Conor's Chin is the biggest MYTH of all time. It can't handle punches from people his size

Isn't that why all fighters cut? Khabib barely makes the limit and won't move up.
Khabib is a horrible weight cutter....some people simply don't have the genetics/skill to do consistent huge weight cuts...While other fighters can cut huge amounts of weight all the time, with not much problems.

However Khabib is not bigger than the typical elite LW....they all cut around the same weight, Khabib doesn't stand out.

First he got finished by pillow fist diaz...People blamed his cardio..(If Conor didn't panic wrestle he would've been KTFO)

2nd he got finished by pillow fist Mayweather....People blamed his cardio(if the ref didn't step in, he would've been KTFO)

Now he gets finished by hard hitting Poirer....KTFO.

His chin simply isn't as good when facing guys his own size, which are Lightweights....His chin is great against 5'7 and under 145lbs manlets however.

There's a reason why the man chose to cut a crapton for the majority of his career...He was ducking guys his own size, because he knew his chin couldn't handle them and he wanted a size advantage as well against the manlets.

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

main-qimg-82d676e5789207d58b7afe1e88483dfa

RemorsefulAdvancedGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

So can we just put a stop to one of the greatest myths in MMA history?

I didn’t watch the fight but from your gif it almost looks as if Conor is tapping to strikes with the back of his hand as Dustin swarms him on the ground.

Conor is a decent but WAY overrated fighter. His most impressive wins come at 145 where he was clearly way oversized. KO'ing over-the-hill Aldo, midget Mendez, dimunitive Dennis Siver lol and atomic Alvarez lol

Hes a bully, same reason he wants to fight 5'6" Pacquiao who walks round at 150 odd when Conor is 5'9" and walks round 170.

His record against people his own size just isnt that good.
You Conor haters have this hypocritical recursive loop that doesn't make any sense.

So Conor can only beat up people smaller than him, but he's also a manlet? Let's start with the first...so he's the only weight cutter in the sport? Khabib literally shut his kidneys down making LW, but Conor - who has never missed weight - can only beat people smaller than him?... But he's also a manlet?

You lot are worse than any Conor fanboys.

he was off ballance and took shots flush that he was leaning into right to the dome while he was gassing and hurt.

Props to Dustin for putting on such a great performance.

You Conor haters have this hypocritical recursive loop that doesn't make any sense.

So Conor can only beat up people smaller than him, but he's also a manlet? Let's start with the first...so he's the only weight cutter in the sport? Khabib literally shut his kidneys down making LW, but Conor - who has never missed weight - can only beat people smaller than him?... But he's also a manlet?

You lot are worse than any Conor fanboys.

Please make sure your replies are relevant to me. Go through all my posts and see if I have ever called Conor a manlet or defended others for weight cutting large amounts, it shouldnt take you long as i rarely post, I just lurk.

His record against people his size is far inferior to people he has a height, weight and reach advantage over. Does pointing out facts make me hater? Grow up son.

well your thread title doesn't make sense tbh

nate diaz was three times the size of conor

and floyd is half conor's size

so it seems like conor can't take punches from anyone

also you forgot that khabib's whole team beat the fuck out of conor after he got tapped

Eh it’s good, he took bombs from Chad and the cleanest punch khabib ever landed. When he gets gassed it goes to shit which makes sense, cardio is key for durability.

It was exposed when Khabib clipped him. Diaz is pillowfisted. That's why he didn't KO him in the second fight.
Diaz stops people with timing accuracy and volume. Even if its not super powerful It should not be understimated though. He can be tricky with that and catch ppl unawares. He throws weak shots in with powerful ones behind it. If he touches with light jab he suddenly throws a 3 punch combination hard.

I think his chin is his biggest crutch, imo he clearly has a solid chin but his style uses so much energy and quite big movements that he basically just becomes content to take damage to take a break (like in the second diaz fight and the max fight) or his uses so much energy that he just becomes naturally easier to catch.

Honestly, the biggest myth about Conor is his style, you can't just magically train cardio a shitton and sustain the movements he does into the later rounds.

when you destroy your brain with alcohol chin gone too
giphy.gif

Diaz stops people with timing accuracy and volume. Even if its not super powerful It should not be understimated though. He can be tricky with that and catch ppl unawares. He throws weak shots in with powerful ones behind it. If he touches with light jab he suddenly throws a 3 punch combination hard.
Yes pressure game and gets harder to deal with as the fight goes on, however Diaz was far off his prime in both fights and many Conor fans pretend he still is on his best days to justify this "rivarly". Nate peaked long before Conor even showed up. After that he was a tough LW but that was about it. He never got up to Nick's level. He regained momentum vs Johnson but MJ is the exact type of fighter that always fell victim to Diaz style.

The biggest myth was him being great to begin with. Hopefully now we can do without every fifth post having the name 'Connor' in it.

His durability is definitely overrated by some.

Diaz is not a big puncher at all and clearly buzzed him.

People his size? Am i the only one who thought Dustin looked huge next to Conor?.

Poirer has broader shoulders than Conor and mid section....that's it.

Conman has broad shoulders and usually dwarfs most LW shoulder wise....he even dwarfed Khabib's shoulders.....so this is the first time we seen somebody with wider shoulders fight em thus it appeared like Conor was "smaller"(LW dustin has broader shoulders than FW dustin).

khabib-takedown-about-netflix-overlord-and-lvcva-ufc-229-main-card-on-ufc-archive_r5.gif

Weight wise Dustin/Conor were pretty much the same....All Elite LWs cut around the same weight.

Back