• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Conor McGregor is a MASSIVE featherweight

Conor dehydrates himself to near death so he can fight "little men".

He did look awful at the Siver weigh-in, though. Win or lose in July, I don't think he can stay at 145 for too much longer.

This. If he wins I can't see him defending the belt more than twice before moving up. I think he'll answer the "wrestler question" though. It's a pity because Swanson, Lamas and Mendes would all have a great buildup.

LOL @ Bushido spirit.

Half of the talent pool in this sport is comprised of ex-high school and college wrestlers who are looking for a paycheck. Most of the other half is made up of tattooed, dyed mohawk wearing douchebags who like to beat people up when they're drunk.

"Honor" and all of that bullshit Eastern mysticism that was infused into American culture from decades of bad martial arts movies have absolutely nothing to do with the average MMAist's motivation for fighting.

Guys are in this to maximize their chances of getting consistent paychecks. If that means cutting down a weight class, they're going to do it.

Well said.

about the same height and same reach as Dan Henderson.

clearly they should fight right TS

I dunno. He's super skinny. He was much taller than Siver but Siver is built like a tank and fought at 155. I think there are a lot of big guys at the top of 145.

A beast among manlets

10809786_578526862276723_450513301_n.jpg

Conor is wearing heels.

It's the way the game is going. New weight-cutting regimes make every generation bigger than the one before. McGregor at 145 is bigger than top lw's of yesteryear like Pulver ever were. Same with Rory Mac now and Matt Hughes back then. Same with Jones and Gustafsson as opposed to Wanderlei and Rampage in the mid 00s. Imagine Weidman, Rockhold and Francis Carmont standing next to Evan Tanner. Crazy.

The craziest thing is still Anthony Johnson fighting at WW.

It's embarrassing that someone has to cut 30 lbs to make a weight class. I have a feeling fighters do this because because they don't believe in themselves at their real weight class. He belongs at LW, but he wants that power advantage at FW.

He's easily, EASILY, the biggest FW in the division and probably in the history of the sport.

When McGregor KOs Aldo and this will be the excuse people make they both cut from 170 lbs!

Other featherweights

Dustin Poirier - 5'9
Max Holloway - 5'11
Cole Miller 6'1

Conor goes thru hell to make 145. Lets see him fight in his natural weight class against equal sized fighters.

Conor mcgregor 5.9
Pettis 5.10
Rafael dos santos 5.9
Benson Henderson 5.9
Gilbert Melendez 5.9
Khabib Nurmagomedov 5.10
Michael Johnson 5.10

Conor has a Great ass at featherweight
I wonder how it will look at lightweight
Best ass in the division

He did look awful at the Siver weigh-in, though. Win or lose in July, I don't think he can stay at 145 for too much longer.

This. I don't think he likes the cut. Win or lose, he goes up to 155 soon.

Conor goes thru hell to make 145. Lets see him fight in his natural weight class against equal sized fighters.

Conor mcgregor 5.9
Pettis 5.10
Rafael dos santos 5.9
Benson Henderson 5.9
Gilbert Melendez 5.9
Khabib Nurmagomedov 5.10
Michael Johnson 5.10

The thing is that height advantage doesn't increase your chance of winning a fight, if you look at the statistics. Reach advantage does, however.

Reach isn't gonna mean shit when he is planted on his back Aldo will Hominick him and put him away on the ground

Conor wears lifts in his shoes, he has bad little man syndrome. He shops for shoes with Tom Cruise.

Back