• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Conor McGregor's master trash talking on Chandler, leaves Chandler speechles

Cerrone wasn’t washed up. Look at who he was losing to at the time only top 3 people. He ended up getting robbed against Pettis his very next fight. Cowboy just happened to be a perfect style matchup for Mcgregor. A slow stater that does awful against southpaws. Cerrone just beat al who was top 5 in an entertaining fight not even a year earlier. That same Al was coming off of a win against Kevin Lee.
Bang in the middle of a 7 fight winless streak that he ended his career on. Nice try. Yeh, it was “prime” cowboy. ;)

3rd fight of a 6 fight losing streak, his next loss after pettis was getting finished by morono = washed AF
He beat Pettis, though. He got robbed. He literally had a top 5 win within a year of the mcgregor fight and then won his next fight but got robbed. I can’t say that’s really washed. Washed fighters aren’t beating top 5 guys. It was the same man Khabib won the belt against, too. It’s okay, there’s nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.

That pettis fight was his last effort i think. He looked like he was happy to get out of there early VS justin and fine with blowing his nose out after 20 years of fighting knowing what was going to happen VS Tony.

That pettis fight was his last effort i think. He looked like he was happy to get out of there early VS justin and fine with blowing his nose out after 20 years of fighting knowing what was going to happen VS Tony.
Aren’t you ignoring the fact that he had a top 5 win within a year of that loss to Conor? A top 5 win in the last year, and a win that was robbed from Cerrone doesn’t say washed up to me. We can agree to disagree.

Bang in the middle of a 7 fight winless streak that he ended his career on. Nice try. Yeh, it was “prime” cowboy. ;)
He won against Pettis directly after Mcgregor he was robbed. He had a top 5 win as well within a year of that mcgregor loss. Top 5 wins especially against the guy Khabib won his title against is not washed. That doesn’t make sense to me. It’s all good agree to disagree. Losses to only top 3 people only and wins over top 5 can’t be washed. Agree to disagree.

Conor baits Chandler into agreeing to 185, then immediately shows the world the truth, that Chandler is just doing what he's told to by McGregor.

while COnor was backing it up with wins, you could say that.
But even parrots talk. Conor (for very long now) has not walked the walk.
So no one cares about his trash talk when he is the trash inside the octagon.

Last edited:
Aren’t you ignoring the fact that he had a top 5 win within a year of that loss to Conor? A top 5 win in the last year, and a win that was robbed from Cerrone doesn’t say washed up to me. We can agree to disagree.

I do consider his top wins yeah, huge Cowboy fan here and could see the decline coming.

Its not like other fighters didn't go from challenging for a belt to really bad losing streaks right after before. Declines come fast man.

I see your point though and don't disagree completely, just think cowboy was on his way out right after fighting Tony.

Still not convinced Conor even fights the guy

I hate Conor but that interaction does reflect that Chandler has a history of being a good boy for the company. Not an inaccurate critique.

I thought this show got cancelled like 7 years ago

This was pretty obviously edited. Conor says something - switch to shot of Chandler looking confused.

Its better to respond to aggressive middle management with fists than words if legal

Cerrone wasn’t washed up. Look at who he was losing to at the time only top 3 people. He ended up getting robbed against Pettis his very next fight. Cowboy just happened to be a perfect style matchup for Mcgregor. A slow stater that does awful against southpaws. Cerrone just beat al who was top 5 in an entertaining fight not even a year earlier. That same Al was coming off of a win against Kevin Lee.

What do you mean? 3rd fight of a 6 fight losing streak, in 2018 Cerrone was washed up his career was done.

What do you mean? 3rd fight of a 6 fight losing streak, in 2018 Cerrone was washed up his career was done.
He won his next fight but was robbed by the judges. I don’t see having a top 5 win within a years time as being washed up. Especially when your losses are to top 3 people and a former champ. That’s just my opinion, however.

Chandler is smart, let McG's talk continue all the way to a fight that will earn him millions.

all conor can do is talk now. let him get the mileage out of it.

something told me going in that chandler wasn't exactly going to be an expert in that department anyway. probably won't even try.

Conor used to be really good at getting under his opponent's skin via trash talk, that's undeniable. Both Aldo and Dustin were gotten to, to the point of it effecting how they fought, Aldo most notably hindered. Even during TUF with Faber, he was pretty slick with it, and I wasn't even a huge Conor fan, it's just true.

However, he's fallen quite far from that, as he seems over the top arrogant, drunk not only on alcohol but his increased monetary coffers (Although the line in the OP isn't bad, his overall presentation is)

Conor with the infused Zen mentality was his best character iteration. He really ought to get back to that. It started to vanish with the first Diaz fight, and getting, interestingly enough, out-talked with the "touchbutt in the park" line.
I don't know.
I think his talk game is mostly the same.
You just perceive it different. Before he was a champion fighter. Now he is an old injured drunk on a losing streak. Different game.

I don't think he shook Aldo by running his mouth, that guy was as pro. He got a lucky punch in.

Conor was a good fighter with two straight big wins.

Back