate yourself

At this point, I am truly interested to what Islam's "heart condition" was. Also a bit strange as I never heard of him not being cleared to compete and I imagine if you have heart conditions, you can't possibly be cleared to compete.

Did they not have to cut him open for said surgery? I don't see any scars to indicate as such
Stefan Struve and Dan Hardy had absolutely major issues trying to fight with their heart conditions. Between medical clearances being pulled, fights being pulled last minute when issues arose literally in the dressing room, and retirements, they were enormously affected.

Meanwhile Islam has his surgery and fights 5 months later and then again 5 months later without any issue.

I'm sure it's just a total coincidence though that it was only a month after that 2nd fight since his surgery, which was his KO loss to Adriano, that his doctor suddenly prescribed him a PED a full year after his surgery as a "preventative measure". That he's never needed for the next 9 years.

Sure is a whole lotta coincidental timing in this whole saga!

Stefan Struve and Dan Hardy had absolutely major issues trying to fight with their heart conditions. Between medical clearances being pulled, fights being pulled last minute when issues arose literally in the dressing room, and retirements, they were enormously affected.

Meanwhile Islam has his surgery and fights 5 months later and then again 5 months later without any issue.

I'm sure it's just a total coincidence though that it was only a month after that 2nd fight since his surgery, which was his KO loss to Adriano, that his doctor suddenly prescribed him a PED a full year after his surgery as a "preventative measure". That he's never needed for the next 9 years.

Coincidence too, that exactly the surgery what he needed, is a laser ablation, minimally-invasive procedure done via catheter, that virtually leaves no scar. It is almost imposseble to tell if the procedure is actually done or not. Quite a coincidence!

"caught on steroids while fighting"... interesting use of the words Mr Mcgregor. Almost like he was implying something about himself lol

For the record, I think it's a valid point he's making about them. RUSADA and Icarus bless those Russian fighters.

That’s a good point my man, I didn’t notice that specific language

He isn't offering an opinion. Its a fact that 4 members of Eagles MMA have popped for various PEDs.

Conor taking PEDs himself is irrelevant. Benoit Saint Denis has also called out that camp for the exact same thing if it means anything to you.

Only a fool dismisses a message outright because they dislike the messenger. A hypocrite can still be correct.
I don't need Conor as my source of information for what occurs inside of Khabib's gym. There are more viable, credible and adequate sources of information than Conor on this particular subject.

If you feel that it is absolutely impossible to attain any bit of accurate information regarding Eagles MMA or any associates without Conor informing you, then by all means, consume away.

Anyone who believe the heart surgery excuse is seriously extremely gullible.

I don't need Conor as my source of information for what occurs inside of Khabib's gym. There are more viable, credible and adequate sources of information than Conor on this particular subject.

If you feel that it is absolutely impossible to attain any bit of accurate information regarding Eagles MMA or any associates without Conor informing you, then by all means, consume away.
Eagles MMA and AKA, what a perfect match

Anyone who believe the heart surgery excuse is seriously extremely gullible.
It does seem like a bunch of convenient bologna.
Islam's heart condition was so severe it prevented him from competing in the 2014 Sambo World Championships in November 2014.

It however did not stop him from signing with the UFC in October 2014.

We all know the real tough guys prove it on twitter, not in the cage.

"caught on steroids while fighting"... interesting use of the words Mr Mcgregor. Almost like he was implying something about himself lol

For the record, I think it's a valid point he's making about them. RUSADA and Icarus bless those Russian fighters.
There's nothing wrong or illegal about taking testosterone when not in the testing pool.

Back