cool it with the goat stuff

His strength of competition is probably the worst out of anyone making a claim.
I don't think so. He ran over gartjhe, rda, dustin, conor and several others. Lost 1 round in 29 fights. You can't get much better than that.

I started watching in ‘96. Khabib is not the GOAT. Sorry.

Fedor cleared out one division with some losses in the process, and couldn't clear it out a second time
GSP cleared out a division twice and then captured gold one weight class above
Khabib flawlessly cleared out the toughest division in the sport, but only once

I say GSP is still the GOAT in terms of accomplishment.

Khabib is so far and away the GOAT that its not even funny. He showed off footwork that he never needed to and finished it all with the subs that we hoped he had. Woulda held that title for as long as he wanted

RDA, Conor, Poirier, Gaethje, MJ, Barboza, Iaquinta

Wow, what a resume. Truly the MMA GOAT.
His resume is much weaker than Aldo, Jones, Fedor, GSP, Anderson.

Compare that to Jones resume (for example, or use Silva or GSP or Fedor):
Bader, Shogun, Lyoto, Rampage, Rashad, Belfort, Sonnen, Gustaffson twice, Glover, DC twice, Anthony Smith, OSP, lots more title defenses, more knockdowns, more finishes, etc.
That's not including his recent controversial bullshit wins.

Then you werent old enough to watch gsp

I lived GSP brother from his montreal TKO days till he retired and came back...

He would give khabib problems for sure...

But as far as a career is concerned...khabib is better man...

He stopped or mauled all opponent GSP lost and got those wins back later on but he still lost...

Gsp is the ufc goat because Jones is a drug cheat.

People are struggling to make this point, so I’ll make it.

Yes, the man has only 3 defenses, but he was the uncrowned champ at LW for a VERY long time.

He could have been challenging for that title way earlier than 2018.

His quality of opponents prior to the belt was good enough to “count” as that level of win.

Arguably the GOAT for sure. Khabib haters are so sad right now lol

I lived GSP brother from his montreal TKO days till he retired and came back...

He would give khabib problems for sure...

But as far as a career is concerned...khabib is better man...

He stopped or mauled all opponent GSP lost and got those wins back later on but he still lost...
He faced better opponents. Jones too

khabib is the goat of the lw division but calling him the goat of ufc? people must of forget about gsp and jones all of a sudden.
How can we forget?
gspserra1.gif

Stfu ts. Khabib the greatest ever. No one has ever been as dominate. I didn’t forget gsp getting knocked out by Matt Serra. Jones is a crackhead so khabib claims the throne.

Jones
GSP
Khabib
Anderson

Khabib would probably be the goat if he kept fighting but who knows

GOAT of LW division no doubt.
Great to see a legend go out with a 0, the belt, his brains and admiration.
Let the man have his moment.

He faced better opponents. Jones too

This is really the only statement u could make in GSPs defense ..and GSP is the only GOAT Candidate close to Khabib IMO...

There one and two interchangeable depending on your judging criteria

Then you werent old enough to watch gsp

GSP did not dominate literally every single one of his opponents.

That being said, title defenses do mean a lot. It's insanely difficult to not only make it to the top, but to remain there fight after fight when everyone and their mother is training, studying, and preparing to one day fight you. You usually have to be very well rounded to do that because everyone is trying to exploit your weaknesses. While Khabib has fought mostly strikers, striking would be his weakness, so if he all of a sudden fought a bunch of wrestlers, I don't think they would do any better given that is his strength.

All in all, it's difficult to say which guy had the more illustrious career. I would say they are about even.

GSP is great, but he also has 2 losses. He was in GOAT contention before fighting Bisping also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back