Conspiracy Theory: UFC lashing out at USADA is all for show (save face for backtracking)

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I have a theory that UFC and DW freaking out and going after USADA so conveniently near announcing they won’t re-sign with USADA is no accident.

Now they’re signing with the organization that drug tests the NFL lol

Why did UFC bring in USADA in the first place? To bring legitimacy to their sport and build credibility. UFC were trying to show that they’re “doing everything they can” to clean up the sport in the event of a potential (god forbid) serious injury or death in the octagon.

They realized after a while that USADA was overstepping much more than they intended (watching people shower) and busting their top money makers (Jon Jones for one) and this showed to be bad for business.

I think UFC has wanted to part ways USADA for a while now, they just needed a good reason. So instead of having a good reason, they manufactured a “feud” with USADA as to not look bad when they part ways.

The timing is what says a lot here.

I have a theory that UFC and DW freaking out and going after USADA so conveniently near announcing they won’t re-sign with USADA is no accident.

Why did UFC bring in USADA in the first place? To bring legitimacy to their sport and build credibility. UFC were trying to show that they’re “doing everything they can” to clean up the sport in the event of a potential (god forbid) serious injury or death in the octagon.

They realized after a while that USADA was overstepping much more than they intended (watching people shower) and busting their top money makers (Jon Jones for one) and this showed to be bad for business.

I think UFC has wanted to part ways USADA for a while now, they just needed a good reason. So instead of having a good reason, they manufactured a “feud” with USADA as to not look bad when they part ways.

Wasn't USADA the first one to release a statement bashing the UFC concerning the UFC deciding to move on?

Well, in no uncertain terms, bullies are the biggest backlashers of them all. The classic "you can dish it out but you can't take it" syndrome.

And Zuffa is the biggest bully on the block. So ya, what you said is true. But whatever. I don't take anything Dana says seriously anymore. Who does? Only the naive, the daft or the ignorant.

UFC decided to go another direction, probably because USADA didn't meet them halfway on a few things. It sounds like every contract negotiation I've ever been involved in (edit: I mean, the inherent risk of one party leaving is always there, not that I fuck up every contract negotiation lol)

The internet frenzy of trying to dissect exactly what happened with partial information is just that; a frenzy. What will really be more interest to me is, will the new company be more opaque than USADA, or less? If more, will people who bashed USADA incessantly, look back on them fondly?

I feel like your theory has been said by many other ppl before you, and with more details, many involving the upcoming Conor fight.

So, this may not really be "your" theory. But I believe you're onto something.

The UFC can only do so much, which is still a lot, when creating their superstars via match making/avoiding contenders and marketing. Being able to give their favorites hall passes for PEDs is the next step in full on pro wrestling style "entertainment"

Dana sometime in 2024..

" Guys guys...look listen...USADA is a thing of the past okay and its not like we removed testing..we have the NFL guys doing it now... I dont give a fuck what USADA said or is doing" ..

Meanwhile ..2024 lightweights looking like ..

images

download (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg download (3).jpeg why must i always be right now i gotta find another promotion to watch

USADA is the crazy jilted lover, UFC is the dickhead Rico Suave. Is normal

Not all relationships stay good forever. They got married and now they are divorcing after having problems. Is normal.

That's not true, my mom and dad....wait...my mom and dad were never married lol.

My biological father was a scumbag just like Dana though ;)

Back