Cornette canceled

It's a damn shame because NWA powerrr got me back into watching a little pro wrasslin again.

Can't wait for this weeks Experience...

giphy.gif
I think he's still commentating this week because it's already been recorded.

Going 100% on personality and with absolutely no inside information, I'm guessing Billy C told Corny he had to apologize, Corny told him no (but with more cursing), so they agreed to his resignation so each could save face. If Corny had agreed to do one of those half-assed, Charles Barkley apologies he'd probably still be there.

That's my guess anyway.

Billy Corgan HATES social justice warriors with a passion. So, I imagine it's probably somebody else getting spooked by the outrage mob.

It was a stupid comment from an out of touch boomer. This has nothing to do with "SJW" nonsense. No sane person in the same position would have made that comment as it is dripping in racial overtones.

Billy Corgan HATES social justice warriors with a passion. So, I imagine it's probably somebody else getting spooked by the outrage mob.

I can't say I know anything about the personal feelings of one Bill Corgan, but I do know the company owned by Bill Corgan immediately apologized for the comment and pulled the video so it could be edited.

It was a stupid comment from an out of touch boomer. This has nothing to do with "SJW" nonsense. No sane person in the same position would have made that comment as it is dripping in racial overtones.

I disagree on the racial overtones. It was an unfunny hack line, that was a hack line in 80s when it would have been made. If he'd have said "Ridden through the hood with Fried Chicken on his back", absolutely racial overtones. But, my mind went to "stock Ethiopian jokes", rather than "Racial joke".

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/nwa-jim-cornette-apologizes-offensive-comments/

Wrestling Fans: I sure do miss the Attitude Era where everything was a little edgier and a little less scripted.

Also Wrestling Fans: Everything is fucking canceled until each and every one of my delicate little sensibilities are adhered to.
so mutch this.

Paige and Renee Young don't want Cornette's stink ass on their show either

funny since wwe backstage is tanking hard. They had to hire punk to boost the flatlining ratings.

He's the old man shaking his fist at the silly children everyday.

With ideas and opinions that belong to him. Not just one of tens of Millions on the exact same woke bandwagon that the others are.

I completely understand your point. But he hasn't got anyone canceled , other than himself.

I'm on his side on this one because I'm just sick and fucking tired of these fragile little bitch made young folk.

Be offended, by all means...
And then move on...
no need to stick your flag pole in the ground and declare war, create a silly hashtag, or write a tweet letting us know how this minor transgression has affected you moving forward. No one really gives a fuck how it affected you, other than your soft ass lame ass contemporaries.

giphy.gif

People get mad if you don't like what they like and decide to voice that.

You're attacking them...
... somehow.

Cornette has never stopped anyone from watching Joey Ryan dick flip an opponent. Not once. I can still find those videos on YouTube and I can still tune in to impact and watch him.

But somehow to say that Joey Ryan is the dumbest shit ever in wrestling , you are attacking everyone that likes it and I guess making them feel shity about themselves. That's not inclusive enough for 2019.

My opinion? If someone disliking something that you like affects you in any way shape or form: kill yourself.
AKA cancel yourself. You're a bitch.

And it in no way surprises me whatsoever that the professional wrestling crowd has, over time, morphed into something of the equivalent of Bronies.

Say something about Bronies and you're automatically a bully. Because words hurt.

You are so correct. This was not prevalent 10 or 20 years ago. Way too much comfort. Way too much soy. Way too much PC. Way too much HR culture infecting our everyday life.

tenor.gif

Apparently Cornette has used this quote a bunch of times, originally with Big Bubba Rogers/Big Boss Man in the 80's, but it is only now does it cause triggering.

He's not meant to be a color commentator anyhow so nothing is lost. And NWA Powerr is just as cosplay as AEW. Cornette trying to say it's not is a misrepresentation.

I disagree on the racial overtones. It was an unfunny hack line, that was a hack line in 80s when it would have been made. If he'd have said "Ridden through the hood with Fried Chicken on his back", absolutely racial overtones. But, my mind went to "stock Ethiopian jokes", rather than "Racial joke".

Yeah, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it probably didn't have a racist intent. He's a country bumpkin, and fried chicken is probably just the first food that came to his head.

Still though, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Yeah, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it probably didn't have a racist intent. He's a country bumpkin, and fried chicken is probably just the first food that came to his head.

Still though, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Exactly, the dude's from Kentucky. Fried Chicken is literally the only thing Kentucky is known for.

Exactly, the dude's from Kentucky. Fried Chicken is literally the only thing Kentucky is known for.
Don't let Foot see this... oh wait.

Back