Media Conor McGregor & Jake Gyllenhaal in ROAD HOUSE

Is he even acting?

• Total voters
Yeah but is nothing against Conor. You cast the right guy for the right role.
He is far from the technical acting abilities of GSP is what I was saying. GSP has been taking acting for a long time.

that sucks for jake. now he is going to be overpowered by Conor's mesmerizing screen presence and will be relegated to B-side flicks, while Conor steals his spotlight.

Conor McGregor could play the lead in a GTA movie.

Probably not gonna watch it, but good for him. Happy to see fighters have a career outside of fighting (regardless of who it is).
Good point, sportsmen's post pro career can be a real challenge, a lot of them have no other actual skill to sell (much more so in big established pro sports where guys sacrifice their youth for a career), and even if they earned enough money : stopping competition, the sudden lack of attention, it can be really depressing for some.

I just saw the trailer for it earlier tonight. Conor can't even get through 5 seconds of his lines without gassing out.

He did fine. Far be it from me to tell people not to bag on Conor,but he did a good job there.

Motherfucker has stage presence, knows how to play a heel, and he's already a drama queen.

Conor might be the greatest actor mma has ever produced.

Doesn't hurt that they're playing to his strengths though.

Director: "I need you to be a douche and assault people in bars and on boats."

Conor: "hold my nose beers"

But hey, the girl who played Ratcatcher 2 is lookin good.

Last edited:
lol he does in the movie the same things he does in real life

dont even need to act

Well, I already don't watch reboots because it's a lazy, obvious cash-grab that pays disrespect to everyone involved in the original. They at least had the creativity to make something original.

So it won't be particularly hard for me to not watch this obvious cash-grab of an abomination. They literally hired a guy who is on a losing streak. Because he's got twitter followers. Fuck that.

Well, I already don't watch reboots because it's a lazy, obvious cash-grab that pays disrespect to everyone involved in the original. They at least had the creativity to make something original.

So it won't be particularly hard for me to not watch this obvious cash-grab of an abomination. They literally hired a guy who is on a losing streak. Because he's got twitter followers. Fuck that.
Edgy take bro.

Road House images reveal the first look at Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor in the upcoming remake. Released in 1989, the original Road House movie starred the late Patrick Swayze as a tough bouncer named James Dalton who is hired to tame a dirty bar called the Double Deuce in Jasper, Missouri. Talk of the cult classic action film being remade has been going on for years with multiple directors and stars attached. Real progress came in November 2021 when Gyllenhaal was cast to lead a Road House reboot with McGregor, a former UFC champion making his acting debut, joining later.

The Road House remake follows not McGregor, but Gyllenhaal as a former UFC fighter who accepts a job as a bouncer at a rough-and-tumble roadhouse in the Florida Keys. Upon getting started, he quickly discovers the tropical paradise is not everything it seems to be. It's unknown who McGregor will be playing, though he will reportedly not be appearing as himself and will instead be playing a fictional character. Based on this first look at the Road House remake, it appears Gyllenhaal and McGregor have bulked up considerably for their roles.

jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor-in-road-house-official-images-v0-7q4e2wuogoba1.jpg

road-house-conor-mcgregor-2.jpeg

road-house-conor-mcgregor-1.jpeg

road-house-jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor-1.jpeg

road-house-remake-jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor-header.jpeg

https://screenrant.com/road-house-remake-images-jake-gyllenhaal-conor-mcgregor/
This explains why Conor has gotten huge recently.
Should be doing Brokeback Mountain II instead. Nobody believes conor s tough guy shtick anymore.

Back