Conor weighs 160lbs over a week before the fight...

Bewareofdawg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How is he going to weigh over 170lbs the night of the fight exactly?

Shake weights and protein shakes. I believe it is the final stage of the F.A.S.T. conditioning program.

He weighed 168 on fight night against Nate when they fought at 170.

Conor's nutritionist said they won't be cutting much weight in order for Conor to have full cardio without being drained

Conor is a small sized LW in the UFC. I'm not sure why people think he some massive guy, he's like 5'8 and walks around about 170lbs. Guys like Khabib and Tony walk around 200+lbs but no one gives them shit for fighting at LW.

What do the "he cant cut to FW" morons have to say about this? Conor's never weighed more than Aldo or some of these other FWs. They just hate Conor's reach advantage lol

Well, It makes sense.

His cardio Is gonna have to be at another level for this fight.

That means he needs to drop some fat. And weight.

Conor is a small sized LW in the UFC. I'm not sure why people think he some massive guy, he's like 5'8 and walks around about 170lbs. Guys like Khabib and Tony walk around 200+lbs but no one gives them shit for fighting at LW.
He's not a particularly big LW but he walks around 180, I remember his striking coach saying around the time of Diaz 1.

Tony and Khabib are slightly bigger but they don't cut from 200, both just get kinda fat outside of camp, Tony's obviously a lot more disciplined though. Tony posted a picture a couple of weeks ago where he was at 180 so that's probably his natural 'in shape' weight.

What do the "he cant cut to FW" morons have to say about this? Conor's never weighed more than Aldo or some of these other FWs. They just hate Conor's reach advantage lol
According to Conor himself and his camp he is usually in the mid to low 170s. He was a big FW for sure and was cutting a significant amount of weight, but I'm sure he could make that weight again if he had to.

And Conor is definitely heavier than most of the FWs that he fought. Siver and Dustin are the only two FWs that are about his size. He was bigger than Aldo but not by much.

I'm a Conor fan. But can't trust anything him or is team says about his weight.

At the moment, he looks really cut, but a little bigger than we've seen him during some of his featherweight bouts. I imagine if he currently weighs 160...then his featherweight cuts shouldn't have been as bad as they seemed. He looked completely sunken in and his voice was all messed up.

He's not a particularly big LW but he walks around 180, I remember his striking coach saying around the time of Diaz 1.

Tony and Khabib are slightly bigger but they don't cut from 200, both just get kinda fat outside of camp, Tony's obviously a lot more disciplined though. Tony posted a picture a couple of weeks ago where he was at 180 so that's probably his natural 'in shape' weight.

MMA coaches lie all the time about what weight their fighter is walking around at. Conor's included.

He was eating like a pig the last 2 weeks up to the fight and still came in under weight. Nothing about that leadup suggested he was even worried about cutting weight. He doesn't weight train and he's normally very lean, and he was prepping for a title fight at 155 so cutting down from 180 would be pretty risky.

You're talking about McGregor's weight when he was preparing for a 170lbs fight, though, not 155. Eating "two breakfasts".

McGregor walked around at 175lbs during his 10 month ACL hiatus. Owen Roddy actually said he was "around 80 kilo" for the Diaz fight, which could be rounded from whatever.

For the second Diaz fight McGregor said he was walking around at 170lbs during camp. He said he was trying to get heavier, but just couldn't get his weight up with the ridiculous amount of cardio training he was doing.

He isn't 160lbs, go look at him in the buildup to his earlier fights in the ufc, he was 159lbs vs Porier i think a week b4 the fight & was shredded as hell & he's not that level of leanness right now. I predict he's 165-166lbs right now & once he fully rehydrates will be close to 170 on fight night.

More like 5'9+ and 182lbs+ but I get what you mean. There are a lot of bigger LWs out there.

According to Conor himself and his camp he is usually in the mid to low 170s. He was a big FW for sure and was cutting a significant amount of weight, but I'm sure he could make that weight again if he had to.

And Conor is definitely heavier than most of the FWs that he fought. Siver and Dustin are the only two FWs that are about his size. He was bigger than Aldo but not by much.

Ye Dustin Poirier, Holloway, and slightly smaller Aldo, hell, Eddie and Nate were indications that he can usually overcome his opponents with timing and power anyway.

Back