Media Conor's Coach: Was it really the threat of the TD, or does Khabib just have faster hands?

I have been saying for the past while, his heart is not in it.

He's made his money.

It takes a special fighter, to get rich and continue.

Floyd picked fights, but he cared for legacy and it was the only way he can make huge bucks.

Conor doesn't need to fight. Not with his whiskey.

I got shouted down for suggesting as much in other threads a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously Conor's financial comfort will affect his hunger and will and decision and the fights he takes going forward.

This is what coach K said about the big punch in an interview yesterday (He's afraid Conor will face huge risks with his health coming back):

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/...ts-again-warns-his-coach-khabib-nurmagomedov/

“Khabib hit him with a punch in that fight that he has never been hit with in his career. And even Superman slows down at some stage.”

Conor is 30 (and so is Khabib) so declining reflexes should not yet be an issue

Look at the speed of that punch. Conor didn't even come close to reacting.

giphy.gif

Here is another point in the fight where Khabib actually countered lefted Conor he was so much faster.

TameImpossibleGrayling-max-1mb.gif

Conor getting staggered

DrearyCheeryDog-max-1mb.gif

Conor getting bitchsmacked

kKDYWmk.gif
the funny thing here is ; Khabis is just standing infront of Conor with his hands down.
Conor had no answer for Khabib, not standing and not on the ground

Khabib is more fast twitch. I think conor underestimated his striking also.

Conor is more fast-twitch, but Khabib took him down and made him exhausted. Conor doesn't have great cardio even when using his prefered energy system (striking), so imagine when someone like Khabib starts grappling you..

Not sure why Jon is coming out saying all this shit. He knows it was the threat of the takedown, Conor was looking at Khabibs waist when he threw that shot and caught him off guard.

If this fight happens 10 more times Conor doesn’t get caught with a shot like again IMO

I got shouted down for suggesting as much in other threads a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously Conor's financial comfort will affect his hunger and will and decision and the fights he takes going forward.

I have been labelled a fan boy for suggesting it lol

I'm a chronic hater, it's just how I see it

People are forgetting flat out stamina issues on mcgregor s end.As the fight approaches 10 minutes old, he becomes a much more malleable target. Both Nate fights,-khabib fight, he physically looks exhausted and reaction time is so clearly evident.
His mouth is special.His power is special.However, his shortcomings continue to be stuck in idle.

Actually it's bullshit

Conor got dropped in the very beginning of round 2.

If his cardio is that bad he should leave the sport because he's going to keep getting destroyed.

When he doesn't train properly his cardio is shit. Hell, when he does train properly I don't think it's that good.

Look at the first Diaz fight. He was completely gassed in round 2 shooting desperation takedowns.

Honestly with Conor's shit gas tank I'm guessing a round spent surviving under Khabib probably did have him pretty exhausted.

I tend to agree that Conor was gassed.
However, claiming he has a one-round gas tank is hardly a defense - it's pathetic and as a FW-LW, he should be embarrassed.

And even though Conor was gassed, Khabib cared so little about his punches that even with a gas tank, it is clear Conor stands little-to-no chance against the Dagestani.

Conor is done. Even in the on paper favourable match up against piorier he's getting smoked. Other fighters smell blood now.

Agreed. Now his glow and spark is gone. Other fighters see him is one dimensional (like he always was) and aren’t scared of him or his BS antics.

I tend to agree that Conor was gassed.
However, claiming he has a one-round gas tank is hardly a defense - it's pathetic and as a FW-LW, he should be embarrassed.

And even though Conor was gassed, Khabib cared so little about his punches that even with a gas tank, it is clear Conor stands little-to-no chance against the Dagestani.

I don't think anyone is saying "Conor has a shit gas tank" as a compliment.

Cardio is a vital part of MMA and often separates great fighters from good ones.

The absolute best shape we've ever seen Conor in cardio-wise was in the rematch with Nate. And he still was fading badly and showed absolutely nothing special from a cardio standpoint. He will never be able to beat the top tier guys who have top tier cardio imo. Nate has great cardio but his overall skillset isn't quite what the top guys like Khabib, Tony, Max are.

I think Max beats the hell out of Conor at LW now too.

Conor getting bitch smacked.

kKDYWmk.gif

Conor definitely got dominated, but Khabib clearly misses that slap by 2-4 inches. Not sure why people feel the need to share that or why Khabib felt the need to show him his open hand.

Conor definitely got dominated, but Khabib clearly misses that slap by 2-4 inches. Not sure why people feel the need to share that or why Khabib felt the need to show him his open hand.
The left slap missed but the right connected right on the face.

Bitch smacked Conor.

I don't see Conor reacting to any TD threat here at all.

He was getting pieced up by the guy with quicker hands all night long.

TameImpossibleGrayling-max-1mb.gif

DrearyCheeryDog-max-1mb.gif

kKDYWmk.gif

no he wasn't.

he only got pieced up AFTER Khabib had molested him on the ground.

and do you know why? because Conor gets tired easy and isn't particularly a good grappler. HENCE WHY he shot the takedown in the 1st rd, smothered him the entire 1st rd so he could setup a STRIKING attack in the next.

it's really not a hard concept to understand.

and what do you mean he's not reacting to takedowns? why do you think he's tired? from walking around? he's tired because HE ALREADY GOTTEN TAKEN DOWN.

wrestling doesn't just help your attack by confusing strikers, it helps by tiring them out too.

Khabib was faster than Conor because Conor was dying for air most of the fight and Khabib was in supreme condition.

One man came in fighting for a belt. Another came in fighting for blood.
I would say one guy came in fighting for the bank account and one came in fighting for blood AND for honour.

I don't believe Conor gives a shit about belts anymore. Just show him the gold.

Still managed to keep Khabib off him for a lot of the fight, to stay standing a lot of the time, to minimize damage on the ground, to get up from under Khabib, and to get out of the fight without much damage.

He has a lot to be proud of and other LWs have a lot to look at when they get matched up with Khabib.

Conor better stay away from title fights in either division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back