Media Conor McGregor drops his TUF-student in sparring

Does Conor McGregor look sharp?

• Total voters
That guy looked slow and only threw jabs. Not to say Conor didn't look nice but the other guy was basically a sitting duck who offered nothing back.

He explained that it was the start of a light sparring, him throwing a few light jabs to get into it.
Conor had different ideas though, he attacks all his students on tuf, to look strong on tv.
To be fair, Conors body kick didn't look too mean though. He just pierced him good with his toes.

I find it both funny and ironic that Conor dissed Lightweights for being "stuck in the mud" and now he is a plodding, peg legged, one dimensional, predictable, hope for a Haymaker mma boxer.

More than ever to be fair. I am doubting they put Titanium in his leg as it is lighter than bone.

I should hope a former champ could outspar a rookie

I mean sparring is sparring and that’s against a regional fighter that was quickly beaten by Jason Knight. Nothing impressive here.

Can't believe Conor dropped Don "Bones" Jones. He's going to come back and clean out every division and be the first 5 Division Champ.

Well in fairness that person looked awful in the QF later that night against Jason Knight

He was probably acting to boost Conor's morale

Later that night ? He sparred and took a lover shot and competed the same day ? What happened to resting. Oh you probably mean in the same episode

One time when I was coaching high school lacrosse, I hit a kid with a wrap check which accidentally deflected off his stick and hit his knee and he went down, crying.
I thought I might have broken his knee cap.

Kid just ain't on my level.

I'm built different.

<{natewhut}>
Lol, I've never watched lacrosse and have no idea what a wrap check is. Lol, it's cool that you coached though. We only had "normal" sports at my highschool. :p

He has to be an inside fighter and don't head hunt with single punches,because these top guys aren't running into his left now, unless he brings pressure

Conor is so uncomfortable fighting on the inside. Floyd exposed it and Dustin showed it can be done in MMA too. He is far too old to switch to the thing that he is most uncomfortable doing on the feet.

SOrry, I don't know (or care) if this is a hate thread or a love one...

But this was the beginning of a sparring session and Conor is throwing power punches.
He kicked the guy and the guy falls (as you do in training).
Conor does not release the pressure, and makes the guy recover while hurt (which is important part you gotta learn somehow).

The point here is simple: this is fucking training... and no one can draw ANY conclusion over these few minutes, because if you ever practiced, you will understand this.
You really need to use so many words to say absolutely nothing just to hear yourself speak?

Lol, I've never watched lacrosse and have no idea what a wrap check is. Lol, it's cool that you coached though. We only had "normal" sports at my highschool. :p

Lacrosse is fun as hell to play.
I played just about all the Sports at some point and lacrosse was the most fun to play for me.

Fun to coach too, I used to do asymetrical formations and motion offense and formation shifting offense that would give teams Fitz.

The check thing actually happened and I felt terrible. It was a Saturday and if we didn't have a game on Saturday sometimes I would get on the field for a pickup game style scrimmage.

I threw the check, totally legal check but it deflected off the kids stick to his kneecap. Poor little guy was in pain. I legitimately thought i had broken his kneecap due to how bad he was crying and how long he was down.

Thankfully he was ok but it freaked me out and i dont think i scrimmaged with them much aftef that or if I did i was super duper cafeful. Honestly i was already really careful, I never body checked anyone just stayed on the outside and tried to feed passes to build kids confidence.

I find it both funny and ironic that Conor dissed Lightweights for being "stuck in the mud" and now he is a plodding, peg legged, one dimensional, predictable, hope for a Haymaker mma boxer.
I feel the exact same way but this is based on his last two outing vs Poirier, the last one he looked a bit better but still leaps away from the style that got him two titles.

Beast mode activated

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

I mean if he can bring his frame with him to LW, he'll probably have a better chance. I just can't see him doing anything to real WW's. Conor was best when he was fast and light on his feet. His new slow and powerful style better work if he's trying to turn into a power puncher only.

He's never done anything to real LWs for that matter except Eddie.

Yeah, I think he probably still has knee issues or whatever happened before and decided to just be a power boxer. We don't usually see people recover from those leg injuries well in MMA either. Odds aren't great for a return to form. Unless behind the scenes Conor is allowed whatever chemical he needs then maybe we can see something.

I think he had to change his style for Floyd, mixed in with his old style being more cardio gassing so he stuck with more of a boxing stance approach

This guy made Jason Knight look like a world-beater later in the same episode so I don't really know what to draw from this in the grand scheme of things.

Back