• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Contender Series Season 7 thread

Nothing yet. I'm not sure Rocha is quite ready based on his last fight, but I guess it depends who he gets.

Matsumoto might actually be a good opponent if he decided to drop back to 125.

Can Matsumoto drop back down? He's a very muscled fighter, might have just grown out of 125 since he's quite young. Do you have reservations about his success at 135lbs in the UFC as a prospect?

At 135

Can Matsumoto drop back down? He's a very muscled fighter, might have just grown out of 125 since he's quite young. Do you have reservations about his success at 135lbs in the UFC as a prospect?

At 135

Literally looks like a muscular child.

Crossing fingers they can get Ben Tynan on the show. He's still pretty inexperienced, but even inexperienced he's better than a lot of the HW's they've already signed. Plus it's HW, you gotta take anyone with potential, the division as a whole is a wreck and every org wants to patch their thinning HW rosters.

He was forcing his shots against his last opponent, realized he couldn't control his opponent pretty quickly, and then got put down during the first real striking exchange of the fight. His opponent was a lot more game than your average 0-2 regional fighter but it still wasn't a good look.

I think they would have him fight someone like Valter Ignacio and I don't think he is ready for that. Another year on the regionals would serve him well imo.

I'm really hyped for Chino Vallejos. He's 11-0 as a pro and 14-0 as an amateur. Unfortunately the promotors he fought for didn't record or report most of his amateur fights so his amateur record will always be incomplete. Regardless, he's an exciting prospect.

No prospect is safe, really shows they are in the you want us more than we need/want you. They can get most big time prospects to fight on contender series to get into UFC when guys like this should be signed straight up esp with them going to London next month.

No prospect is safe, really shows they are in the you want us more than we need/want you. They can get most big time prospects to fight on contender series to get into UFC when guys like this should be signed straight up esp with them going to London next month.

We will see, the UFC lost Sarvarjon Khamidov to Bellator over this shit. It looks like they might lose Cezary Oleksiejczuk to KSW at this rate as well. Most of the "Big time" prospects available haven't been signed to this year's contender series yet, just a handful of really good signings and the rest is a lot of mid.

Absolutely ridiculous to have Hardwick on the Contender Series. Just insane

We will see, the UFC lost Sarvarjon Khamidov to Bellator over this shit. It looks like they might lose Cezary Oleksiejczuk to KSW at this rate as well. Most of the "Big time" prospects available haven't been signed to this year's contender series yet, just a handful of really good signings and the rest is a lot of mid.

Cezary wants to go on Contender Series, they just haven't put him on yet.

According to mmajunkie, Gazhiev (10-0) fights Velasco (6-0) at HW. This isn't gonna end well for Velasco. On a sad note Chandler Cole is also confirmed as HW. Hopefully he fights someone good because Gazhiev, Velasco, Neves and Diniz all probably beat him and they're fighting each other. SMH

According to mmajunkie, Gazhiev (10-0) fights Velasco (6-0) at HW. This isn't gonna end well for Velasco. On a sad note Chandler Cole is also confirmed as HW. Hopefully he fights someone good because Gazhiev, Velasco, Neves and Diniz all probably beat him and they're fighting each other. SMH

Chandler Cole is fighting former LFA champ Thomas Petersen I think.

Imagine if Gazhiev were to lose this somehow, biggest upset on DWCS ever.

Weirder things have happened. The on-form undefeated Neves got steamrolled in 1 round by Mick fucking Parkin last season.
True but Gazhiev is a lot more consistent than Neves I would imagine, also fought better competition. But he could get clipped randomly for sure.

Back