Cooking With @Buff - Steak, Fresh Pasta, Soup, Tacos, and more...

Who Do You Cook With?

• Volk

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Buff

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
Thanks brother mang!

I'd gladly accept McGrooger money to cook for any of my OG sherbros.

As for ketchup... I love that shit, but only with certain things - steak and eggs, for example... It's only really acceptable in Chinese food as an actual ingredient - most places sweet and sour sauce is ketchup, garlic, and soy because you don't need to add more sugar, vinegar or coloring after..... But its completely forbidden in Italian food - wrecks everything you put it into without exception.
Man have I got a story for you, when I was in the fire dept I worked with a guy we nicknamed peanut butter Bill. He put that stuff on everything, so I walk thru the dining area one evening on my boy Bill is having spaghetti with peanut butter on his garlic bread and a big glass of milk. I could only think of what the people in Italy would think if they saw that.

five minutes is the minimum you should have.

brief intro about who you are and why it's relavent, think about prep work, add commentary, ingredients and why you add what you add, the cooking process, add commentary, tasting/eating, your reaction.

you can simply film yourself doing all this stuff, change angles every minute (30 degree rotation), voice over (this way you're not fumbling on words and you can work towards talking to the cam), and be done. Use lumafusion to edit on your phone, it's good enough, pro level editing software, dirt cheap in the grand scale of things. Thumbnail is a closeup of the final product and a stupid face reaction in the background.

later as you do better, get b-roll of close up prep, cooking, ingredients, fire, sizzle, etc.

one of my hobbies is being a content creator, have like 30K on IG (which means nothing), and multiple monetized TY channels, one lead to a 100K/yr side hustle. I know a lot of YT creators that have boosted small side gigs into fully blown out full time careers/businesses. You dont need any additional gear if you are going to voiceover, otherwise, a nice mic would probably the biggest expense you have for now. P.S. skip all the music, they'll eat all of your profits, and unnecessary distraction. Be yourself.
This is top quality consultancy bro... Everyone else has been telling me to make things as short as possible on the hope I'll hit the lottery with something and go viral... which is lottery chances at this stage.

Youtube... Are you sure I haven't missed the boat though? I mean I'm thinking to re-edit that steak video into something a bit longer and record something a little less complicated food-wise to make it understandable... I'm totally with you on the "one thing at a time" approach, and you're definitely right about the sound - its wavy, and I mutter when I'm doing things...

The content you're describing is literally what I do for a living - set up, describe, cook, and so on... I can definitely do this, and think it suits me better than choppy shorts... Which I might also still put out with longer clips for the viewers... My end game is to generate more work with this, but if it could be possible for my old ass to monetize cooking on the Internet then I'm down for trying it all...

This is top quality consultancy bro... Everyone else has been telling me to make things as short as possible on the hope I'll hit the lottery with something and go viral... which is lottery chances at this stage.

Youtube... Are you sure I haven't missed the boat though? I mean I'm thinking to re-edit that steak video into something a bit longer and record something a little less complicated food-wise to make it understandable... I'm totally with you on the "one thing at a time" approach, and you're definitely right about the sound - its wavy, and I mutter when I'm doing things...

The content you're describing is literally what I do for a living - set up, describe, cook, and so on... I can definitely do this, and think it suits me better than choppy shorts... Which I might also still put out with longer clips for the viewers... My end game is to generate more work with this, but if it could be possible for my old ass to monetize cooking on the Internet then I'm down for trying it all...
no, you havent missed the boat, people move in and out of youtube all the time, it's as simple as if you're determined enough to break through? You have give five or six months with no activity, start fresh, you'll eat steak again the next year I'm sure, and it doesnt have to be the most appealing food, you can make simple foods that are cheap and good, since everything is so goddamn expensive, less about you, more about what people want, get used to that mindset.

send me a message if you're serious about building a channel, I hang around here and shitpost enough, I can guide you through the process if you're willing to endure a bit of pain and anguish of getting little to no views for a while. I made my wife a promise early on building her brand, thirty videos, I help film, direct, create, that she would get a thousand subs...... she blew right past that, and now has a channel that gets thousands of views a day after posting a video, tens of thousands weeks later, some have hundreds of thousands.

not charging a dime for this stuff, film making was a hobby, dabbled on YT for several years, figured out how to work that system (a bit lazy to put in the work), but if you really want to grow your channel and possibly make an income from it (it wont be much at the beginning), then send me a message, better than a bunch of posts that get lost.

Man have I got a story for you, when I was in the fire dept I worked with a guy we nicknamed peanut butter Bill. He put that stuff on everything, so I walk thru the dining area one evening on my boy Bill is having spaghetti with peanut butter on his garlic bread and a big glass of milk. I could only think of what the people in Italy would think if they saw that.
probably Dutch. They love peanut butter anything.

Yes bruva, these videos are awesome.

All the people that I've seen making cooking videos on instagram seem to be really boring or are massive twats and they still get loads of followers.
These videos are great, the food looks amazing and somebody as naturally funny as yourself should have no problem making this a massive success.

I've followed you and will keep liking all the vids and bump the views as much as possible.....just as long as you keep pulling those wacky faces.

All the best G 👍

Last edited:
Great stuff, dude. Looks good to me!

Best of luck on your channel

All the people that I've seen making cooking videos on instagram seem to be really boring or are massive twats and they still get loads of followers.
These videos are great, the food looks amazing and somebody as naturally funny as yourself should have no problem making this a massive success.

I've followed you and will keep liking all the vids and bump the views as much as possible.....just as long as you keep pulling those wacky faces.

All the best G 👍
@Buff I'm with our Franko, there is clearly a market for decent cooking content without being being a massive twat :) that market is saturated in the UK.

Buff cooking with Rashad on James Martin talking about the weekend card in a month or two

no, you havent missed the boat, people move in and out of youtube all the time, it's as simple as if you're determined enough to break through? You have give five or six months with no activity, start fresh, you'll eat steak again the next year I'm sure, and it doesnt have to be the most appealing food, you can make simple foods that are cheap and good, since everything is so goddamn expensive, less about you, more about what people want, get used to that mindset.

send me a message if you're serious about building a channel, I hang around here and shitpost enough, I can guide you through the process if you're willing to endure a bit of pain and anguish of getting little to no views for a while. I made my wife a promise early on building her brand, thirty videos, I help film, direct, create, that she would get a thousand subs...... she blew right past that, and now has a channel that gets thousands of views a day after posting a video, tens of thousands weeks later, some have hundreds of thousands.

not charging a dime for this stuff, film making was a hobby, dabbled on YT for several years, figured out how to work that system (a bit lazy to put in the work), but if you really want to grow your channel and possibly make an income from it (it wont be much at the beginning), then send me a message, better than a bunch of posts that get lost.
Man, this all sounds amazing, and I'd be a fool not to take you up on this... Your settings are set so that I can't send you a message though - you have to send me one, apparently...

More than happy to go through a process... Can't be any harder than the blind sailing I'm doing at the moment...

Pretty annoyed with myself for deleting all my raw footage tbh - I was doing all of the explaining and commentary as I was going... Some of them were really usable for longer content... But I can always make more.

This might be a stupid question, but if I buy a mic, would it record the sound as a seperate file?

All the best G 👍

I see you 😉

I realky appre this man - tbh i have a few issues with confidence with it from time to time... The wacky faces especially end up getting cut out! Hahahaha! I'll try to keep more in!

It's a work in progress, but I'm on it... Wish me luck!!

Great stuff, dude. Looks good to me!

Best of luck on your channel

Thanks monica

@Buff I'm with our Franko, there is clearly a market for decent cooking content without being being a massive twat :) that market is saturated in the UK.

Buff cooking with Rashad on James Martin talking about the weekend card in a month or two
There are many massive twats, and even more charlatans doing it out there...

Tbh the ones I hate the most are these cunts that dump $100 of food into a baking tray, and roast it for no reason other than to annoy people... But I'm also old now, and don't understand many things.

I see you 😉

I realky appre this man - tbh i have a few issues with confidence with it from time to time... The wacky faces especially end up getting cut out! Hahahaha! I'll try to keep more in!

It's a work in progress, but I'm on it... Wish me luck!!

Yeah keep them in bro, makes the videos fun imo.

I could imagine you are a proper good laugh when doing those live shows, takes a lot of guts to do something like that.

You were made for this, you're gonna be massive. Wish you all the luck in the world G.

<Prem771>

Bumping cuz I made dem beef spare rib tacos ting was fire fam my latina wife said gracias to you my guy prolly having another kid next year cuz of u bro finna name him Buff Sparerib anyway bless up fam hope u win gold at di chef Olympics this year 🙏☝️👨‍🍳

Bumping cuz I made dem beef spare rib tacos ting was fire fam my latina wife said gracias to you my guy prolly having another kid next year cuz of u bro finna name him Buff Sparerib anyway bless up fam hope u win gold at di chef Olympics this year 🙏☝️👨‍🍳
Thank you brother mang.

Buff Sparerib... Sounds like a discontinued McDonald's like <lol>

Made this yesterday, and it slapped...

But I fucked up on the filming, and the YouTube didn't look great...

Last edited:
Back