• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Contender Series Season 7 thread

Uhhh, maybe because I actually enjoy MMA and want to pay attention to young exciting fighters who deserve attention and pay for their skills?
The UFC has created a wage scam and made it the de factor requirement for most guys to get robbed of a full pay UFC contract for scrub minor league money and then the most generic entry contracts.
It sucks and doesn’t reflect any sort of consideration for actual ability.

Eh, I hardly ever see you discussing prospects in the worldwides.

Eh, I hardly ever see you discussing prospects in the worldwides.

He never does. Any chance to shit on the "CANtender series". He goes straight for the jugular.

This series is excellent in finding up and coming talent, legit prospects and worldwide champions.

The dude is a clown, tbh.

Wait for the first few episodes, dudes gonna be crying throughout the threads.

Love this show but man, they need to go back to being more discerning with handing out contracts - sick of 5/5 winners getting them, when 2-3 of them win boring decisions.

Preferred it when they made it harder.

Marco Tulio Silva added to the Fight Pass roster at the same time as Woodburn, so I assume they're fighting each other. He's a powerful Chute Boxe Dhiego Lima finisher.

Also two Brazilian strawweights in Jainara Silva and Eduarda Mora have been added, so presumably they'll be fighting.

Also Aussie just bleed bezerker Tom Nolan has been added and I think he'll be fighting Bogdan Grad who's also on there.

Former LFA Heavyweight champ Thomas Petersen has also been added.

So has excited A1 Combat Bantamweight champ Payton Talbott.

Things are starting to shape up nicely.

If Malcolm Wellmaker wins his upcoming fight I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Talbott. Similar records though Wellmaker's obviously isn't as deep.

Also Aussie just bleed bezerker Tom Nolan has been added and I think he'll be fighting Bogdan Grad who's also on there.

Former LFA Heavyweight champ Thomas Petersen has also been added.

Have a feeling Petersen might end up fighting Greg Velasco.

Any word on Felipe Lima? Hopefully he ends up on this year.

Nothing yet but given that he was supposed to be on RUFC last year I'd say it's almost certain he'll be on.

How many DWCS cards usually happen over the 3 months it's on? Is it weekly? So like 13 weeks, 65ish total fights? 50ish contracts?

Sounds like Dylan Salvador Vs someone. Good fighter imo.

He's 5-1 as a 30 year old (in a couple weeks). Not much potential of ever achieving a rank without some really favorable matchmaking. He'll be fun because of the kickboxing background and decent grappling but he's had competitive fights vs low level guys, I don't think the ceilings high.

Any idea if Magomed Magomedov of Octagon might be on the contender series? He's really hard to look up anywhere due to the gazillion people with the exact same name but he's been finishing lately, good LW prospect to try and sign if he has a visa.

He's 5-1 as a 30 year old (in a couple weeks). Not much potential of ever achieving a rank without some really favorable matchmaking. He'll be fun because of the kickboxing background and decent grappling but he's had competitive fights vs low level guys, I don't think the ceilings high.

Any idea if Magomed Magomedov of Octagon might be on the contender series? He's really hard to look up anywhere due to the gazillion people with the exact same name but he's been finishing lately, good LW prospect to try and sign if he has a visa.

I don't think everyone has to achieve a ranking personally, there's about 80 lightweights in the UFC so if someone can raise the quality of the roster then I'm cool with that.

Not heard anything about Magomed.

LFA Middleweight champ Lucas Fernando has been added to the roster (I think he's fucking awesome), along with his probably opponent former GLORY kickboxer Cesar Almeida.

Peruvian flyweight Kevin Borjas has also been added.

LFA Middleweight champ Lucas Fernando has been added to the roster (I think he's fucking awesome), along with his probably opponent former GLORY kickboxer Cesar Almeida.

Peruvian flyweight Kevin Borjas has also been added.

Isn't Fernando your number 1 MW at present? If so, nice!

Back