Cormier responds to Gustafsson shot: ‘What exactly have you accomplished?’

Nah they’re losses bro. Don’t try to spin it any other way. It’s fact, not bias. Know the difference.

You think all those close Super Bowl games were bias propagates? No, they were wins for one and lost for the other no matter how close.

You missed the point bro.

EDIT: See my point below, the fact that Gus will be remembered by those losses proves that they weren't regular losses.

I like Gus he's obviously a tremendous fighter and seems like a good person on top of that. He did go 5 rounds with the two best at lhw and made it competitive. They were good fights and close fights at that. But at the end of the day he came up short on both occasions. If he never wins the lhw championship those two loses will be the biggest part of his legacy. They'll be what a lot of people remember him by.

Yeah and that illustrates my point perfectly.

He'll be remembered by those losses because they weren't regular losses.

Yea stop projecting your own Jon Jones insecurity on others.

I have nothing to be insecure about Jones' actual GOAT career. You don't have to hyperbole anything about his achievements.

Ben and Tyron did not achieve that kind of success in another weight class.

Okay then is Frankie Edgar a top 10 GOAT? He has 3 title defences too and has had enormous success across two weight classes. Better than Cormier in fact.

Cormier has a great career. There's no need to make it out to be more than it's been. If he beats Stipe we can start talking about him being top 10.

14c5f7de366c2168586270926885.jpg

Lol. And dc is famous for losing to Jones twice.

If he thinks strike force and interim champ overshadow that he is sorely mistaken.
Still a bigger accomplishment than Gus'

DC will always be defined by his two ass whoopings by JJ and wasn't even his toughest fight.

Still a bigger accomplishment than Gus'
It is. But what is he known for? Losing to Jones twice is my honest unbiased opinion. I think he knows it and has recently been clamouring for another fight with Jon.

DC is right. But his ironic Tweet of “Enough with the social media,” just gives Gustafsson the attention that he wants and needs. Ignoring him would’ve been a better burn.

DC will always be defined by his two ass whoopings by JJ and wasn't even his toughest fight.

Jones will be remembered for losing to a deaf guy and taking roids.

DC will be remembered to losing to a guy that poked him in the eyes and was on roids.

You missed the point bro.

EDIT: See my point below, the fact that Gus will be remembered by those losses proves that they weren't regular losses.

Great, he will also be remembered for getting smashed by Rumble.

But is that how he’ll want to be remembered?

That's the fight that should be happening. Not DC vs Stipe which screws fighters in both weight classes. We will have interim belts in every weight class by the end of the year.

i like gus but he got rekt there. he needs to take care of his body and fight/win more.

DC biggest accomplishment is forcing bones to juice to twice out of blatant fear. DC is the only fighter to retire a champion by losing to them.

<SelenaWow>

What an asshole. Maybe we can stop pretending Cormier is a nice guy now?

I'm a DC fan. But one could also say his greatest accomplishment is his two close losses to Jones.

I'm amazed Jon hasn't seen DC's comment and pointed that out himself.

Except that’s not true. He’s a former Strikeforce HW Grand Prix champion and two
time UFC LHW champ with several defenses to his name. While I think Jones is the greatest MMA fighter in history, the fact remains that his two fights with DC have been marred by 3 failed drug tests.

Back