Contacting People you haven’t spoken to in over 15 years...

SugarKrok

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Would you do it? I am thinking about giving it a go because I just got my high school year book out of storage.

5hfJ.gif

I have done it. My best friend and I lost contact for a long time (my fault). We’re back in touch now and it was def worth it. I’m not sure if it was quite 15 years but it was a long time. We saw each other last Feb before shit got crazy (we live in different states) and it was a good time. Had probably been 15 years since we saw each other in person.

Last edited:

I was off my meds and had dream the dude who was my best friend up until near the end of high school was dying of drinking too much. He was a heavy drinker as a teen so I think it might be a premonition.

I was off my meds and had dream the dude who was my best friend up until near the end of high school was dying of drinking too much. He was a heavy drinker as a teen so I think it might be a premonition.
yeah gonna go ahead and fully greenlight this, def a sign, ive been trying to follow signs and i had dream involving my mom so i texted her a long text about some stuff, I would go for it

well you'll find you probably have grown apart and changed but no big deal, if you were close, why not give it a go.

I recently got back in touch with a guy I knew about 20 years ago (and was a groomsman at his wedding). A guy we used to work with back in the day had died and I got in touch to find out how he died.
We had a lot of catching up to do and have spoken a bit. It's not the same though. We have changed a lot and we tend to argue a bit, mainly due to politics, of which we are polar opposites, and he likes an argument. So we don't have a lot to do with each other since the catch up calls. It's now a short text or comedy meme here and there and that's it.
I think I broke his heart when I told him I don't like Tool anymore ha ha

I don't regret doing it though, at least you'll know and it could reignite a great friendship.

I've thought of getting in touch with a friend from 10 years ago who I wiped due to some reasons I felt strongly about. Not sure if I'll do it or not.

That is was Facebook design for. Everyone from HS keep sending me shit on there.

Would you do it? I am thinking about giving it a go because I just got my high school year book out of storage.

I’d say most people I knew 15 years ago (when I was a little kid) are mostly all dead or in prison with the exception of some kids in school.

I have no interest in reaching out to anyone I knew 15 years ago - I’ve already fucked the ones I had an interest to look up and reach out to. There is no point of contacting people that are irrelevant and Insignificant to me.

You gonna look in the phone book or what?
How does it work, get a private detective?

Yeah, it's nice. A few ex colleagues and school friends have found me after losing touch and vice versa. Can't really pop round for a beer with them being I'm not in the UK anymore but it's been a real laugh catching up with them again. Some of them I didn't speak to for like 30 years but picked up where we left off.

I went to my 20 year HS reunion a couple of years ago, and overall was glad I went. I thought it was funny how all the old cliques pretty much stayed together......the cool kids, the non-cool kids and everything in between. Kinda felt like being in HS again, whereas I was nervous to approach any of the cool kids even though at this point I'm more successful, in better shape and have a better looking wife than most of them. Old habits die hard, I guess.

I got back in touch with a guy I hadn't seen in years. Was about 6 years ago. It was nice to catch up. About a year after that, with occasional phone calls throughout, he was stabbed to death by his girlfriend. I'm glad we had the time.

I have a half sibling I haven’t seen since they were a baby, been 15 years and I’m in my mid twenties. I’ve thought about reaching out to their mom to visit but I feel like a piece of shit for not being around at all

If you do reach out, I would not lead with that.

Back