Media Conor McGregor vows ‘greatest return in combat sports’ ahead of expected Michael Chandler fight

Sick85

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Conor McGregor’s highly anticipated return to the UFC has been on hold, but that soon could be changing.

With “The Ultimate Fighter 31” premiering Tuesday on ESPN, there’s a growing belief that the announcement of a fight between coaches McGregor and Michael Chandler soon will follow. And when McGregor finally steps back in the cage, he vows it’ll be unlike any return that’s been seen before.“Not only just a return, the greatest return in combat sports,” McGregor said in an interview with Megan Olivi released Tuesday on the UFC’s YouTube channell. “This is gonna be – I’m gonna kick this guy in the head. He’s just tailor made for being kicked all over the place, and that’s what I’m aiming for.
“I’m aiming to wrap this steel bar around the opponent. You’re gonna see a visual of the leg hanging off, and then you’re gonna see a visual of a head hanging off.”

McGregor hasn’t competed since July 2021 when he was taken off on a stretcher after breaking his leg in an injury TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. Since then, McGregor endured a grueling recovery, although he’s been seen on social media living the good life as the richest fighter in MMA and dabbling in other ventures, all the while remaining out of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency’s drug-testing pool.“It’s time for me to immerse myself back in the game,” McGregor said. “I was just excited to get back, couldn’t turn down the offer.”“He’s put on some exciting fights, he’s eager, he’s willing to fight, he’s a gamer, you’d call him, and he’s not a bad fighter, either,” McGregor said of Chandler, who’s 2-3 since joining the UFC in 2021. “I’m happy with the opponent. I don’t actually care. I accepted this show; it was me and Chandler. Again, it doesn’t bother me.“What do I hope for in this world? I hope for a hundred more fights. I hope for consistency. I hope for a run. I’ve had this on, off, on, off for the last while. I just want to get this nice consistency going. And I’m hoping now when I come back this is where it’s at.” https://www.yahoo.com/sports/conor-mcgregor-vows-greatest-return-170036746.html

Maybe but

kristen-bell-nah.gif

watch the movie 'aguirre, the wrath of god' if you want to try to find a level of delusion comparable to this character's.

I just cant see a path for him to do a "greatest" anything in MMA other than probably the greatest fall from grace, from double champ to chump that cant win a fight to save his life maybe, he might beat Chandler but every fight ahead does not look too favorable for him, he has lost almost 2 years of his fighting years.

Why is this man always calling out fighters at weight classes below himself?

Does he fear a fight against a proper WW fighter?

He's such a cunt, he has to find a way to have an advantage over a smaller fighter because he's too scared to fight anyone his size.

Last time he fought Diaz at 170 he complained about Diaz being 3x the size of him, even though Diaz was a 155lbs career fighter and wasn't at a huge size advantage. I can't imagine how big his vagina would be if he actually fought someone who was truly a WW fighter...

"Tell Dana I said get off Conor's nuts," Diaz recently told MMA Fighting. "I left my room to that fight at 176lbs, so when I fought I was probably 173. Quit telling people I was a monster to make him look good. I've been a lightweight my whole career."

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/in-spi...ckton-fighter-weighed-190lbs-at-ufc-202-98024

Screen_Shot_2016-11-02_at_12.18.30_PM.0.png

A long time ago, Conor backed up all the talk......... a long time ago.

His last win was over some unranked duffer at his local -

Last edited:
Okay greatest return and you want to fight 3-4x a year?
Beat Chandler, then win title at LW against Islam. Then move up to beat Leon/Khamzat. Apparently do it in a years time.

Wish him the best, but George Foreman and Ali say hi. Shit, even GSP says hi.

Back