Corey got so lucky in a way...

Lol it was a clean overhand right, Jon Jones would of been rocked in all honesty...Getting hit clean by trained 200 pound men sucks. Some of you should try it and report the details.

Exactly, a lot of people seem to think there's a skill you can learn that a legend like Jon Jones would implement if he absorbed the same kind of shots Walker did. When a fighter lands a 'power shot' its almost never completely clean, because something as small as the fighter moving their head slightly at the time of impact mitigates the force. This is why a good fighter never puts their hands down and tries to always stay in motion.

Of course fighters can over time build up a tolerance to being hit that allows a veteran to be able to stay on their feet, but there's no tolerance anyone can gain to a completely clean power shot. All these people talking about 'glass chins' should watch the Patrick Day boxing match from last month, there are potentially fatal consequences for anyone that absorbs a clean shot.

Last edited:
Walker's capable of the flashy knockouts, but his overall game needs a lot of tightening before he's ready to be a serious contender.

Walker is lucky he didn't face someone with KO power

If pillow fisted wrestler Anderson can do that, imagine what someone like Reyes would do

Anderson would beat Reyes as well...

That being said, it was posted a million times leading up to the fight...

Walker’s chin is quite suspect.

He had a bad night. I hope he can turn things around. There needs to be some new superstars at LHW.

Anderson would beat Reyes as well...

That being said, it was posted a million times leading up to the fight...

Walker’s chin is quite suspect.

Wow, that was pretty bad. It looked like he was flash KO'd twice.

Walker fought like an idiot after getting hurt. When you're rocked to shit, throwing bombs and leaving yourself open is pretty silly. You usually end up getting fucked up more (in before Kongo vs Barry).

That said, it would appear that Walker is a glass cannon. Can ruin your night quickly if given the chance but it doesn't take much to put him on skates.

A lot fighters just go into instinct mode when they get hurt in a certain way. it's not 'silly', it's just a reaction and your brain has been thrown completely off and you don't have your senses.

I think it remains to be seen if Walker is a glass cannon, too. Yeah, he got rocked early, but that was a hard, clean shot by Corey. It most likely would've put anyone on skates.

A lot fighters just go into instinct mode when they get hurt in a certain way. it's not 'silly', it's just a reaction and your brain has been thrown completely off and you don't have your senses.

I think it remains to be seen if Walker is a glass cannon, too. Yeah, he got rocked early, but that was a hard, clean shot by Corey. It most likely would've put anyone on skates.
I don't think it would have. I think he's a glass cannon and I am a fan of the guy. Corey Anderson is certainly not known for being a a guy that hurts people with strikes.

Walker striking percentage in his 4 fights.

Against Rountree 91% landed
Against Ledet 88% landed
Against MIsha 50% landed
Against Corey 33% landed

quite the slide.

C'mon @true_fan you better than that, lucky nothing Corey tore him up and I had JW, Johnny played games in NYC and paid the price. If he had come out to do proper business instead of mug for the fanz he wouldn't have got his ass busted Corey was serious as f*k all week JW should've seen that I changed my bet after ceremonials weigh-ins then came here got swayed by JW talk and flipped again.

Last edited:
Corey Anderson is underrated as hell... That was no fluke.

It’s certainly concerning when a guy who earns all his wins against UFC caliber opponents by decision—and often can’t pull away until they gas—blasts you outta there in the first real exchange.

Anderson just hit 30 and is clearly a hardworking professional, so I wouldn’t put it past him to have finally hit the right combination of skill and old man strength to start putting people away (the way Masvidal has done). But for now this is the anomaly.

Walker reeks of glass cannon right now unfortunately.

It was like he was wearing an invisible shield or something because Walker didn’t even land one shot and if he did just one strike, then it would’ve stopped his momentum right away and gave time for the Walker to get his composure back! I’m still on the bandwagon and hopefully JW learned something, who is with me?
'the' Walker

giphy.gif

Walker striking percentage in his 4 fights.

Against Rountree 91% landed
Against Ledet 88% landed
Against MIsha 50% landed
Against Corey 33% landed

quite the slide.

Those three fights lasted less than 3 minutes. You’re basically calculating at what rate the followup hammer fists landed. Really doesn’t indicate anything at all.

You understand that any power shot which lands completely clean from a guy as big as Anderson would knock 95+% of the UFC roster unconscious immediately. It doesn't matter that hes a 'pillow fisted wrestler', when your punched that cleanly by a clenched fist which has been winded back you are going to be knocked unconscious. The fact Walker was able to get up so many times after a number of these blows where he didnt have his hands up is staggering.

Walker has the complete opposite of a glass chin. He was clowning around in the cage, and wasn't fighting seriously until he got hit with that first power shot, which almost certainly concussed him. Dana White said essentially the same, Walker was not acting serious while there was a 200+ pound man in the cage trying to kill him. Hopefully we never see something like that from Walker again.

I can’t buy this. Anderson has landed lots and lots and lots of punches in his UFC career and simply doesn’t rock people. Pat Cummins stinks and should get stopped by any decent striker and Corey couldn’t do it.

Agree that Walker ate a flush shot and was clowning around like an idiot (although partly he’s trying to be unpredictable so he can attack out of nowhere). But calling him the opposite of a glass chin is crazy. We’ll have to see what the future holds, but right now he has all the hallmarks of a frontrunner (looks great when he can land something big early; gets his defense exposed if he can’t).

Anderson just hit 30 and is clearly a hardworking professional, so I wouldn’t put it past him to have finally hit the right combination of skill and old man strength to start putting people away (the way Masvidal has done).
When Corey started his UFC run he was a good wrestler with great cardio and not much more, He would just grind out decisions.

Some time around the OSP fight (before he got caught) he has shown very solid boxing technique. He still has good wrestling and elite cardio for 205.

That combination of skills is very tough to overcome for anybody at 205, if you dont turn Corey's lights out he will drown you.

Those three fights lasted less than 3 minutes. You’re basically calculating at what rate the followup hammer fists landed. Really doesn’t indicate anything at all.
Oh i'm aware. He actually landed 9/11, 7/8, 4/8, 1/3 or something like tht. but this is Shertard and most people wont read that. just shh and move along.

OR Corey took the initiative and never let Walker get into the fight. Seems more likely than an invisible shield

I certainly wouldn't call the fight luck by any means, but I don't personally feel that the loss should lower Walker's stock too much. He is still lacking UFC cage time and these sort of fights are bound to happen to almost all elite fighters. I agree and feel that this will make him a better fighter. Even in a first round stoppage effort, he showed no signs of quit and kept getting back up -- he seems like a tough kid. I feel he still has plenty of potential and look forward to his upcoming bouts. I still really want to see some ground work from him.

Back