Conor said he had a poor weight cut for Khabib, so should he move up to 170 full-time?

Bad weight cut
Balloon foot
Not a proper training camp
Bad diet
Wrong driver to the airport
Tummy ache
Pants were too tight
Too windy outside

The list never ends....

You missed "Too defensive minded"

The guys up there are a bit bigger

69dac34ce24f6e6084f34d510f7aac96.jpg

hahah this pic always cracks me up. HES FOOKIN TREE TOUSAND TIMES THE SIZE OF ME!

He did have most of his success at FW though the weight cuts get harder as you get older and his frame always looked sickly at FW weigh ins.

If he can truly get his head back into the game then I’d like to see him have a few fights at LW as there are some good options for him. For someone who was used to winning fights a few times a year it would be tough mentally to not have won a fight in 3 years now, the excuses are probably just him trying to somehow find a way to justify to himself the reasons for he should fight again and convince himself he can be a world beater. Any fighter shouldn’t fight if they don’t believe in themselves walking into the ring.

As for anyone saying that a rematch would settle the score, I believe a few rounds of being dominated provide less reason for a rematch than a quick knockout. Would have really loved to have seen an Aldo Conor rematch run back after the initial win but it’s too late now. Leave Conor fighting some fun match ups for his last few fights as the fans would love it as I don’t think he would have more than 2-3 left at the current rate.

I am not sure what you are talking about, because the score already has been settled once and for all.

The fight was not even close. Khabib absolutely dominated Conor, decimated Conor, humiliated Conor, who QUIT ... leaving him a tired, beaten, broken man, who remained sitting on his ass in the wake of defeat.

Khabib has gone on to defend his title, the moment he was allowed to fight again, while Conor can't seem to muster a single return event.

Conor's true inner self-confidence is destroyed. He barks publicly on Twitter, but deep down inside he is now gun shy.

You need to realize that Khabib is interested in his legacy. Beating Tony Ferguson enhances his legacy. Exiting the game with a victory over GSP cements his legacy.

Beating Conor again does nothing for Khabib, besides waste three months' training time just to gain not one iota more toward his place in history.

He does not have to absolutely smash Conor one more time. There's nothing left to prove, as he took Conor's soul, the last bit of fighting spirit out of him, the first time.

Yes i really want to see Tony fight Khabib! I was no means trying to suggest that Conor should skip the queue, i was just thinking it would be fun to run in back sometime, but I hear ya..

I think if Khabib beats Tony next, it should be GSP after, but Tony may be Khabibs Kryptonite.. he is the only one who has a chance. Who knows, Khabib may retire after that as the GOAT depending on what goes down. Im not sure if i can see Khabib having too many fights. If he beat Tony hes 100% the best 155er ever in history and the most dominant UFC champion in one of the most stacked divisions, and if he beat GSP on top of that (which i think will be extremely hard to do!) then he would be 30/0 and may retire as the king of the UFC.

That said, I love khabib hes a great fighter, but i think i may love Tony just as much if not more, Tony is the fucking man, and he has such an amazing work ethic. Not sure i could say Khabib could ever beat GSP, but maybe now GSP is older he can.

The one thing that worries me vs older GSP is, that even if GSP is out of his prime and battle worn, I can't see GSP coming back unless hes sure he can beat Khabib lol GSP and his team are very smart.

What I will give Conor is no matter how pathetic him and his fan base are, they always find a way to set the bar lower and lower. Scumbags.

The one thing that worries me vs older GSP is, that even if GSP is out of his prime and battle worn, I can't see GSP coming back unless hes sure he can beat Khabib lol GSP and his team are very smart.

I agree with this. GSP is a powerhouse and is uniquely-intelligent in his fight IQ.

WHY IS THIS IN THE HEAVIES?? CONOR ISNT IN THE UFC, THIS SHOULDNT BE HERE!!ONEONE!!

OK, now that I've done my sherdoggian duty, why more excuses after every loss? It's just sad now. The farther away from the fight, the more excuses. Honestly I'm waiting for 'sunspots' or 'Dagestani voodoo' as the next couple...

Back