Media Conor McGregor & Jake Gyllenhaal in ROAD HOUSE

Is he even acting?

• Total voters
Looks shit. Such an iconic classic (yes cheesy and silly but still a classic) shouldn't be remade.

Doug Liman usually makes fun movies. I might give it a shot

Looks ok by todays standards. Kinda cliche with the rich guy tryin to "take" the road house away. And conor seems to over act, judging by the trailer at least.

Looks like good fun & worth a watch.

Hopefully Conor's "over-acting" comes off more naturally in teh context of teh movie.

Why did Jake Gyllenhaal agree to do this? He's a legit actor.

I'm assuming the script looked better than the final product. That happens a lot.

This was originally supposed to be a theatrical release, but they decided to dump it on Prime. Probably because they knew that it would bomb.

Doug Liman, the director, is refusing to do press or show up for the premiere because he's mad about it going straight to streaming.

The whole thing sounds like a clusterfuck.

Hollywood remakes everything and 95% of the time its a bad idea. We'll see how much Jake carries this film. Conor looks like a fuckin goofball in the trailer but maybe thats just accurate casting.

Jake's nose is too straight to be playing a fighter.

Did they make Conor do an 8 ball before every scene? Just by those few clips I can already tell he will be the worst part of the movie. The best part of the original is Jimmy Reno barely talked the whole movie that’s what gave him that “badass” aura and made the end fight scene so fulfilling.

I do think Jake can fill Swayzes shoes pretty well in this, it’s free on Amazon anyways so might as well give it a watch.

Back