Media Conor McGregor responds to Khabib's comments: 'What's he gonna do? He's not throwing leg kicks'

haha he is answering like this never happenend ;
Khabib will do this again or worse
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Conor needs that size advantage. He is a mediocre fighter when fighting guys his size.

it is what it is..

I wonder what conors financial situation is like. Earnt big but the man likes to spend and he is instantly desperate for.that khabib rematch for a pay day

oh poor boy , did Conor hurt your feelings ?

I cant beleive my eyes , this is you telling Conor that !!!

Can’t believe I’m saying this but......

Khabib did shit on bus

but

Conor SHIT IN CAGE. He’s done.

What i think you fail to understand is that Conor's rebuilt himself to beat Khabib.

He might gas and lose still sure. It's still Khabib. Skill set wise though I have no doubt that he's built himself into that man.

The calf kick is a whole new thing. It's a change in the game that Conor had no answer for.

That is what we saw tonight.
So what you're saying is Conor, the life long striker who's put in 2 fight camps to face 2 strikers since the Khabib fight, has only been focusing on "building himself into the man to beat Khabib" and suddenly forgot leg kicks exist? Lol.

What I think you fail to understand is now that Conor has no choice but to be humble and abandon the mental warfare part of his game that allowed him to get guys like Dustin, Aldo and Eddie to fight emotionally and out of their normal element he's being exposed for what he's always been.

Conor is a talented, but not at all exceptional fighter who was able to use his antics out of the cage, (which is a skill in itself, don't get me wrong), to make the most out of opportunity's that he didn't really have to earn the way everybody else has to.

Conor is the greatest opportunist the sport has ever seen, which, to his credit, is commendable, but he is not an all time great fighter.

He isn't "building himself" to beat Khabib and can spend the next decade focused solely on training just for Khabib and still have no chance, especially if the version of Khabib that fought Justin shows up.

Conor is 3-3 above FW with 2 finishes and has been finished in all 3 of those losses, I think at this point it's safe to say he's not the unstoppable force his fans desperately want to believe he is nor is that mythical left hand the deadly weapon you guy's want to believe it is.

Khabib doesn't need leg kicks, he has the best wrestling in the division. And this fight proved he would just take Conor down again. Khabib is just a nightmare matchup for even the best version of Conor.

So what you're saying is Conor, the life long striker who's put in 2 fight camps to face 2 strikers since the Khabib fight, has only been focusing on "building himself into the man to beat Khabib" and suddenly forgot leg kicks exist? Lol.

What I think you fail to understand is now that Conor has no choice but to be humble and abandon the mental warfare part of his game that allowed him to get guys like Dustin, Aldo and Eddie to fight emotionally and out of their normal element he's being exposed for what he's always been.

Conor is a talented, but not at all exceptional fighter who was able to use his antics out of the cage, (which is a skill in itself, don't get me wrong), to make the most out of opportunity's that he didn't really have to earn the way everybody else has to.

Conor is the greatest opportunist the sport has ever seen, which, to his credit, is commendable, but he is not an all time great fighter.

He isn't "building himself" to beat Khabib and can spend the next decade focused solely on training just for Khabib and still have no chance, especially if the version of Khabib that fought Justin shows up.

Conor is 3-3 above FW with 2 finishes and has been finished in all 3 of those losses, I think at this point it's safe to say he's not the unstoppable force his fans desperately want to believe he is nor is that mythical left hand the deadly weapon you guy's want to believe it is.
I think he would have lost to aldo if he hadn't got aldo all emotional and if aldo would have commited to leg kicks

At least conor gave a rematch to someone he already beat instead of acting like he's so far ahead of Dustin that Dustin doesn't interest him. Apparently khabib is above everyone else and rematches are beneath him. I rarely side with conor, and his comments about khabib not leg kicking are stupid, but he has a point when he asked "what's khabib going to do? Is he going to come and fight or not?"

The answer seems to be no, so.....

The only reason Conor gave the rematch to Dustin is that he was confident he was going to win...

Conor never bothered to give Aldo a rematch, a man who more than deserved another shot after a nine-year reign.

Now Conor is all about rematches, because he has to do anything to win back his luster from the people who beat him, otherwise, he liked RUNNING away with a win. Khabib is making Conor wait in line for a fight, which is basically what everyone outside Conor, must do, to get a title shot.

That was his best style, he just needs to not spam the jump kicks and spin kicks. Now he is just too predictable and is always in range for the counter or combinations. He's also way slower from his focus on muscle and bulking up. He didn't work on his speed and explosiveness as he worked on his muscle mass.

Disagree, if Conor went back to his old style, he'd gas himself out against decent opposition. His spinning shite and jump kicks worked because people didn't have the book on him, now everyone knows about his left-hand dominant style, his naturally poor tank, his boxing dependent pathway to victory, and will not fall for his antics.

Conor lost tonight because he is not well-rounded enough to beat Dustin, in other words, Conor's MMA toolbox isn't as large and all the spinning and flashy stuff won't work as it did when he was new, and still a mystery.

I think he would have lost to aldo if he hadn't got aldo all emotional and if aldo would have commited to leg kicks
I think there's a very good chance of that too, hence no immediate rematch as was promised.

I've watched Aldo since his WEC debut and have never seen him throw a lunging punch like that before. He closed his eyes and launched into a punch leaving his feet behind him over extended and completely off balance.

A guy as skilled and experienced as Aldo doesn't throw a punch that sloppily unless he's in a blind rage and focused solely on taking someone's head off as quickly and violently as possible.

The real tragedy is he actually somehow landed it and had it landed 3" lower there's a good chance we end up with the most legendary double KO in MMA history.

I can't say for sure Aldo in his normal mindset wins for sure, Conor is a great counter puncher with excellent timing so he could land a big shot but if Aldo is in position and see's it coming he likely absorbs a few and picks Conor apart with his overall better pure striking game or incorporates his vastly superior grappling game into it.

If I'm being honest had Conor given Aldo his rematch and beat him again proving the first fight wasn't an anomaly I wouldn't dislike the guy nearly as much as I do, lol.

Disagree, if Conor went back to his old style, he'd gas himself out against decent opposition. His spinning shite and jump kicks worked because people didn't have the book on him, now everyone knows about his left-hand dominant style, his naturally poor tank, his boxing dependent pathway to victory, and will not fall for his antics.

Conor lost tonight because he is not well-rounded enough to beat Dustin, in other words, Conor's MMA toolbox isn't as large and all the spinning and flashy stuff won't work as it did when he was new, and still a mystery.
If he fixes his cardio it would still be effective. The reason he's so predictable now is because he's gone primarily boxing base and he doesn't have a huge shot selection with his boxing. Very easy to figure it out, he only has 3 - 4 combos that he throws. 1-2, or 1-2 dip right uppercut, or dip right uppercut straight left cross, or 1-2-1-2. Without his old style with the kicks to offset his limited boxing combos he's very easy to read. Plus he still hasn't worked on his inside boxing game. He needs to work with western boxing trainers and develop an inside game. He tries to walk people down without an inside boxing game, that doesn't work.

Reason his cardio is the way it is is because he focused too much on muscle. That's why he's slow and flat footed now. He lost all his speed and the bounce in his movement. He's become a stationary fighter.

I think there's a very good chance of that too, hence no immediate rematch as was promised.

I've watched Aldo since his WEC debut and have never seen him throw a lunging punch like that before. He closed his eyes and launched into a punch leaving his feet behind him over extended and completely off balance.

A guy as skilled and experienced as Aldo doesn't throw a punch that sloppily unless he's in a blind rage and focused solely on taking someone's head off as quickly and violently as possible.

The real tragedy is he actually somehow landed it and had it landed 3" lower there's a good chance we end up with the most legendary double KO in MMA history.

I can't say for sure Aldo in his normal mindset wins for sure, Conor is a great counter puncher with excellent timing so he could land a big shot but if Aldo is in position and see's it coming he likely absorbs a few and picks Conor apart with his overall better pure striking game or incorporates his vastly superior grappling game into it.

If I'm being honest had Conor given Aldo his rematch and beat him again proving the first fight wasn't an anomaly I wouldn't dislike the guy nearly as much as I do, lol.
I never liked Conor because of that.

It's just the build up to the Khabib fight when Artem got slapped and the Avalanche of Conor hate and Everyone hating on Conor for losing to Khabib. Like Conor got 'exposed' or something.

The thing is I never saw Conor as unbeatable and therefore being exposed.

I see him as an innovator more than anything.

I'm not sure that Conor would have won the rematch with Aldo.

I think that pre zombie Aldo is a nightmare match up for anyone in the FW division at any point in history. The ufc knew this and they knew that had a guy willing to go for the glory and have a champ champ on their hands and Alvarez was a good match up for Conor. So they went that way.

Like, i thought Conor was going to lose Diaz 1 and that he'd lose a rematch with Aldo. That was my opinion of him at the time.

I think Conor built a lot of momentum with all his hype but I wasn't really on board for any of that.

I just think with his talent that he can win fights that a lot of people don't think he can.

I think he get's over estimated and underestimated a lot.

"Respect the athletes"

Also, why did Jon Anik say "Justin Poirier has officially has turned the Mixed Martial Arts world on its axis tonight' ?? No it didn't.

So fucking biased as usual from the UFC. Poirier is ranked 2nd and Conor is ranked 4th. Conor shouldn't even be ranked no4, he didn't even deserve that title shot against Khabib after beating Cerrone. I know rankings aren't everything, but it wasn't (or shouldn't have been) a massive surprise that Conor lost.

What i think you fail to understand is that Conor's rebuilt himself to beat Khabib.

He might gas and lose still sure. It's still Khabib. Skill set wise though I have no doubt that he's built himself into that man.

The calf kick is a whole new thing. It's a change in the game that Conor had no answer for.

That is what we saw tonight.
Calf kicks are a bread and butter staple of striking and have been for years. The fact that Conor didn't train for these or check them shows how much the fundamentals of the game have passed him by.

Im on Conors side here. That was fighttalk - you better stfu if dont plan on coming back. Just shut up and stay retired or come and do the talking in the octagon.
Says the guy who retired three times, talked shit on social media about everyone and fought barely in three years....

Reactions: lsa
I never liked Conor because of that.

It's just the build up to the Khabib fight when Artem got slapped and the Avalanche of Conor hate and Everyone hating on Conor for losing to Khabib. Like Conor got 'exposed' or something.

The thing is I never saw Conor as unbeatable and therefore being exposed.

I see him as an innovator more than anything.

I'm not sure that Conor would have won the rematch with Aldo.

I think that pre zombie Aldo is a nightmare match up for anyone in the FW division at any point in history. The ufc knew this and they knew that had a guy willing to go for the glory and have a champ champ on their hands and Alvarez was a good match up for Conor. So they went that way.

Like, i thought Conor was going to lose Diaz 1 and that he'd lose a rematch with Aldo. That was my opinion of him at the time.

I think Conor built a lot of momentum with all his hype but I wasn't really on board for any of that.

I just think with his talent that he can win fights that a lot of people don't think he can.

I think he get's over estimated and underestimated a lot.
Very well put my friend.

The only issue I have with that is the "innovator" part. Aldo tried twice to fight for the LW belt as the dominant reigning FW Champion against Edgar first and then Pettis.

Odds are he would have won either of these fights and became a "Champ Champ" but Dana said they didn't want a 2 division Champion and the only way Aldo gets a shot at the LW belt is if he vacates the FW belt.

Then Conor comes along and when people asked Dana about giving Conor the same shot he twice denied Aldo of, (despite Aldo being a dominant Champion and Conor having never defended the belt), his explanation was Conor is so active he was confident he would defend both belts multiple times a year which he was afraid Aldo wouldn't, lol.

Then they waited until a week after the Alverez fight to strip Conor even though they knew long before he was never going back to FW so he could be the first "Champ Champ".

I don't consider that being an innovator, I see it as being a spectacular opportunist who was taking advantage of opportunity's he only got because the company he worked for was willing to throw the integrity of the " sport" out the window if it meant bigger short term gains.

As much as I dislike the guy though credit where credit is due, he did make the most of the advantages handed to him and he isn't really the one to blame for it happening the way it happened.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but......

Khabib did shit on bus

but

Conor SHIT IN CAGE. He’s done.
good to hear that but need to disagree , we have no proof about Khabib shitting on bus but now we have your word about Conor shit in cage

Calf kicks are a bread and butter staple of striking and have been for years. The fact that Conor didn't train for these or check them shows how much the fundamentals of the game have passed him by.
maybe "striking" but I haven't ever really seen them used but sparingly in mma.

The go to strikes from the outside every one seemed to default to was jabs and roundhouse kicks to the thigh.

maybe "striking" but I haven't ever really seen them used but sparingly in mma.

The go to strikes from the outside every one seemed to default to was jabs and roundhouse kicks to the thigh.
Tons of mma gyms use them worldwide, big and small. A big part of the game for a while now. If Conor didn't prepare for this at the elite level of the sport, that's on him.

Back